- Volume 18 Issue 1
Smart Contract's Hierarchical Rules Modularization and Security Mechanism
스마트 컨트랙트의 계층형 규칙 모듈화와 보안 메커니즘
- An, Jung Hyun (Dankook University. Dept. computer) ;
- Na, Sung Hyun (INsoft solution business) ;
- Park, Young B. (Dankook University. Dept. software)
- Received : 2019.03.13
- Accepted : 2019.03.22
- Published : 2019.03.31
As software becomes larger and network technology develops, the management of distributed data becomes more popular. Therefore, it is becoming increasingly important to use blockchain technology that can guarantee the integrity of data in various fields by utilizing existing infrastructure. Blockchain is a distributed computing technology that ensures that servers participating in a network maintain and manage data according to specific agreement algorithms and rules to ensure integrity. As smart contracts are applied, not only passwords but also various services to be applied to the code. In order to reinforce existing research on smart contract applied to the blockchain, we proposed a dynamic conditional rule of smart contract that can formalize rules of smart contract by introducing ontology and SWRL and manage rules dynamically in various situations. In the previous research, there is a module that receives the upper rule in the blockchain network, and the rule layer is formed according to this module. However, for every transaction request, it is a lot of resources to check the top rule in a blockchain network, or to provide it to every blockchain network by a reputable organization every time the rule is updated. To solve this problem, we propose to separate the module responsible for the upper rule into an independent server. Since the module responsible for the above rules is separated into servers, the rules underlying the service may be transformed or attacked in the middleware. Therefore, the security mechanism using TLS and PKI is added as an agent in consideration of the security factor. In this way, the benefits of computing resource management and security can be achieved at the same time.
Supported by : 정보통신기획평가원
- Swan, Melanie., Blockchain: Blueprint for a new economy, O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2015.
- Nakamoto, Satoshi. Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system. from https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf, 2008.
- Buterin, Vitalik., "A next-generation smart contract and decentralized application platform," White paper, 2014.
- Clack, Christopher D., Vikram A. Bakshi, and Lee Braine., "Smart contract templates: foundations, design landscape and research directions," arXiv preprint arXiv:1608.00771, 2016.
- Clack, Christopher D., Vikram A. Bakshi, and Lee Braine., "Smart Contract Templates:Essential requirements and design options." arXiv preprint arXiv:1612.04496 (2016).
- Cox, T., EOS. IO technical white paper, Github repository, 2017.
- De kruijff, Joost, and Hans Weigand., "Ontologies for Commitment-Based smart contracts," OTM Confederated International Conferences "On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems", Springer, Cham, 2017.
- Sung Hyun Na, Young B. Park., Implementation dynamic smart contraction conditional rule framework using SWRL, Dankook University, 2019.
- Horrocks, lan, et al., "SWRL: A semantic web rule language combining OWL and RuleML," W3C Member submission, Vol. 21, No. 79, 2004.
- Guerro, Antonio, et al. "Ontology-based policy refinement using SWRL rules for management information definitions in OWL" International Workshop on Distibuted Systems: Operations and Management, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2006.
- Rescorla, Eric. The transport layer security (TLS) protocol version 1.3. No. RFC 8446. 2018.
- Rowan, Sean, et al. "Securing vehicle to vehicle communications using blockchain through visible light and acoustic side-channels," arXiv preprint arXiv:1704.02553, 2017.
- Cooper, Matt, et al. RFC 4158-Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Certification Path Building, Available at https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4158.txt, 2005.
- Linn, John. "Trust models and management in public-key infrastructures," RSA laboratories, Vol. 12, 2000.
- Jung Hyun An and Young B. Park. "Rule configuration in self adaptive system using SWRL," Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 6-11, 2018.