- Volume 39 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Improving the Quality of Response Surface Analysis of an Experiment for Coffee-supplemented Milk Beverage: II. Heterogeneous Third-order Models and Multi-response Optimization
- Rheem, Sungsue (Graduate School of Public Administration, Korea University) ;
- Rheem, Insoo (Department of Laboratory Medicine, Dankook University Hospital) ;
- Oh, Sejong (Division of Animal Science, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2019.02.11
- Accepted : 2019.02.22
- Published : 2019.04.30
This research was motivated by our encounter with the situation where an optimization was done based on statistically non-significant models having poor fits. Such a situation took place in a research to optimize manufacturing conditions for improving storage stability of coffee-supplemented milk beverage by using response surface methodology, where two responses are
response surface methodology;central composite design;heterogeneous third-order model;multi-response optimization;desirability
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Ahn SI, Park JH, Kim JH, Oh DG, Kim M, Chung D, Jhoo JW, Kim GY. 2017. Optimization of manufacturing conditions for improving storage stability of coffee-supplemented milk beverage using response surface methodology. Korean J Food Sci Anim Resour 37:87-97. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2017.37.1.87
- Box GEP, Wilson KB. 1951. On the experimental attainment of optimum conditions. J Royal Stat Soc Series B Methodol 13:1-45.
- DerringerG, Suich R. 1980. Simultaneous optimization of several response variables. J Qual Technol 12:214-219. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224065.1980.11980968
- Giunta AA. 1997. Aircraft multidisciplinary design optimization using design of experiments theory and response surface modeling methods. Ph.D. Dissertation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USA.
- Myers RH, Montgomery DC, Anderson-Cook CM. 2009. Response surface methodology: Process and product optimization using designed experiments. 3rd ed. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA.
- Oh S, Rheem S, Sim J, Kim S, Baek Y. 1995. Optimizing conditions for the growth of Lactobacillus casei YIT 9018 in tryptone-yeast extract-glucose medium by using response surface methodology. Appl Environ Microbiol 61:3809-3814.
- Rheem I, Rheem S. 2012. Response surface analysis in the presence of the lack of fit of the second-order polynomial regression model. J Korean Data Anal Soc 14:2995-3001.
- Rheem S, Oh S. 2019. Improving the quality of response surface analysis of an experiment for coffee-supplemented milk beverage: I. Data screening at the center point and maximum possible R-square. Food Sci Anim Resour 39:114-120. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2019.e9
- SAS. 2013. SAS/GRAPH User's Guide. Release 6.04, SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- SAS. 2013. SAS/STAT User's Guide. Release 6.04, SAS Institute, Inc., Cary, NC, USA.