Table 1. Differences in General Characteristics of the Subjects between Non-Multicultural and Multicultural Middle School Students
Table 2. Differences in Variables related to Depression between Non-Multicultural and Multicultural Middle School Students
Table 3. Relationships between Depression and Related Factors in Non-Multicultural and Multicultural Middle School Students
Table 4. Influencing Factors on Depression in Non-Multicultural and Multicultural Middle School Students
- Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 13th the Korea youth risk behavior web-based survey [interent]. Cheonju: Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC); 2017 [cited 2017 December 15]. Available from: http://www.cdc.go.kr/CDC/contents/CdcKrContentView.jsp?cid=139405&menuIds=HOME006-MNU2802-MNU2895new/pages/main.asp.
- Dumas JE, Nilsen WJ. Abnormal child and adolescent psychology. Boston: Allyn & Bacon; 2003. p. 1-30.
- Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs Press Releases. Foreign resident survey in Korea statistics [internet]. Sejong: Ministry of Public Administration and Security; 2017 [cited 2017 November 16]. Available from: https://www.mois.go.kr/frt/bbs/type001/commonSelectBoardArticle.do?bbsId=BBSMSTR_000000000014&nttId=60528.
- Korean Educational Development Institute. Current statistics of Korean multicultural student [Internet]. Jinchon: Korean Educational Development Institute; 2016 [cited 2019 Feburary 20]. Available from: http://kess.kedi.re.kr/post/6656386?itemCode=03&menuId=m_02_03_0.
- Goo GM, Chung HH. Structural relations among adolescents' stress, automatic thoughts, depression, suicidal ideation and a path analysis of gender differences. Korean Journal of Counseling. 2012;13(3):1295-1314. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.13.3.201206.1295
- Kim JM. The moderating effect of optimism and perceived parental empathy in the relation between school-related stress and depression. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2014;21(4):203-225.
- Park JH, Lee MS. The effects of adolescents school adjustment on depression in their transitional period: The moderating effects of parental support, parental monitoring, and peer support. Journal of Korean Home Management Association. 2014;32(3):45-63. https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2014.32.3.45
- Yu JH, Hwang SY. Factors affecting depression among adolescents from multicultural families in korea: A comparison with those from general families. Social Work Practice & Research. 2016;13(1):115-146.
- Oh SH. The study on the eco-systemic variables affecting multicultural family adolescents' depression. Korean Journal of Community Welfare. 2016;56:1-27. https://doi.org/10.15300/jcw.2016.56.1.1
- Jung JY, Kim JN. Gender differences in relationships between perceived parental behavior, cognitive emotion regulation strategies, behavioral inhibition and depression in early adolescents. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2011;18(12):227-254.
- Jo YJ. The effects of parenting attitude on sexual awareness and sexual behavior of youth [dissertation]. Gyeongsan: The Graduate School of Yeungnam University; 2016. p. 1-128.
- Kang MH, Lee SY. The mediating effects of hope and ego-resilience on the relationship between adolescents' academic stress and psychological well-being. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2013;20(20):265-293.
- Hwang MK. The relationship between parent-peer attachment of multi-culture children and social anxiety [master's thesis]. Busan: Pukyong National University; 2010. p. 1-65.
- Rosenberg M. Society and the adolescent self-image. New Jersey, NJ: Princeton University Press; 1965. p. 149-168.1
- Jeon BJ. Self-esteem: A test of its measurability. Yonsei Nonchong. 1974;11(1):107-130.
- Lee MH. The influence of body image on social anxiety: The mediating effects of self-efficacy [master's thesis]. Seoul: Sungshin Women's University; 2010. p. 1-421.
- Kovacs M, Beck AT. An empirical-clinical approach toward a definition of childhood depression. In: En J. G. Schulterbrandt, A. Raskin, editors. Depression in childhood: Diagnosis, treatment, and conceptual models. New York: Raven Press; 1977. p. 1-25.
- Lee MR. Relationship of high school seniors' coping strategies used to handle examination stress with levels of depression: In relationship of additional life event stress. Korean Home Economics Association. 1995;105:89-98.
- Lee ES. Construction of a structural model about male and female adolescents' alienation, depression, and suicidal thoughts. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2007;37(4):576-585. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.4.576
- Park DH, Jang SN. Influence of parental socioeconomic status on stress, depression and suicidal ideation among korean adolescents. Journal of the Korea Academia-industrial cooperation Society. 2013;14(6):2667-2676. https://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2013.14.6.2667
- Park TH, Lee KH. The effects of parental and peer attachment, depression on the self-esteem in adolescents. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2014;20(3):353-361. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.3.353
- Lee JS, Lee HS. Relationships of individual and family variables with adolescents' depression. Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association. 2012;24(4):77-89
- Yoon SY, Chae GM. The mediating effects of self-encouragement on the relationship between academic stress and mental health problem among adolescents. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2016;23(12):1-24. https://doi.org/10.21509/kjys.2016.12.23.12.1
- Hyun MS, Nam KA, Kong SS. A study of relationship between adolescents' sexual development and problem behavior and depression-focused on middle school students in kyungki-do. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2001;10(4):533-547.
- Jeon GS, Park SY, Cho SH. Gender differences in correlates of depression and suicidal ideation among korean adolescents. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management. 2012;6(4):295-308. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.4.295
- Yoon MS, Cho HJ, Lee HH. Effects of study stress and peer attachment on adolescent's depression: The mediating effects of internet usage and alcohol use. Kookmin Social Science Reviews. 2009;25(2):131-156.
- Kim KS, Park MK. A study on middle and high school Student's stress, life satisfaction and It's related variables. Korean Home Economics Education Association. 2000;12(1):33-45.
- Lee SH, Hyun MH. The effects of obesity, body image satisfaction, and binge eating on depression in middle school girls. Korean Journal of Health Psychology. 2001;6(1):195-207.
- Bae KH, Lee SC. A study on personality, friend, parent, and school factors influencing the psycho-social adjustment of adolescents. Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. 2014;7:219-246.
- Kim EK. The factors related to the marital satisfaction of the foreign wives who live in small town. Journal of Korean Home Management Association. 2008;26(6):83-94.