- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Hydraulic Watershed Classification and Analysis of Flow Characteristics of Groundwater on Jeju Island
제주도 지하수 유역의 적절성 평가와 수리학적 유역설정
- Kim, Min-Chul (Jeju Research Institute) ;
- Yang, Sung-Kee (Department of Civil Engineering, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2019.02.21
- Accepted : 2019.03.14
- Published : 2019.04.30
This study was carried out to identify the problems of the underground watersheds on Jeju Island, and to establish the hydraulic groundwater basin to be used as basis for the analysis of the groundwater model. In order to evaluate the adequacy of the groundwater basin on Jeju Island, a correlation analysis between elevation and groundwater level was conducted using data from 125 observation wells. The analysis, conducted with an elevation step of 100 m, exhibited values of R2 in the range 0.1653-0.8011. No clear correlation was observed between elevation and groundwater level. In particular, the eastern and western areas showed an inverse proportionality between elevation and groundwater level. The Kriging technique was used to analyze the underground water level data and to define the equipotential lines for all areas of Jeju Island. Eight groundwater watersheds were delineated by considering the direction of groundwater flow, the positions of the observation wells, and the long and short axes of the watersheds.
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Choi, B, S., 1999, Determination of Aqnifer Characteristics from Specific Capacity Data of Wells in Cheju Island, J. of sci. Groundwater Environment, 6,. 180-187.
- Chung, S. Y., Shim, B. O., Kang, D. H., Kim, B. W., Park, H. Y., Won, J. H., Kim, G. B, 2001, Interpolation of Missing Groundwater Level Data Using Kriging at a National Groundwater Monitoring Well, J. Geo. Soc. Korea., 37(3), 421-430.
- Davis, B. M., 1987, Eses and Abises od Cross-Validation in Geostatistics, Mathematical Geology, 19(3), 241-248. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00897749
- Franke, O. L., Reilly, T. E., 1987, The effects of boundary conditions on the steady-state response of three hypothetical ground-water systems-Results and implications of numerical experiments.
- Franke, O. L., Reilly, T. E., Bennett, G. D., 1987, Definition of boundary and initial conditions in the analysis of saturated ground-water flow systems - An introduction.
- Gribov, A., Krivoruchko, K., 2012, New Flexible Non-parametric Data Transformation for Trans -Gaussian Kriging, Quantitative Geology and Geostatistics, 17, 51-65.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2014, Groundwater management regulations.
- Jejudo, 2003, Comperhensive Survey of Hydrogeology and groundwater resources in Jeju Island(III)., 173-179.
- Journel, A. G., Huijbregts, C. J., 1978, Mining geistatisticsm Academic Press, 600.
- Jung, W. Y., Yang, S. K., 2009, Simulation of runoff of rivers in Jeju island using SWAT model, J. Environ. Sci, 18(9), 1045-1055.
- Kim, M. C., Yang, S. K., Oh, S. T., 2015, Analysis on Groundwater Flow According to Low Permeable Layer Structure over Seongsan Watershed of Jeju Island, J. Environ. Sci. Inter., 24(4), 449-459. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.449
- Oh, Y. H., Park, D. I., Koh, B. R., 2016, Comparative Studies of Kriging Methods for Estimation of Groundwater Level Distribution, J. Water Science and Technology. Sci. Inter., 24(.6) 137-148.
- Park, J. K., Kim, M. C., Yang, S. K,. Lee, J. H., Kim, Y. S., 2016, Assessment of Groundwater Flow Modeling according to Hydraulic Conductivity Zonation in the Dae-jeong Watershed of Jeju Island, J. Environ. Sci. Inter., 25(12), 1727-1738. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2016.25.12.1727
- Park, J. K., Park, Y. J., Wye, Y. G., Lee, S. H., Hong, C. S., Choo, S. Y., 2002, Application of kriging approach for estimation of water table elevation, Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, 4(3) 217-227.
- Park, J. S., Yun, Y. S., Park, L. S., 2012, Contemporary statistics, 332-339.
- Shepard, D, 1986, A Two-dimensional interpolation function for irregularly- spaced data, Proceedings of the 1968 ACM National Conference, 517-524.
- Soeng, T. J., 2011, Modern Basic Statistics - Understanding and Application, 25-27.
- Solow, A. R., 1990, Geostatistical Cross-Validation: A Cautionary Note, Mathematical Geology, 22(6), 637-639. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00890512
- Won, Y. S., 2007, Development of Long Term Rainfall-Runoff Model of Combined Surface and Ground Water, Ph. D. Dissertation, Ajou University, Korea.
- Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, 2013, Water resources management master plan.