- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study on Marital intimacy, spousal support, sexual autonomy and empowerment on married immigrant Vietnamese women in Korea
결혼이주 베트남여성의 부부친밀감, 배우자지지, 성적자율성과 임파워먼트 관계 융합연구
Moon, Ji Hyun
- Received : 2019.02.28
- Accepted : 2019.04.20
- Published : 2019.04.28
This study was attempted to identify the marital intimacy, spousal support, sexual autonomy and empowerment of married immigrant Vietnamese women. This study was conducted to 119 Vietnamese women who migrated for marriage, and it took place from May to September, 2018. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, ANOVA and Pearson's correlation coefficients. Marital intimacy
married immigrant women;marital intimacy;spousal support;sexual autonomy;empowerment
- The National Statistical Office. (2010). Dynamic statistics of population (Marriage)
- L. S. Chon & H. J. Cho. (2019). A stydy on enculturation type and life's satisfaction among marriage immigrant women. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(2), 277-284. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.2.277 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.2.277
- D. H Seol, H. K. Lee & S. N, Cho. (2008). Survey on marriage family and strategy for their long-term support. Seoul : Ministry of Gender Equality & Family.
- E. Y. Jung. & J. H. Kong. (2018). Convergence study on attitude toward migrant wives, cultural knowledge and cultural nursing behavior by nurses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(5), 281-290. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.281
- T. L. Kim, J. Y. Kim, G. H. Jung & S. M. Choi. (2012). Contraceptive knowledge and practice among married immigrant women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 18(4), 290-301. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.4.290
- S. S. Kong. (2005). A Marital relationship enhancement program for couple: randomized controlled trials, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 29(1), 161-173.
- W. Lu et al. (2009). Changes in quality of life among breast cancer patients three years post-diagnosis, Breast Cancer Research Treatment, 9(114), 357-369.
- S. N. Kim. (1999). A Structural model for quality of life in women having hysterectomies, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 29(1), 161-173. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.1922.214.171.124
- Y. J. Kim. (2017). The influence of social networks and social support on Depression: for older women in rural area. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(10), 339-340. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.10.339 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.10.339
- D. Parikh. et al. (2009). Post-traumatic stress disorder and post-traumatic growth in breast cancer patients- a systematic review, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 16, 641-646.
- S. Wolf. (1990). Freedom within reason. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- S. B. Chang. (2002). Development of sexual autonomy measurement for college students, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 8(1), 106-115.
- A. Falk-Rafael. (2001). Empowerment as a process of evolving consciousness: A model of empowered caring. Advances in Nursing Science, 24(1), 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1097/00012272-200109000-00004
- L. C. Chang, L. Li & C. H. Liu. (2004). A study of the empowerment progress for cancer patients using Freire's dialogical interviewing. Journal of Nursing Research, 12(1), 41-50. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.JNR.0000387487.86309.07
- A. Chang & Y. H. Park. (2012). Effects of an empowerment program on the adjustment of older adults to nursing home life, Journal Korean Academic Nursing, 42(4), 559-567. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.4.559
- M. S. Yoo. (2010). Effects of a multi cultural marital advicacy program based on empowerment model on self esteem, self efficacy, coping way and family stress in multcultural couples. Journal of Korean Society Maternaty Child Health, 14(2), 145-160. https://doi.org/10.21896/jksmch.2010.14.2.145
- E. Waring. (1984). The measurement of marital intimacy, Journal of Marital Family therapy, 10, 185-192.
- K. S. Nam. (1988). A study on the correlation between spouse support and the body image of female patients who have done mastection and hysterectomy. Doctoral dissertation. Ewha women University. Seoul.
- M. J. Kim & H. S. Kang. (2003). A comparative study of consistent and inconsistent contraceptive users on partner communication, perceived contraceptive control, and sexual autonomy. Journal of Korean Academic Nursing. 33(6), 784-791. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.6.784
- E. S. Rogers, J. Chamberlin, M. L. Ellison & T. Crean. (1997). A Consumer constructed Scale to Measure Empowerment Among Users of Mental Health Service, Psychiatric Services, 48(8), 1042-1047. https://doi.org/10.1176/ps.48.8.1042
- Y. S. Yoo & O. H. Cho. (2001). Spouse support, sexual satisfaction and marital intimacy of post-mastectomy patients, Journal of Korean Community Health Nursing Academy. 15, 148-156.
- J. H. Moon. (2016). Marital satisfaction, marital intimacy, spouse support, physical symptom and wellbeing with breast cancer patient Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 10(4), 1933-1946.
- J .H. Park, S. Y. Bae & E. Lee. (2010). The influence of marital intimacy on mental health and quality of life in breast cancer survivors, Korean Journal of Health Promotion, 10. 177-184.
- M. Cappiello, R. S. Cunningham, M. T. Knobf & D. Erdos. (2007). Breast cancer survivors: information and support after treatment, Clinical Nursing Research, 16, 278-293. https://doi.org/10.1177/1054773807306553
- O. H. Ahn, Y. H. Kim, M. S. Jeon, M. S. Youn, & Y. Y. Hwang. (2010). Relationships among spousal support, self-esteem, and marital satisfaction of marriage immigrant women, Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 12(6)(B), 3137-3151.
- K. W Kim, K. H. Kang & G. H. Jeong. (2012). Self-efficacy and sexual autonomy among university students, Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 26(1), 51-59. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2012.26.1.051
- M. S. Choi & N. S. Ha. (2004). A study on the knowledge, attitude, and experience in sex and sexual autonomy of college students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 10(4), 318-330.
- J. H. Kim & N. C. Kim. (2017). Effects of birth control empowerment program for married immigrant Vietnamese women in South Korea, Journal of Women Health Nursing, 23(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.1.1 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2017.23.1.1
Supported by : National Mokpo University