- Volume 10 Issue 4
This purpose of this converged study was to investigate the marriage satisfaction of double-income couples and it is a descriptive study to confirm the relationships. This study collected data from July 1 to July 30, 2018 for 240 double-income couples living in P metropolitan city and G province. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient, multiple regression. As a result of the study, Marital conflict was significantly correlated with sexual intimacy (r=-.163, p=.012), marriage satisfaction (r=-.347, p=.<001), sexual intimacy, marriage satisfaction (r=.655, p=.<001). Marriage satisfaction was health states (
Convergence;Double-income couples;Marital conflict;Marriage satisfaction;Sexual intimacy
- H. J. Choi & S. G. Back. (2015). A Study on depressive disposition by convergence approach of leisure history and family situation in elderly women. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(5), 295-302. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.295 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.295
- G. S. Yoo. (2010). Effects of the division of household on wives'work-family spillover and marital satisfaction in dual-earner families. The Journal of Asian Woman, 49(1), 41-69.
- W. O. Lee & S. J. Kim. (2015). A Study on the convergence determinants of premium bottled water purchase demand. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(6), 221-229. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.221 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.221
- S. H. Woo. (2014). A study on the Plan of Creating Jobs for Women in the ICT Industry. Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, 4(2). 19-24.
- R. K. Hong & W. K. Lim. (2014). Effect of the wor satisfaction and quality of life of the middle-aged workers on retirement preparation. Journal of Digital Convergence. 12(11). 33-48. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.33 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.33
- I. H. Ju. (2012). With exploring the determinants of Korean double-income couple's housekeeping times-wife's economic dependence on husband and whether a husband participates in housework or not as a center. The Korean Sociological Association, 2012(6). 1099-1113.
- Statistics Korea. (2016). https://news.joins.com/article/22195761/
- H, J. Lee. (2017). Analysis of Research Trends related to women: focusing on literature in korean journal of social welfare, 2009-2017. Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB. 7(5). 149-155. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.5.149 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.5.149
- H. S. Lee. (2017). The Mediating effects of expression in the relationships between marital conflict and parenting behavior of young children's fathers. Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB. 7(6). 237-244. DOI : 10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.6.237 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.6.237
- S. H. Song. (2016). Mediation effect of marriage satisfaction about personality traits of married female immigrants to affect on preparing their old age. Journal of Digital Convergence. 14(2). 49-56. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.49 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.49
- E. S. Kang. (2009). Research on the attitudes of work-Family relationship and gender roles: comparative analysis between employed women and non-employed women. Academy of Democratic Society & Policy. 15. 237-274.
- S. Mauno & U. Kinnunen. (1999). The effects of job stressors on marital satisfaction in finnish dal-earner couples. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 20. 879-895. DOI : 10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199911)20:6<879::AID-JOB982>3.0.CO;2-2 https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(199911)20:6<879::AID-JOB982>3.0.CO;2-2
- D. H. Olson. (2008). Circumflex model of marital And family systems. Journal of Family Process. 22(2). 144-167. DOI : 10.1111/1467-6427.00144 https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-6427.00144
- S. J. Rye & H. J. Cho. (2015). The effect of marital conflict on marital satisfaction: The mediating effect of dysfunctional communication behavior and moderation effect of self-compassion. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology. 20(1). 213-233. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2015.20.1.012
- S. Sprecher. (2013). Attachment style and sexual permissiveness: The moderation role of gender. Personality and Individual Differences. 55(4). 428-432. DOI : 10.1016/k-paid.2013.04.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2013.04.005
- K. S. Shon & Y. A. Ju. (2015). The relationship between sexual intimacy and marital satisfaction of married middle-aged men women : The moderation effect of speaking and listening in couple communication. The Korean Psychological Association. 21(4). 697-718.
- H. S. Lee & K. Park. (2008). The relationships between adult attachment and marital satisfaction: in consideration of the caregiving and sexual intimacy variables as the mediating effect. The Korean Journal of Health Psychology. 13(3). 671-689. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2008.13.3.007
- S. P. Sinha & N. Mukerjec. (1990). Marital adjustment and space orientation. Jsoci psychol. 13(50. 633-639. DOI : 10.1080/00224545.1990.9922955 https://doi.org/10.1080/00224545.1990.9922955
- H. M. Kim & J, U. Park. (2013). Study of variable factors affection couple's marital satisfaction: Focused on the related variable of myself and partner. Journal of Korean Home Management Association. 31(3). 125-140. DOI : 10.7466/JKHMA.2013.31.3.125 https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2013.31.3.125
- Y. S. Yi & K. R. Park. (2011). The impacts of personality differences between husbands and wives on marital conflict : over the length of the marriage. Korean Journal of Human Ecology. 20(4). 731-743. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2011.20.4.731
- K. R. Choi. (1995). Family functioning, marital conflicts, conflict coping strategies and couple's psychological adjustment. Family and Environment Research. 33(6). 99-113.
- K. H. Lee & S. H. Ok. (1998). Marriage types classified by wives' perception of marital conflict and intimacy. Family and Environment Research. 36(4). 247-248.
- R. F. Massey. (2000). The Assessment of sexual intimacy: A validity study, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- A. J. Roach & L. O. Frazier & S. R. Bowden. (1981). The marital satisfaction scale development of a measure for intervention research. Journal of Marriage and the family. 43(3). 359-367. DOI : 10.2307/351755 https://doi.org/10.2307/351755
- I. S. Lee & Y. J. Yoo. (1986). An assessment of the validity of the marital satisfaction scale - Mss of Roach, Frazier, Bowden. Korean Home Management Association. 14(1). 1-14.
- Y. J. Hur. (1997). With study-communication of marital satisfaction based on the types of marital relationships and a solving method of conflicts as a center. Sungshin Woman National University, Seoul.
- E. H. Lee. (2000). The Integrated Model of Conflict between Work and Family : relations of Work - Family Conflicts , Antecedents and Outcomes. The Korean Psychological Association. 19(2). 1-4.
- Y. H. Kim & S. Y. Jeong. (2000). Marital conflict and satisfaction: The moderation effect of conflict-coping strategies. Korean Home Management Association. 25(5). 65-82.
- E. M. Cummings & P. T. Davies. (2002). Effects of marital conflict on children: recent advances and emerging themes in process-oriented research. The Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry. 43(1). 31-63. DOI : 10.1111/1469-7610.00003 https://doi.org/10.1111/1469-7610.00003
- Y. S. Yang & B. W. Kim. (2009). Mediating effects of empathy and forgiveness on the relationship between marital conflicts and psychological maladjustment. Korea Journal of Counseling. 10(2). 683-699. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.2.200906.683
- M. S. Jang & Y. H. Kim. (2002). Relations between marital communication patterns and conflict coping strategies. Korean Clinical Psychology Association. 21(2). 331-347.
- Y. O. Jang & S. L. Jeong. (2016). The influences of variables related to family and employment on work-family negative spillover in dual-earner couples. Journal of Korean Home Management Association. 34(2). 65-83. DOI : 10.7466/JKHMA.2016.34.2.65 https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2016.34.2.65
- D. N. Hawkins & A. Booth. (2005). Unhappily ever after: Effects of long-term, low-quality marriages on well-being. Social Forces. 84(1). 451-471. DOI : 10.1353/sof.2005.0103 https://doi.org/10.1353/sof.2005.0103
- L. J. Waite & M. Gallagher. (2002). The case for marriage: Why married people are happier, healthier, and better off financially. New York.
- E. K. Hur & U. H. Kim. (2016). Actor and partner effects of couple interaction on marital satisfaction and physical & psychological health. Korean Journal of Family Welfare. 21(3). 417-441. https://doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2016.21.3.3
- J. G. Sandberg & J. B. Yorgason & R. B. Miller, E. J. Hill. (2012). Family to-work spill over in singapore: Marital distress, physical and mental health, and work satisfaction. Family Relations. 61(1). 1-15. DOI : 10.1111/j.1741-3729.2011.00682.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-3729.2011.00682.x
- E. J. Kim. (2014). The relationship between marital conflict, leisure experiences and marital satisfaction in middle aged couples. Ewha Woman National University, Seoul.