- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on the Influence of Media Violence Acceptance and Violence Perception on Dating Violence in University Students
미디어 폭력성 수용 정도와 폭력 인식이 대학생의 데이트 폭력 행동에 미치는 영향에 대한 융합적 연구
Park, Jummi;Shin, Nayeon;Park, Hyosun
- Received : 2019.01.28
- Accepted : 2019.04.20
- Published : 2019.04.28
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to examine the factors influencing dating violence in University students. Methods: A descriptive regression design was used and the participants were 211 university students. Data analysis included t-test, ANOVA, pearson's correlations, multiple regression. Results: The significant factors affecting dating violence were justification of violence and irrational belief of date violence. The regression model explained approximately 24.7~33.0 % of dating violence. Conclusion: The findings recommend that nurses have to improve preventing dating violence of university students by considering violence perception.
Violence;Perception;Intimate partner violence;Universities;Students
- S. Y. Lee. (2017) Risk factors of sustaining violent romantic relationship among dating violence victims: focusing on television, individual, and gender factors. CNU Journal of Social Science, 28(3), 33-55. DOI: 10.16881/jss.2017.07.28.3.33 https://doi.org/10.16881/jss.2017.07.28.3.33
- Zhang, Q., Espelage, D. L., & Rost, D. H. (2018). Short-Term Exposure to Movie Violence and Implicit Aggression During Adolescence. Youth & Society. DOI:10.1177/0044118X18775846 https://doi.org/10.1177/0044118X18775846
- Y. Niwako, J. Ostenson, & C. R. Brown.(2009). The functions of gender role traditionality, ambivalent sexism, injury, and frequency of assault on domestic violence perception. A study between Japanese and American college students. Violence Against Women, 15(9),1126-1142. DOI: 10.1177/1077801209340758 https://doi.org/10.1177/1077801209340758
- R. Lundgren & A. Amin. (2015). Addressing intimate partner violence and sexual violence among adolescents: emerging evidence of effectiveness. Journal of Adolescent Health, 56(1), S42-S50. DOI:10.1016/j.jadohealth.2014.08.012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2014.08.012
- A. J. Freeman, J. A. Schumacher, & S. F. Coffey. (2015). Social desirability and partneragreement of men's reporting of intimate partner violence in substance abuse treatmentsettings. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 30(4), 565-579. DOI: 10.1177/0886260514535263 https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260514535263
- E. Calvete. (2008). Justification of violence and grandiosity schemas as predictors of antisocial behavior in adolescents. Journal ofabnormal child psychology, 36(7), 1083 DOI:10.1007/s10802-008-9229-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10802-008-9229-5
- N. Yamawaki, M. Ochoa-Shipp, C. Pulsipher, A. Harlos, & S. Swindler. (2012). Perceptions of domestic violence: The effects of domestic violence myths, victim's relationship with her abuser, and the decision to return to her abuser. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 27(16), 3195-3212. DOI:10.1177/0886260512441253 https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260512441253
- H. S. Kang & E. S. Lee. (2014) Predictive factors for perpetrations of dating violence in university students. Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 23(4), 288-298. DOI:10.12934/jkpmhn.2014.23.4.288 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2014.23.4.288
- J. Khubchandani, S. K. Telljohann, J. H. Price, J. A. Dake, & C. Hendershot. (2013). Providing assistance to the victims of adolescent dating violence: A national assessment of school nurses' practices. Journal of School Health, 83(2), 127-136. DOI:10.1111/josh.12008 https://doi.org/10.1111/josh.12008
- H. A. Park. (2016). The influence of media violence on suicidal ideation in middle school students: focusing on aggressiom and resilience. Master's thesis. Yongmoon Graduate School of Concseling Psychology. Seoul.
- C. Y. Lim, S. Y. Jung, & M. S. Lee (2010). The effects of violence perception on dating violence, and the moderating effects of relationship satisfaction. Journal of Community Welfare, 35, 12(1), 147-179.
- S. Y. Lee. (2017). Risk factors of sustaining violent romantic relationship among dating violence victims: focusing on television, individual, and gender factors. Journal of Social Science. 28(3), 33-55. DOI: 10.16881/jss.2017.07.28.3.33 https://doi.org/10.16881/jss.2017.07.28.3.33
- S. Y. Jung, C. Y. Lim & M. S. Lee. (2011) The effects of prejudice on dating violence and the mediating effects of violence acceptability and relationship conflict. Social Science Research Review, 27(4), 127-151.
- R. C. Shorey, G. L. Stuart, T. M. Moore & J. K. McNulty.(2014) .The temporal relationship between alcohol, marijuana, angry affect, and dating violence perpetration: A daily diary study with female college students. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 28(2), 516-523. DOI : 10.1037/a0034648 https://doi.org/10.1037/a0034648
- L. J. Friedlander, J. A. Connolly, D. J. Pepler & W. M. Craig. (2013). Extensiveness and persistence of aggressive media exposure as longitudinal risk factors for teen dating violence. Psychology of violence, 3(4), 310-322. DOI : 10.1037/a0032983 https://doi.org/10.1037/a0032983
- M. Ellsberg et al. (2015). Prevention of violence against women and girls: what does the evidence say?. The Lancet, 385(9977), 1555-1566. DOI : 10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61703- https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61703-7
- J. Van Ouytsel, M. Walrave, K. Ponnet, & J. R. Temple. (2016). Digital forms of dating violence: what school nurses need to know. NASN school nurse, 31(6), 348-353. DOI : 10.1177/1942602X16659907 https://doi.org/10.1177/1942602X16659907
- C. J. Ferguson et al. (2008). Violent video games and aggression: Causal relationship or byproduct of family violence and intrinsic violence motivation?. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 35(3), 311-332. https://doi.org/10.1177/0093854807311719
- A. L. Harris. (2011). Media and technology in adolescent sexual education and safety. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing, 40(2), 235-242. DOI : 10.1111/j.1552-6909.2011.01218.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1552-6909.2011.01218.x
- I. J. Byun & Y. G. Jung. (2012). Processing Sex Crime News: The effects of the sensational value of news story and the exposure to pornographic materials. Media & Performain Arts, 7(3), 30-62.
- Y. H. Park. (2014) Exploring the effects of exposure to violent media content on aggression and aggressive behaviors. CNU Journal of Educational Studies, 35(1),125-146. https://doi.org/10.18612/cnujes.2014.35.1.125
- E. S. Lee & H. S. Kang. (2010). Factors influencing the experiences of sexual violence victims while dating as college students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 16(3), 266-275. DOI: 10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.3.266 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.3.266
- Y. O. Hong. (2015). Effective prevention and countermeasures against dating violence. Korean Institute of Criminology Issue Paper, 9, 5-28.
- Y. O. Hong. (2017). Risk factors for the perpetration adults dating violence. Korean Criminological Review, 28(2), 321-353.
- J. R. Lippman. (2018). I did it because I never stopped loving you: The effects of media portrayals of persistent pursuit on beliefs about stalking. Communication Research, 45(3), 394-421. DOI: 10.1177/0093650215570653 https://doi.org/10.1177/0093650215570653
- H. S. Sim, S. Y. Ahn, & Y. J. Lee. (2018). The convergence effects of nursing organizational culture, workplace bullying, and hospital violence attitude on psychological wellbeing among clinical nurses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(10), 589-597. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.10.589 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.10.589
- N. M. Yang & S. H. Bae. (2017) The relationship between parent attachment and intimate relationship of college students : the mediating effect of rejection sensitivity and sexual autonomy. Journal of Social Science, 56(1), 339-370. DOI: 10.22418/JSS.2017.06.56.1.339 https://doi.org/10.22418/JSS.2017.06.56.1.339
- S. J. Lee & J. S. Ki. (2017). Convergence study on relationship among verbal violence experience, verbal violence impact and burnout in operating room nurses. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 85-96. DOI:10.15207/jkcs.2017.8.6.085 https://doi.org/10.15207/jkcs.2017.8.6.085
- G. H. Jung & M. K. Kang. (2018). The Convergent relationship between dating violence experience, violence tolerance, and social problems solving ability of nursing college students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(2), 33-42. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.033 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.2.033
Supported by : Namseoul University