- Volume 10 Issue 4
The purpose of this study was to review and analyze the history and present of the deaf baseball of Korea and U.S. This study used text analysis method that applies comprehensive analysis of the research paper, newspaper, publications and the data from related associations. This study found followings. First, youth baseball teams need to be vitalized. Second, to maximize the motivation and sense of accomplishment, various tournaments need to be hosted and the support for participating in international tournament is necessary. Third, the interchange between deaf baseball and softball is needed. Fourth, the integration of deaf sport and non-disabled sport is necessary. The results of this study might be used for further researches on deaf baseball.
- I. M. Sung. (2018). Financial News. http://www.fnnews.com/news/201802261945444645
- J. Y. Lee. (2018). Catholic Times. http://www.catholictimes.org/article/article_view.php?aid=197500
- Korea Deaf Baseball and Softball Federation. (2018). Korea Deaf Baseball and Softball Federation. http://www.kodba2007.com
- S. J. Hong. (2008). Hankyoreh News. http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/sports/baseball/314488.html
- Hanwha Eagles. (2018). Hanwha Eagles. http://www.thebiggestvoice.co.kr
- B. McKenna. (2010). Clark Griffith: Baseballs Statesman. North Carolina: Lulu.com.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. (2007). Disability Sport White Book. Seoul: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- O. K. Jang. (2006). Weekly Donga. http://weekly.donga.com/List/3/all/11/78310/1
- Munhwa Ilbo. (2008). Munhwa Ilbo. http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html?no=20080627010728330110060
- Chungju News. (2017). Chungju News. http://www.cjwn.com/32315
- B. R. Lee. (2018). Asia Times. http://www.asiatime.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=198466
- J. M. Cha. (2018). Channel News. http://www.channelnews.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=4953
- S. H. Lee. (2017). Chosun Ilbo. http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/06/04/2017060400073.html
- Deafdigest. (2018). Deafdigest. http://deafdigest.net/deaf-baseball-team-professional-to ur/
- Major League Baseball. (2018). MLB. http://www.mlb.com
- S. Miller. (2010). The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/sports/baseball/25umpire.html
- B. Luke. (2005). Dean of Umpires: A Biography of Bill McGowan. NC: McFarland.
- California School for the Deaf. (2018). CSD. http://csdrathletics.com/hoy2018/
- S. H. Lee. (2014). Jungang Ilbo. https://news.joins.com/article/16704830
- Gallaudet University. (2018). Gallaudet University. https://www.gallaudetathletics.com/
- United States of America Deaf Sports Federation. (2018). USADSF. https://usdeafsports.org
- National Softball Association of the Deaf. (2018). NSAD. http://www.nsad.org/
- Deaf & Hoh. (2018). Deaf & Hoh. http://www.deafandhoh.com/baseball_softball.html
- World Baseball Softball Confederation. (2018). WSBC. http://www.wbsc.org
- J. H. Kim. (2018). Jungang Ilbo. https://news.joins.com/article/22394511
- C. Y. Lee. (2018). Hankyoreh News. http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/sports/sports_general/859169.html#csidxb8ef7bf7225878b9f9895e330e905a8
- J. M. Park. (2017). Hankook Ilbo. http://hankookilbo.com/v/7a300cd452cb4ec98b6eb56ae064 bc0a
Supported by : Daegu University