- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Examination of the characteristics of the field test to evaluate the cardiovascular endurance of soccer players
축구선수의 현장 심폐지구력 테스트로서의 Shuttle run과 Yo-Yo intermittent recovery test의 특성 비교
- Received : 2019.01.09
- Accepted : 2019.04.20
- Published : 2019.04.28
The purpose of this study was to propose an effective field test for assessing the cardiovascular endurance of soccer players by comparing the shuttle run test and the Yo-Yo intermittent recovery test (Yo-Yo test), which are representative of the aerobic exercise performance test, with the VO2max and other sprint tests. The shuttle run test requires the subject to run continuously without a break interval, while the Yo-Yo test has a break interval, so that they run with the recovery period. Therefore, the Yo-Yo test can be used as an effective field test for evaluating the cardiopulmonary function considering the characteristics of the soccer players of intermittent training.
Shuttle run test;Yo-Yo intermittent recovery test;Soccer players;Characteristics
- H. Tak, S. Kim, & Y. Kim (2015). Effects of plyometric training on physical fitness and IGF-I of soccer player. The Korea Journal of Sports Science, 24(5), 1153-1163.
- N. Kim, & K. Kim (2017). Effects of Hydrogen Water Consumption on Physical Performance among Adult Soccer Players. Journal of Coaching Development, 19(1), 48-56.
- S. Lee, Y. Jin, E. Park, & J. Chung(2009). Effect of intermittent power training during in-season on physical fitness and anaerobic power in soccer players. The Korean journal of physical education, 48(1), 489-497.
- K. Kim, C. Chung, & H. Kang, Physical Fitness of Collegiate Soccer Athletes and Prediction of Performance Abilities. The Korean Journal of Sport, 2013. 11(3), 67-74.
- K. Kim, N. Ahn, C. Hong, J. Ko, S. Lee & J. Park (2012). Improvement Program of Physical Fitness and Physiological Analysis according to Position in Professional Soccer Players. Journal of Coaching Development, 14(1), 125-133.
- W. Nho, S. Jin, & W. Kim. (2014). Research on the relationship between evaluation of cardiorespiratory function and shuttle run test. Teachers and Education, 32, 15.
- K. Kim(1997). Field Test for the Evaluation of Aerobic and Anaerobic Performance in Middle Distance Runners. The Korean journal of physical education, 36(4), 224-238.
- L. Leger, & J. Lambert (1982). A maximal multistage 20-m shuttle run test to predict VO2 max. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, 49(1), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00428958
- Y. Yoo (2011). Limits of Agreement among Maximal Oxygen Uptake, Shuttle Run Test,and Cooper's 12-minute Run. The Korean Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sports Science, 13(2), 95-104.
- J. Bangsbo (1994). The physiology of soccer--with special reference to intense intermittent exercise. Acta Physiol Scand Suppl., 619, 1-155.
- L. Leger & C. Gadoury (1989). Validity of the 20 m shuttle run test with 1 min stages to predict VO2max in adults. Canadian journal of sport sciences. Journal canadien des sciences du sport, 14(1), 21-26
- J. Bangsbo, F.M. Iaia, & P. Krustrup (2008). The Yo-Yo intermittent recovery test : a useful tool for evaluation of physical performance in intermittent sports. Sports Med, 38(1), 37-51. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-200838010-00004
- P. Krustrup, M. Mohr, T. Amstrup, T. Rysgaard, J. Johansen, A. Steensberg, P. Pedersen & J. Bangsbo (2003). The yo-yo intermittent recovery test: physiological response, reliability, and validity. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 35(4), 697-705. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000058441.94520.32
- T. Olds, G. Tomkinson, L. Leger & G. Cazorla (2006). Worldwide variation in the performance of children and adolescents: an analysis of 109 studies of the 20-m shuttle run test in 37 countries. Journal of sports sciences, 24(10), 1025-1038. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410500432193
- J. R. Ruiz, G. Silva, N. Iliveira, J. C. Ribeiro, J. F. Oliveira & J. Mota (2009). Criterion-related validity of the 20-m shuttle run test in youths aged 13-19 years.(Report). Journal of Sports Sciences, 27(9), 899-906. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410902902835
- A. Matsuzaka, Y. Takahashi, M. Yamazoe, & Kumakura (2004). Validity of the Multistage 20-M Shuttle-Run Test for Japanese Children, Adolescents, and Adults. Human Kinetics Journals, 16(2), 113-125.
- S. Lee (2006). Comparative Analysis of Physical fitness for Korean Professional soccer player. The Research Journal of Korean Sports, 17(6), 695.
- J. Jang (2010). Effects on Cardiopulmonary Function, Exercise Intensity and Moving Distance During Games by Different Player Positions in Soccer. Korean Journal of Sport Science, 21(3), 1289-1297. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2010.21.3.1289