- Volume 10 Issue 4
This thesis aimed to apply the 3D-printing technology rapidly introduced to the overall industry to jewelry design. In the results of examining preceding researches, out of 3D-printing methods, the FMD method was used the most in design area. However, for jewelry design, the 3D-printing is used for casting process out of production processes, so that the printing method is not FMD, but DLP. Thus, the researcher examined the material functions and applicability of jewelry design through research works, by applying the 3D-printing in DLP method to jewelry design. In the results, brooches were completed by applying the 3D-printing to the jewelry design with no casting process, and then utilizing enamel and pure silver together. Producing light and solid completed products in various colors, they were verified as applicable materials. Also, as the size and form of curved design mainly used for non-geometric jewelry design could be accurately predicted through Rhino CAD, diverse possibilities of advancement to be easily used for the development of formative form of jewelry design in the future were revealed.
3D Printing;Jewelry;Rhion CAD;Design;Material fusion;Digital Light Processing
- Wikipedia. ko.wikipedia.org, https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/3%EC%B0%A8%EC%9B%90_%EC%9D%B8%EC%87%84
- S. H. Yi & K. Y. Joo. (2018). A Convergence Study on the Effects of Participation in teaching material Development Program Using 3D Printer on the Recognition of Universal Design of Early Childhood Special Education Pre-service Teachers. Journal of The Korea Convergence, 9(5), 113-119. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.113 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.113
- IPNomics. (Jun 2, 2014). Rolls-Royce Creates Automotive Engine With 3D Printer, Electronic newspaper, http://www.etnews.com/20140602000052
- M. J. Lee. (2013). A Study on Game Production Education through Recent Trend Analysis of 3D Game Engine, Journal of The Korea Convergence, 4(1), 15-20, DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.1.015 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.1.015
- S. H. Y &, K. Y. Joo. (2018). A Convergence Study on the Effects of Participation in teaching material Development Program Using 3D Printeron the Recognition of Universal Design of Early Childhood Special Education Pre-service Teachers, Journal of The Korea Convergence Society , 9(9), 1-8. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.9.001 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.9.001
- H. C. Kim. (2015). A Study on the socio-economic impact of 3D Printing. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(7), 23-31. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.23 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.23
- I. H. Ahn. (2018). Estimation of Process Window for the Determination of the Optimal Process Parameters in FDM Process. Journal of The Korea Convergence, 9(8), 171-177. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.8.171 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.8.171
- K. H. Ryu & J. H. Seo. (2017). Utilization of 3D CAD and 3D Printer and UV Curavle resin Casting Defect, Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, 8(3), 169-176. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.169 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.169
- Y. Lee & S. Lee. (2016). Infinite Imagination 3D Printing Guidebook for Creative Talent Development. Seoul, Mekapia.
- G. Kim. (2014). 3D Printing Industry : Technology, Market and Opportunity. Korean Management Consulting Review, 14(1), 265-285
- Y. S. Shin. (2017). 3D printer applications for prosthetic production in special effect make up, Master dissertation. Sungsin Women's Univercity, Seoul.
- J. H. Choi. (2018). Study of bio plastic handbag design using 3D printing : Focusing on the application of surface shape inside the Antelope Canyon, Master dissertation. Ewha Womans University. Seoul.
- J. S. Kim. (2016). Study on Jewelry Design using the formative characteristics of OpArt -Focusing on 3D Printing Technique. Master dissertation, Seokteong University, Seoul.
- S. Y. LEE. (2016). A study on Naturalistic Pattern Costume Design Utilizing 3D printing, Master dissertation. Hong-ik university, Seoul.
- S. W. Nam. (2009). RHINOCEROS 3D BIBLE for Jewelry Designer, Taehagwon, Seoul.
- XYZ Printing, https://www.xyzprinting.com/ko-KR/home