- Volume 10 Issue 4
The purpose of this study is to analyze the 'Modern Architecture Space' represented in Korean melodrama films of the late 1950s. It is assumed that popular films reflect the residential culture, architectural spaces and human activities of those days. For the analysis, a pool of 5 Korean melodramas of the late 1950s was constructed. In these melodramas, the modern architectural spaces were represented as the following: 1) The modern-style residential spaces were emphasized to reflect the interest and longing of the public for western lifestyle. 2) The western non-residential spaces such as work spaces and commercial spaces were emphasized, especially its interior design of western image.
- M. H. Kim. (2006). History of Korean Films. Communication Books, Inc., 39.
- KOFA. (2003). Traces of Korean Cinema from 1945 to 1959. Munhaksasangsa, 216.
- J. Steven. (2007). The Wrong House: The Architecture of Alfred Hitchcock. 010 Publishers, 10.
- J. H. Jeong. (2017). Movie Paradise 2017 09+10 Vol.57. Korean Film Archive, 51.
- W. S. Park. (2014). 2014 Seoul Photo Festival. Seoul Metropolitan Government, 9-14.
- Y. H. Park. (2017). Movie Paradise 2017 09+10 Vol.57. Korean Film Archive, 22.
- Y. H. Park. (2013). Shin Sang-ok's Melodramas from the 1950s. Korean Film Archive, 10-11.
- Y. H. Park. (2013). Shin Sang-ok's Melodramas from the 1950s. Korean Film Archive, 14.
- G. J. Moon. (2018). The Scenery of the Urban Residence Represented in Korean Films of the Liberation Period. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(4), 119-125. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.4.119 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.4.119
- E. T. Jeong, K. H. Jung, H. J. Song. (2016). A study of Convergence Relationship between Post-Modern aspects and storytelling from Imaging Content Production. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(6), 177-184. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.177 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.177
- G. J. Moon. (2016). The Use of Urban.Architectural Elements Represented in Korean Films of 1950s. Design Convergence Study, 15(4), 105.
- G. J. Moon. (2017). The Scenery of the Modern City Represented in Korean Films of 1930.40s. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(4), 159-165. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.159 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.159
- S. M. An. (2015). Study on the Convergence between Spatial Design Education and On.Offline Communication Methods. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(5), 317-327. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.317 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.317
- G. J. Moon. (2017). The Convergence Study of the Cinematic Gaze Represented in Seojong MA-Residence. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(9), 293-300. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.293 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.293
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea