- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Convergent relationship between oral health knowledge, oral health behavior, oral health literacy in Some Foreign Women
일부 외국인 여성의 구강보건지식, 구강보건행태, 구강건강문해력의 융합적 관계
Jang, Sun-Ju;Park, Young-Nam
- Received : 2018.12.26
- Accepted : 2019.04.20
- Published : 2019.04.28
This study aims to measure the oral health literacy of foreign women and to find out the association between oral health knowledge, oral health behavior and oral health literacy. The subjects of the study were surveyed by 248 foreign women in some areas of Gyeongbuk from June 2018 to September 2018. The results of the study showed that the verbal oral health literacy was significantly different in age, education level, and korean residence period, and functional oral health literacy in marriage, education level, and length of residence in korea. In order to promote oral health literacy of foreign women, an effective oral health program has been developed to change oral health knowledge and oral health behavior
Oral Health Behavior;Oral Health Knowledge;Oral Health Literacy;Convergence;Foreign Women
- H. J. Ju, H. S. Lee & H. W. Oh. (2015). Relationship of oral health literacy withoral health behaviors among adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 39(3), 187-195.
- S. H. Shin. (2011). The Oral Health Behaviors and Knowledges of some Foreign Workers. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 35(4), 474-485.
- H. J. Ju, H. W. Oh & J. Y. Kim (2012). A cross-sectional Study on Oral Health Literacy and its Influencing Factors among Adults: I. Verbal Oral Health Literacy. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 36(2), 87-95.
- S. I. Kim, H. K. Par, J. N. Song, S. Y. Ko & H. J. Kim.(2017). A Study on Oral Health Literacy and Oral Health Behavior among Adults. The Journal of Korean Society for School & Community Health Education, 18(3), 69-82.
- H. K. Kim, J. H. Jeong & H. J. Noh. (2016). Oral health literacy among foreign residents in South Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 16(6), 879-891. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.06.879
- M. Gironda, C. Der-Martirosian, J. Holtzman & K. Atchison. (2013). A brief 20-item dental/medical health literacy screen (REALMD-20). Journal of the Public Health Dentistry 73, 50-55. https://doi.org/10.1111/jphd.12005
- W. F. Vann, J. Y. Lee, D. Baker & K. Divaris. (2010). Oral health literacy among female caregivers: impact on oral health outcomes in early childhood. Journal of Dental Research, 89, 1395-1400. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022034510379601
- S. J. Jang. (2016). Convergent relationship between functional oral health literacy, oral health knowledge and oral health behavior of some university students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(2), 69-75. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.069
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety. (2018). 2018 Statisical Yearbook. http://www.mois.go.kr
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute. (2016). 2016 health industry statistics http://www.khidi.or.kr.
- B. S. Lee, I. K. Oh & E. M. Lee. (2011). Foreign Residents Experience of Korean Health Care Services, Journal of Korean Academy of nursing administration, 17(2), 226-237. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.226
- S. J. Kim. (2015). The Conception and Factors that Affect the Utilization of Health Care Services among Foreign Migrant Workers in Korea. Studies of Multicultural Contents, 18, 255-297.
- I. S. Nam. K. S. Lee & E. J. Jang. (2015) Related Factors to Dental Care Utilization and Oral Health Status in Immigrant Workers in Korea. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 5(1), 19-29.
- E. J. Namkoong. E. Y. Park. S. H. Jung & D. S, Ma (2016). Oral Health Literacy of Mothers Belonging to Multi-cultural Fmilies in Gangneung City: a case study. Journal of Korea Academy oral health, 40(2), 71-78. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2016.40.2.71
- H. J. Ju, H. S. Lee & H. W. Oh (2015). Relationship of Oral Health Literacy with Oral Health Behaviors among Adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 39(3), 187-195.
- J. H, Schiavo. (2011). Oral Health Literacy in the Dental Office:The Unrecognized Patient Risk Factor. The Journal of Dental Hygiene, 85(4), pp. 248-255.
- H. M. Wong. S. M. Bridges C. K. Y. Yin. C. P. J. McGrath. T. K. Au & D. S. Parthasarathy. (2012). Development and Validation of Hong Kong Rapid Estimate of Adult Literacy in Dentistry. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 3, 1-0.
- S. Y. Yon & E. S. Lee. (2017). Convergence research on Tooth Brushing Behavior and Oral Health Status of University Students and Foreign Students in Some areas. Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, 8(3), 71-78. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.071
- S. Y. Yon & I. S. Nam. (2015). Oral Health Impact Profile(OHIP) according to the Oral Health Behavior of Foreign Workers. Journal of Korean society of Dental Hygiene, 15(3), 451-459. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.451
Supported by : Gimcheon University