- Volume 10 Issue 4
Neural networks have been used to predict the direction of stock index movement from past data. The conventional research that predicts the upward or downward movement of the stock index predicts a rise or fall even with small changes in the index. It is highly likely that losses will occur when trading ETFs by use of the prediction. In this paper, a neural network model that predicts the movement direction of the daily KOrea composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) to reduce ETF trading losses and earn more than a certain amount per trading is presented. The proposed model has outputs that represent rising (change rate in index
Convergence;Stock Movement Direction Prediction;Neural Network;ETF Trading;Pattern Classification;KOSPI
- W. Huang, Y. Nakamori & S. Y. Wang. (2005). Forecasting Stock Market Movement Direction with Support Vector Machine, Computers & Operations Research, 32(10), 2513-2522. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2004.03.016
- R. C. Cavalcante, R. C. Brasileiro, V. L. F. Souza, J. P. Nobrega & A. L. I. Oliveira. (2016). Computational Intelligence and Financial Markets: A Survey and Future Directions," Expert Systems with Applications, 55, 194-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2016.02.006
- H. Amin, H. M. Moein & E. Morteza. (2016). Stock market index prediction using artificial neural network, Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science. 10.1016/j.jefas.2016.07.002. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jefas.2016.07.002
- Heesoo Hwang. (2018). Daily Stock Price Forecasting Using Deep Neural Network Model, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(6), 39-44. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.6.039
- Heesoo Hwang. (2019). ETF Trading Based on Daily KOSPI Forecasting Using Neural Networks, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(1), 7-12.
- L. D. Persio & O. Honcha. (2017). Recurrent Neural Networks Approach to The Financial Forecast of Google Assets, Int. J. of Mathetics and Computers in Simulation, 11, 7-13.
- X. Ding X, Y. Zhang, T. Liu & J. Duan. (2015). Deep Learning for Event-driven Stock Prediction, Proc. of the 24th Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, 2327-2333.
- Qiu M, Song Y (2016) Predicting the Direction of Stock Market Index Movement Using an Optimized Artificial Neural Network Model. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0155133 https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0155133
- T. Chandima & M. Sidney, M.. Musa & H. Cameron. (2007). Predicting stock market index trading signals using neural networks. Pro. of the 14th Annual Global Finance Conference (GFC'07), 171-179.
- Rasika Yatigammana, et. al, (2018). Modelling and Forecasting Stock Price Movements with Serially Dependent Determinants, Risks, 6(52), doi:10.3390/risks6020052 https://doi.org/10.3390/risks6020052
- Y. Jiao & J. Jakubowicz. (2017). Predicting Stock Movement Direction with Machine Learning: An Extensive Study on S&P 500 Stocks, DOI: 10.1109/BigData.2017.8258518 https://doi.org/10.1109/BigData.2017.8258518
- Seunghee Koh. (2016). A Converging Approach on Investment Strategies, Past Financial Information, and Investors' Behavioral Bias in the Korean Stock Market, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(6), 205-212. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.205
- L. J. Kyung-Soo & M. Boris. (2017). Forecasting ETFs with Machine Learning Algorithms. http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2899520. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2899520
- K. H. Lee & G. S. Jo. (1999). Expert System for Predicting Stock Market Timing Using A Candlestick Chart, Expert System With Applications, 16, 357-364. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0957-4174(99)00011-1
- L. C. H. Leon, A. Liu & W. S. Chen. (2006). Pattern Discovery of Fuzzy Time Series for Financial Prediction, IEEE Trans. Knowledge and Data Engineering, 18(5), 613-625. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2006.80
- M. F. Moller. (1993). A Scaled Conjugate Gradient Algorithm for Fast Supervised Learning, Neural Networks, 6, 525-533. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0893-6080(05)80056-5