- Volume 20 Issue 4
Identification of Steganographic Methods Using a Hierarchical CNN Structure
계층적 CNN 구조를 이용한 스테가노그래피 식별
- Kang, Sanghoon (Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Hanhoon (Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Jong-Il (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Sanhae (Agency of Defense Development)
- Received : 2019.12.09
- Accepted : 2019.12.30
- Published : 2019.12.31
Steganalysis is a technique that aims to detect and recover data hidden by steganography. Steganalytic methods detect hidden data by analyzing visual and statistical distortions caused during data embedding. However, for recovering the hidden data, they need to know which steganographic methods the hidden data has been embedded by. Therefore, we propose a hierarchical convolutional neural network (CNN) structure that identifies a steganographic method applied to an input image through multi-level classification. We trained four base CNNs (each is a binary classifier that determines whether or not a steganographic method has been applied to an input image or which of two different steganographic methods has been applied to an input image) and connected them hierarchically. Experimental results demonstrate that the proposed hierarchical CNN structure can identify four different steganographic methods (LSB, PVD, WOW, and UNIWARD) with an accuracy of 79%.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- G. Xu and H. Wu, "Structure design of convolution neural networks for steganalysis," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 708-712, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/LSP.2016.2548421
- J. Fridrich and J. Kodovsky, "Rich models for steganalysis of digital images," IEEE Trans. Inf. Foren. Security, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 868-882, Jun. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIFS.2012.2190402
- V. Holub and J. Fridrich, "Designing steganographic distortion using directional filters," IEEE Workshop on Information Forensic and Security, 2012.
- V. Holub, J. Fridrich, and T. Denemark, "Universal distortion function for steganography in an arbitrary domain," EURASIP J. on Information Security, 2014.
- C. Chan and L. Cheng, "Hiding data in images by simple LSB substitution," Pattern Recognition, 37(3), 469-474, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2003.08.007
- D. Wu and W. Tsai, "A steganographic method for images by pixel-value differencing," Pattern Recognition, 24, 1613, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-8655(02)00402-6
- S. Kang, H. Park, and J.-I. Park, "CNN-based ternary classification for image steganalysis," Electronics, vol. 8, no. 11, 1225, 2019. https://doi.org/10.3390/electronics8111225
- P. Bas, T. Filler, and T. Pevny, "Break our steganographic system - the ins and outs of organizing BOSS," International Workshop on Information Hiding, pp. 59-70, 2011.