- Volume 20 Issue 4
A Study on Underwater Camera Image Correction for Ship Bottom Inspection Using Underwater Drone
수중드론을 활용한 선박 선저검사용 수중 카메라 영상보정에 대한 연구
- Ha, Yeon-chul (The Korea Ship and Offshore Research Institute, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Junmo (School of Electronic and Biomedical Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2019.12.03
- Accepted : 2019.12.27
- Published : 2019.12.31
In general, many marine organisms are attached to the bottom of a ship in operation or a ship in construction. Due to this phenomenon, the roughness of the ship surface increases, resulting in loss of ship speed, resulting in economic losses and environmental pollution. This study acquires / utilizes camera images attached to ship's bottom and underwater drones to check the condition of bottom. The acquired image will determine the roughness according to marine life by the administrator's visual confirmation. Therefore, by applying a filter algorithm to correct the image to the original image can help in the correct determination of whether or not attached to marine life. Various correction filters are required for the underwater image correction algorithm, and the lighting suitable for the dark underwater environment has a great influence on the judgment. The results of the research test according to the calibration algorithm and the roughness of each algorithm are considered to be applicable to many fields.
Grant : ICT/SW 융합 환경에서의 선박 검사 및 보수용 수중드론 개발
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- Yong Sun Kim, Duk Oon Lee, and Jong Beom Ra, "Subjective Quality Enhancement in 2D B-mode Ultrasound Images", Proceedings of the 17th Workshop on Image Processing and Understanding, 2005 (in Korean).
- N. Limare, J.L. Lisani, J.M. Morel, A.B. Petro, and C. Sbert, "Simplest Color Balance", Image Processing On Line, 2011.
- G. Bianco, M. Muzzupappa, F. Bruno, R. Garcia, and L. Neumann, "A New Color Correction Method for Underwater Imaging", The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Vol XL-5/W5, 2015.
- Kim Han Bo ram, "Implementation and Per formance Comparison of Automatic White Correction Algorithm", Master's Thesis, Chungnam National University, 2012 (in Korean).
- Seo Yun Su, "Design and Implementation of Underwater Diffuse Compensation System for Digital Image Processing Kiba," Master's Thesis, Incheon University, 2013 (in Korean).
- Lee Hyun Suk, "A Study on Real-World Pho tography of Underwater Photography", Master's Thesis, Kyungsung University, 2000 (in Korean).
- Wikipedia, https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/최대_신호_대_잡음비