- Volume 20 Issue 4
Performance Comparison of Space Time block coded Frequency Domain Equalization transmission Scheme in Underwater Acoustic Communication Channel
수중음향 통신채널 환경에서 시공간 블록부호를 적용한 주파수영역 등화기법의 성능평가
- Hwang, Hoseon (LIGNex1 co., Ltd) ;
- Lee, Seokwoo (LIGNex1 co., Ltd) ;
- Kang, Yeongsik (LIGNex1 co., Ltd) ;
- Choi, Jaehoon (LIGNex1 co., Ltd)
- Received : 2019.09.25
- Accepted : 2019.12.12
- Published : 2019.12.31
In this paper, we propose and evaluate a FDE combined with STBC transmission structure to cancellation of ISI in underwater acoustic communication. To achieve this purpose, underwater acoustic channels are modeled and the simulation results are presented. In case of STBC-FDE, the transmission rate is less about 4% than STBC-OFDM, but the SER performance is better than STBC-OFDM that is larger from 4.4% to 16.8% at the SNR of 15dB than STBC-OFDM.
- M.Stojanovic and J.Preisig, "Underwater acoustic communication channels : Propagation models and statistical characterization," IEEE Commun. Magazine, vol.47, no.1, 84-89, Jan. (2009).
- D.Falconer, "Frequency domain equalization for single-carrier broadband wireless systems," IEEE Commun. Mag,. vol.40, no.4, 58-66, Arp. (2002).
- S. M Alamouti, "A simple transmit diversity technique for wireless communications," in IEEE J. Select. Area Commun,. vol.16, Oct., 1998, pp.1451-1458. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.730453
- R.L.Frank and S.A.Zadoff, "Phase shift codes with good periodic correlation properties," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, 381-382, Oct. (1962).
- D.C.Chu, "Polyphase codes with good periodic correlation properties," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, 531-532, July (1972).
- P.Qarabaqi, M.Stojanovic, "Statistical Characterization and Computationally Efficient Modeling of a Class of Underwater Acoustic Communication Channels," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol.38, no.4, 701-717, Oct.(2013) https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2013.2278787
- H.S.Hwang, K.T.Park, J.H.Joo, K.C.Shin"A Study on Performance of Symbol Error Rate for Frequency Domain Equalization," Journal of Korea Institute of Signal Processing and Systems. vol.18, No.2, 37-42, Dec.(2017)