- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Fragility Evaluation of Chimney Structure in Power Plant by Finite Element Analysis
유한요소 해석을 통한 발전소 연돌 구조물의 지진취약도 분석
Kwon, Gyu-Bin;Kim, Jin-Sup;Kwon, Min-Ho;Park, Kwan-Soo
- Received : 2019.01.08
- Accepted : 2019.03.06
- Published : 2019.03.31
Seismic research on bridges, dams and nuclear power plants, which are infrastructure in Korea, has been carried out since early on, but in the case of structures in thermal power plants, research is insufficient. In this study, a total of 192 dynamic analyzes were performed for 16 actual seismic waves and 12 PGAs. As a result, the probability of failure increased as the PGA value increased for each applied seismic wave, but it was different for each seismic wave. As a result, at 0.22G, the ratio of the compressive limit reached to the limit state was 25% and the ratio of the relative displacement reached the limit state was 13%. So, the probability of collapse due to compressive failure Is higher. Therefore, the fragility curve of the chimney which is the subject of this study can be used as a quantitative basis to determine the limit state of the target structure when an earthquake occurs and to be used for the safety design of the thermal power plants.
Chimney;Fragility Curve;PGA;Seismic Waves;Thermal Power Plants
- W. J. Kim, M. H. Kwon, J. S. Kim, J. H. Lim, H. S. Seo, "Seismic Fragility Evaluation for Weir by Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis", J. Korean Soc. Adv. Comp. Struc. Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 33-40, June 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11004/kosacs.2017.8.2.033 https://doi.org/10.11004/kosacs.2017.8.2.033
- Y. S. Kim, "Status of domestic and overseas earthquakes and safety evaluation of domestic nuclear power plants" Nuclear industry, Vol.15, No.7, pp. 56-59, 1995.
- J. H. So, Y. S., Kim, Y. G, "Evaluation of the Seismic Safely of Concrete Gravity Dams." Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 33-41, 2002. https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2002.6.1.033
- Y. G. Kim, "Seismic Safety Evaluation of Concrete Gravity Dams Considering Dynamic Fluid Pressure." Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 120-132, 2006.
- Dassault System Simulia Corp., pp. 1.1.1-39.1.1., Abaqus Analysis User's Manual. Version 6.11. ABAQUS, 2011.
- J. Y. Moon, "Seismic Fragility Evaluation of Cabinet Panel by 3D Dynamic Nonlinear Analysis", Master Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Gyeongsang National University, pp. 65-69, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.2.50
- W. J. Kim, "Seismic Fragility Analysis of Multi-Functional Weirs by Three-Dimensional Nonlinear Analysis", Master Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Gyeongsang National University, pp. 45-53, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11004/kosacs.2017.8.2.033
- Ministry of Land, Imfrastructure and Transport(MOLIT), p.5-11-5-21, "Korean Highway Bridge Design Code(Limit State Design).", 2012.
- D. K. Kim, H. Y. Seo, J. H. Yi, G. Y. Jung., S. H. Kim,"Fragility Analysis of Seismic Isolated Extradosed Bridges", KSCE CONVENTION, p670-675, 2004.
- I. R. Youn, Y. G. Kwon, "Damage Assessment and Establishment of Damage Index for Reinforced Concrete Colum", KSIA, 10th-3rd, p237, 2006.
- B. G. Nielson, "Seismic fragility methodology for highway bridges using a component level approach." Earthquake engineering & structural dynamics, Vol. 36, No. 6, pp. 823-839, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/eqe.655 https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.655
- Ministry of Land, Imfrastructure and Transport(MOLIT), p. 81-85, "KBC 2016", 2016.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)