- Volume 50 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Case Study on Reading Promotion Projects Led by the Korean Education Office Focused on the Project of 'Ulsan Studnets' Reading Day~
교육청 주도의 독서진흥사업에 대한 사례연구 - '울산학생 책읽는데이~' 사업을 중심으로 -
- Received : 2019.02.19
- Accepted : 2019.03.10
- Published : 2019.03.30
The study aims to explore 'reading promotion projects' led by the Korean Education Office and to ponder meaning of the projects, and then to propose the future directions for the projects. To achieve the purpose, the study selected to analyze a reading promotion project called as "Ulsan Students' Reading Day~" by Ulsan MetropolitanCity Office of Education as a case and sample for the study. The study was designed to use two research methods and phases to explore the project in detail: documentary research and survey method. First, the study collected and analyzed the literatures and contents related to the projects but focused on examining progresses of the project such as situations from the introduction stage to the settlement stage. Second, the study conducted survey to collect data from teachers and students who have experienced the project in elementary, middle and high schools. The detailed contents of questionnaires contain current states of the project in each school, assessment of the project, and requirements for the project. The study found that the project resulted in positive influence to students' reading skills and education. In spite of these positive results, it is necessary to develop altenatives to solve some limts in the current states of the project. Reading promotion projects, in long run, need to have profeissional staffs with responsbility for managing the projects, to improve environments for reading promotion, and to encourage students' voluntary participation to the projects.
Supported by : 한국교육개발원, 울산교육청
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. 2012. A Study on the diagnosis of the actual condition and the activation plan of students reading. Seoul: Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
- The National Library for Children & Young Adults. 2010. A Study for the Promotion of Reading Culture for Children & Young Adults. Seoul: The National Library for Children & Young Adults.
- Kwon, Eun Kyung. 2012. "Reading Education at School Libraries: New Considerations Based on the Analysis of Students' Attitudes Toward Reading and their Reading Achievements." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 43(4): 249-269. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.43.4.201212.249
- Kil, Ho Hyun. 2016. "Study of the application of the authenticity in the reading assessment." Journal of reading research, 38: 97-129.
- Kim, Kyung JA. 2016. "A Study on the Direction and Prospect for the 2015 revised curriculum, which will be gradually introduced from next year." Education Development, 198: 28-34.
- Kim, Jong Sung. 2006. "A Study on Reading Behavior and Culture of Children and Young Adult -With Special Reference to Daegu-." The Journal of Humanities, 11(2): 235-263.
- Kim, Hye Sook and Bea, Sun Geun. 2007. "Performance Measurement Oriented Educational Policy Evaluation: Focused on 'ICT in Education' Policy." Asian Journal of Education, 8(2): 67-89. https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2007.8.2.003
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2007. 2007 Annual Report of Reading Promotion. Seoul: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- Park, Ju Hyeon and Lee, Myoun Ggyu. 2015. "A Study on the Development of a Model for Attitude toward Reading." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 46(4): 271-297. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.46.201512.271
- Byun, Woo Yeoul. 2012. "A Development of the Contents for the Reading Attitude Survey Questionnaire through the Analysis of Reading Attitude Models." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 43(4): 139-159. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.43.4.201212.139
- Seo, Su Hyun and Chung, Hye Seung. 2012. "The Aspects of Middle School Students' Reading Attitude." Journal of Reading Research, 27: 258-283.
- Lee, Seong Young. 2014. "The goals and means of reading policies." Journal of Reading Research, 32: 213-243.
- Lee, Yeon Ok. 2011. "Elementary Students' Attitudes Toward Reading." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 42(3): 293-309. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.42.3.201109.293
- Lee, Jae Whoan. 2012. "Progress and Problems in Korean Academic Library Policies." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 43(4): 317-346.
- Lee, Jae Whoan. 2016. "Progress and Problems in Korean Public Library Policies." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 47(1): 21-46. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.47.201603.21
- Lim, Yeo Joo and Chung, Yeon Kyoung. 2014. "A Study of Identifying Areas to Measure the Effectiveness of Public Library Reading Programs for Children." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 48(2): 89-107. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2014.48.2.089
- Jeong, Dae Keun and Hong, Hyun Jin. 2014. "A Study on the Factors Influencing Adolescent' Reading Effectiveness." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 45(3): 271-295.
- Athey. 1985. "Reading research in the affective domain." Singer and Ruddell, Theoretical models and processes of reading, 3rd. ed. International Reading Association, 527-557.
- Beck, Michael. 1977. "What are pupil's attitude toward the school curriculum?" Elementary School Journal, 78: 73-78. https://doi.org/10.1086/461086
- Busse, Gisela von. 1999. Das Bibliothekswesen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland. ein Handbuch. 3., vollig neu bearb. Aufl. Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz.
- Mckenna, M. C., & Dennis J. K. 1990. "Measuring attitude toward reading: A new tool for teachers." The Reading Teacher, 43(9): 626-639. https://doi.org/10.1598/RT.43.8.3
- Mckenna, M. C. 1994. "Toward a Model of Reading Attitude Acquisition." In: E. H. Cramer and M. Castle.(eds), Fostering the Love of Reading: The Affective Domain in Reading Education. New Jersey: International Reading Association.
- McKenna, M. C., Kear D. J., & Ellsworth, R. 1995. "Children Attitude Toward Reading: A National Survey." Reading Research Quarterly, 30(4): 934-956. https://doi.org/10.2307/748205
- Walberg, & Tsai. 1985. "Correlates of reading achievement and attitude : A national assessment study." Journal of Educational Research, 78: 9-167.