- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Recovery of Nickel from Waste Iron-Nickel Alloy Etchant and Fabrication of Nickel Powder
에칭 폐액으로부터 용매추출과 가수분해를 이용한 니켈분말제조에 관한 연구
Lee, Seokhwan;Chae, Byungman;Lee, Sangwoo;Lee, Seunghwan
- Received : 2018.10.08
- Accepted : 2018.12.12
- Published : 2019.03.30
In general after the etching process, waste etching solution contains metals. (ex. Nickel (Ni), Chromium (Cr), Zinc (Zn), etc.) In this work, we proposed a recycling process for waste etching solution and refining from waste liquid contained nickel to make nickel metal nano powder. At first, the neutralization agent was experimentally selected through the hydrolysis of impurities such as iron by adjusting the pH. We selected sodium hydroxide solution as a neutralizing agent, and removed impurities such as iron by pH = 4. And then, metal ions (ex. Manganese (Mn) and Zinc (Zn), etc.) remain as impurities were refined by D2EHPA (Di-(2-ethylhexyl) phosphoric acid). The nickel powders were synthesized by liquid phase reduction method with hydrazine (
Iron (III) chloride;Recovery;Solvent extraction;Nano powder
- Lee, H. M., Park, M., Park, G. H., and Park, C., "Wet Etching of Stainless Steel Foil by Aqueous Ferric Chloride Solution," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 50(2), 211-216 (2012). https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2012.50.2.211
- Allen, D. M., and Heather, J. A. A., "Characterisation of Aqueous Ferric Chloride Etchants used in Industrial Photochemical Machining," J. Mater Process Technol., 149(1-3), 238-245 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2004.02.044
Lee, H. Y., Ahn, E., Park, C., and Tak, Y., "Regeneration of Waste Ferric Chloride Etchant Using HCl and
$H_2O_2$," Appl. Chem. Eng., 24(1), 67-71 (2013).
- Kim, D. W., Park, I., Kim, G. H., Lee, S. W., and Choi, H. L., "A Study on the Oxidation for Regeneration of Ferric Chloride Etching Solution," J. Korean Inst. Resour. Recycl., 26(2), 18-24 (2017).
- Kim, D. W., Park, I., Kim, G. H., Chae, B. M., Lee, S. W., Choi, H. L., and Jung, H. C., "Oxidation Process for the Etching Solution Regeneration of Ferric Chloride Using Liquid and Solid Oxidizing Agent," Clean Technol., 23(2), 158-162 (2017).
- Park, I. J., Kim D. W., Kim, G. H., Chae, B. M., Lee, S. W., and Jung, H. C., "The Optimization of Solvent Extraction Process of Iron Chloride Etching Waste Solution," Clean Technol., 23(3), 279-285 (2017).
- Chae, B. M., Hwang, S. O., Lee, S. H., Kim D. H., Lee, S. W., Kim, D. W., and Choi, H. L., "A Study on the Preparation of High Purity Nickel Carbonate Powders in Solvent Extraction Processing Solution from Waste Iron-Nickel Alloy Etchant," J. Korean Crystal Growth and Crystal Technol., 27(6), 303-308 (2017).
- Chae, B. M., Kim, D. W., Hwang, S. O., Lee, S. H., and Kim, D. H., "Recovery of Iron-Nickel Alloy Etching Waste Solution in Pilot Scale," Clean Technol., 23(4), 393-400 (2017).
- Yun, D. S., Lee, G. S., and Park, J. H., "Studies on the Ferric Chloride Etching of Shadow Masks," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 38(3), 393-393 (2000).
Lee, M. S., and Kim, M. S., "Recovery of Nickel Metal from the Spent
$FeCl_3$Etching Solution by Solvent Extraction and Chemical Reduction," J. Korean Inst. Resour. Recycl., 14(3), 48-54 (2005).
- Park, J. W., Chae, E. H., Kim, S. H., Lee, J. H., Kim, J. W., Yoon, S. M., and Choi, J. Y., "Preparation of Fine Ni Powders from Nickel Hydrazine Complex," Mater Chem. Phys., 97(2-3), 371-378 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchemphys.2005.08.028
- Hwang, S. O., Chae, B. M., Kim D. H., Park, K. S., Go, A. R., and Lee, S. W., "Recovery of Nickel from Waste Lithium Ion Secondary Battery and Fabrication of Nickel Nanopowder," Key Eng. Mater, 733, 22-26 (2017). https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.733.22
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)