- Volume 10 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Dilemma of Lifelong Education for the Persons with Disabilities in Korea
한국 장애인 평생교육의 융합 딜레마
- Kim, Young-Jun (College of Education, Dongguk University Gyeongju Campus) ;
- Kang, Kyung-Sook (Department of Secondary Special Education, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2019.01.28
- Accepted : 2019.03.20
- Published : 2019.03.28
The purpose of this study was to specifically explore the dilemma posed by lifelong education for the disabled in Korea at the point of convergence. Research to achieve the research objectives consisted of areas that should be considered in developing and implementing support systems for lifelong education for the disabled. The outcome of the area consisted of five things: convergence dilemmas in fields, convergence dilemmas in institutions, convergence dilemmas in eligibility, convergence dilemmas in disability areas, and convergence dilemmas in national administration. And the five areas were considered by interlinked views and contexts. Based on the results of the study, the university's special education department (including vocational special education) was concluded and considered with emphasis on strengthening the role functions of the university's special education system for the support system for lifelong education for the disabled, including the preconditions for establishing the academic identity of lifelong education for the disabled. Through this ideal, it is worth suggesting that the academic identity of lifelong education for the disabled should be established as appropriate based on convergence between the categories of lifelong education and special education based on the practical nature and context of education for the Korean.
- Y. J. Kim. (2018a). A Curriculum to Improve the Cooperation Course of Fostering Lifelong Educators for Disabledin the Special Education Department of University. The Journal of Vocation and Qualification, 7(1), 187-213.
- Y. J. Kim & Y. S. Jung. (2018). A Study on the Practical Integration Model of Special Education, Rehabilitation, Lifelong Education : Directions to Foster Lifelong Educators for Disabled. Journal of Curriculum Integration, 12(2), 87-111.
- Y. J. Kim & J. Y. Kim. (2018a). Plan for an Integration System based on University Lifelong Education to Foster Cooking Startups of Persons with Developmental Disabilities. Journal of Curriculum Integration, 12(1), 23-58.
- Y. J. Kim. (2017a). Training of Lifelong Education Industrial Workers Among Parents for the Development of Vocational Competency of Persons with Disabilities. The Journal of Vocation and Qualification, 6(2), 79-111.
- Y. J. Kim. (2017b). Establishment Plan on the University's Lifelong Education Center Organization and Curriculum System for Vocational Education and Training of the Disabled. The Journal of Lifelong Education and HRD, 13(3), 87-123.
- Y. J. Kim & M. A. Do. (2017). Development of a University-based Lifelong Education Support System for Persons with Developmental Disabilities. Journal of Curriculum Integration, 11(4), 61-100.
- Y. J. Kim. (2015). A Study on Applications of School Age Evidence-based Transition Education Practices for Independent Living of Persons with Development Disabilities from Perspectives of Lifelong Learning. Korean Council of Physical, Multiple & Health Disabilities, 58(1), 137-166.
- Y. J. Kim. (2017c). The Effects of Independence Life Training through Collaboration of Lifelong Education Center at University in Majoring Course on the Wash Staff Employment Task Skills for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Korean Council of Physical, Multiple & Health Disabilities, 60(3), 67-90. https://doi.org/10.20971/kcpmd.2017.60.3.67
- Y. J. Kim & J. H. Jang. (2017). The Effects of In-Basket based Connection Learning in Lifelong Education Center at University through Workplace Instruction of Employer on Cooking Skills for Workers with Developmental Disabilities. Korean Council of Physical, Multiple & Health Disabilities, 60(4), 121-141. https://doi.org/10.20971/kcpmd.2017.60.4.121
- Y. J. Kim. (2017d). Operation Plan of Worksite-affiliated Lifelong Educational Facilities for the persons with Disabilities. Journal of Educational Innovation Research, 27(2), 173-198. https://doi.org/10.21024/PNUEDI.27.2.201706.173
- Y. J. Kim. (2006). An Analysis of National Lifelong Learning Policy : Focus on the Annual Plan for 2006 by the Ministry of Education & Human Resources Development. Journal of Lifelong Education, 12(1), 145-168.
- Y. J. Kim & M. A. Do. (2014a). A Discussion of Special Education Research Task on the School Age of Students with Developmental Disabilities for Independent Living in Future Adulthood. The Journal of Special Education & Rehabilitation Science, 53(3), 39-68.
- Y. J. Kim & M. A. Do. (2014b). A Study on the Integrated Instruction Approach of Task Skills and Self-Management Skills in terms of Vocational Education for Adulthood Transition of Students with Developmental Disabilities. Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disorders, 30(3), 291-330.
- H. Y. Kim & D. Y. KO. (2015). Needs of Teachers and Parents on Life-Education for People with Visual Impairments & Other Disabilities. The Korean Journal of Visual Impairment, 31(2), 43-68.
- D. S. Kang & J. S. Shin. (2015). A Basic Study on the Career-Based Lifelong Education Model for the Adults with Developmental Disability. The Journal of Developmental Disabilities, 19(1), 1-22.
- G. H. Choi. (2014). The Implementation of Rehabilitation Counselor Certification and Tasks for Development of Code of Professional Ethics. The Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 24(3), 105-127.
- Y. J. Kim. (2017e). Reality Factors and Improvement Plans to Foster Lifelong Educators for Disabled. The Journal of Rehabilitation Science Research, 35(2), 1-14.
- Y. J. Kim & J. Y. Kim. (2018b). A study on the Evidence-based Practices for Lifelong Education (Vocation) of Persons with Disabilities. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 8(1), 351-359.
- J. Y. Kim. (2016). A Study on Composition of Life-long Education Curriculum for Person with Developmental Disabilities. The Study of Lifelong Education and Welfare for People with Disabilities, 2(1), 65-92.
- J. S. Kwon & Y. S. Jung. (2015). Direction of Lifelong Education for adults with disabilities in Local Learning Policy. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 5(6), 305-315.
- Y. J. Kim & K. S. Kang. (2018a). Restructuring Plan of Vocational Rehabilitation Practices System from the Convergence Perspective of Lifelong Education for Persons with Developmental Disabilities. Culture and Convergence, 40(8), 365-402.
- Y. J. Kim & K. S. Kang. (2018b). Lifelong Education Integrated Approach to Vocational Special Education in terms of Qualification. Humanities and Social Studies 21, 9(6), 603-618.
- Y. J. Kim & K. S. Kang. (2018c). The Innovation Challenges of University Department of Special Education with Convergence on Lifelong Education of the Disabled. Journal of The Korea Convergence Society, 9(10), 167-182. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.10.167
- Y. J. Kim & K. S. Kang. (2018d). Operation Plan of National Lifelong Education Promotion Center Commercialization to Revitalize a University-based Lifelong Education for Persons with Developmental Disabilities. Culture and Convergence, 40(6), 501-540.
- Y. J. Kim & K. S. Kang. (2018e). Integration Plan of Lifelong Educators for Disabled Qualification System Based on Current Programs for Lifelong Educators. The Journal of Integration Curriculum, 12(3), 97-123.
- Y. J. Kim. (2018b). The Effects of University Education Extracurricular based Talent Donation Activities of College Students in Lifelong Education Center on the Cooking Skills for High School Student with Intellectual Disabilities. The Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, 28(1), 81-94.