- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Research trends in the Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services : Examining the articles published in the past 10 years
한국응급구조학회지의 연구동향 분석 : 최근 10년간의 게재논문을 중심으로
Kang, Min-Ju;Jeon, Hyuk-Jin;Ju, Jeong-Mi
- Received : 2019.03.13
- Accepted : 2019.04.14
- Published : 2019.04.30
Purpose: This study aimed to analyze the research trends of the articles published in the Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services in the past 10 years. Methods: A total of 236 articles published between 2009 and 2018 were analyzed. For analysis of the collected data, frequencies and percentages were calculated using SPSS 23 (IBM, Armonk, NY, USA). Results: Most of the articles (47.9%, 113) were authored by 2 researchers, and most first authors were affiliated with university (81.4%, 192). Most of the articles were presented with 3 key words (34.3%, 81), and the most studied subjects of emergency medical technology was clinical researches (26.7%, 63). The majority of the research was performed quantitatively (99.6%, 235) and retrospectively (72.5%, 171), and research design was the most surveyed (68.2%, 161). For the majority of articles, the size of the sample was less than 100 (35.6%, 84), and the study participants were students (38.1%, 91). Only 12.7% (40) of the articles were reviewed by institutional review boards. Conclusion: In future studies on emergency medical technology, active participation of field emergency workers is needed. In addition, qualitative and prospective studies should be conducted on various types of research subjects.
Research trends;The Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services;Articles
- Ems.gov. what is ems?. Available at: https://www.ems.gov/whatisems.html
- The Korea Society of Emergency Medical Services. Available at: ttp://www.kemt.or.kr/doc/sub_010101.php, 2019.
- Choe JS, Yoon JW. Actual condition and suggestions in korean education for academic purpose through analysis of trends in education research. The Society for Korean Language & Literary Research 2012;74:131-56.
- Uhm TH. An analysis of papers published in the Journal of Korean Society of Emergency Medical Technology from 1997 to 2005. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2007;11(2):5-10.
- Lee KH, Ham YL. Coincidence analysis of keywords and MeSH terms in the Korean Journal of Emergency Medical Services. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2012;16(2):43-51.
- Jeong IS, Kang KS, Kim KH, Kim KS, Kim WO, Byun YS et al. The research trends in fundamental nursing - based on the analysis of Journal of Korean academy of fundamental nursing -. J Korean Acad Funda Nurs 2001;8(2):132-46.
- Choi YH, Lee KC. Coauthorship patterns in Korean Public Administrative Review(1989-2008). Korean Public Administration Review 2009;43(3):51-72.
- Lee YA, Kim CH, Hur SH. Reseach trends and future directions on elementary and secondary school group counseling. The Journal of Play Therapy 2014;18(2):109-22.
- Ems.gov. Ems agenda 2050. Available at: http://emsagenda2050.org/, 2019.