- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Comparison of success rates of chest compressions performed with and without a rescuer's belt during transfer
이송 중 구조자용 벨트(EMT-belt) 착용에 대한 가슴압박 성공률 비교
- Received : 2019.03.19
- Accepted : 2019.04.14
- Published : 2019.04.30
Purpose: The aim of this study was to provide basic data to improve the survival rate of pre-hospital cardiac arrest patients. This study suggests a more effective method of performing effective chest compressions for a cardiac arrest patient in a moving ambulance. Methods: To compare the differences between gender and license (qualification), SPSS 18.0 (Windows) was used. Independent and paired t-tests were used for differences between before and after wearing a rescuer's belt. Results: The success rate of chest compressions according to gender was higher in males (
Paramedic;EMT belt;Chest compression;Ambulance;Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Korea centers for disease control. 2006-2017 Acute cardiac arrest survey statistics. 2018 http://www.cdc.go.kr/CDC/notice/CdcKrInfo0210.jsp?menuIds=HOME006-MNU2804-MNU2970&cid=142010
- Stiel IG, Brown SP, Nichol G, Cheskes S, Vaillancourt C, Callaway CW et al. What is the optimal chest compression depth during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest resuscitation of adult patients? Circulation 2014;130:1962-70. https://doi.org/10.1161/CirculationAHA.114.008671 https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.008671
- Ko JS, Kim YS, Lim SY, Kim ST, Kim KH, Whang SH et al. Comparison of manual chest compression and chest compression using autopulseTM device in pre-hospital simulation cardiac arrest. J of the Korea Society of Computer and Information 2018;23(10):151-6. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2018.23.10.151
- Koster RW, Beenen LF. van der Boom EB, Spijkerboer AM, Tepaske R, van der Wal AC et al. Safety of mechanical chest compression devices AutoPulse and LUCAS in cardiac arrest: a randomized clinical trial for non-inferiority. European Heart J 2017;38(40):3006-13. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehx318 https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehx318
- Perkins GD, Lall R, Quinn T, Deakin CD, Cooke MW, Horton J, et al. Mechanical versus manual chest compression for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (PARAMEDIC): a pragmatic, cluster randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2015;385(9972):947-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61886-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61886-9
- Rubertsson S, Lindgren E, Smekal D, Östlund O, Silfverstolpe J, Lichtveld RA et al. Mechanical chest compressions and simultaneous defibrillation vs conventional cardiopulmonary resuscitation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: the LINC randomized trial. JAMA 2014;311(1):53-61. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2013.282538 https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2013.282538
- Jang GN. A study to improve ambulance service in quality. Department of fire protection system. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongshin University 2010, Gwangju, Korea.
- Hong SG, Son IA. A study on the factors influencing the accuracy of chest compression during cardiopulmonary resuscitation trying in a moving ambulance. Korean Society of Emergency Medicine 2009;20(4):343-54.
- Kramer-Johansen J, Myklebust H, Wik L, Fellows B, Svensson L, Sorebo H, et al. Quality of out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation with real time automated feedback: a prospective interventional study. Resuscitation 2006;71(3):283-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2006.05.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2006.05.011
- Jang MS, Tak YJ. The variation of elapsed time on fatigue and quality of single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2013;17(1):9-19.
- 2015 AHA guidelines for CPR and ECC. AHA. 2015. http://www.eccguidelines.heart.org
- Lee JG, Kim JS, Roh SG. Comparison of chest compression and ventilation volume using LUCAS and manual in virtual reality-based ambulance simulation -A manikin study-. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2018;22(3):67-76. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2018.22.3.067
- Shin SY, Kim JH, Kim GY, Kang SW, Bang SH, Yun JG et al. A study on the cardiopulmonary resuscitation method in ambulance. Fire Sci & Eng 2014;28(4):104-11.
- Yu BC. The effect of siren stimuli on cardiopulmonary resuscitation accuracy and the ability of concentration of EMTs. Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju National University 2010, Gongju, Korea.
- Lee YS. Compare paramedic's artificial respiration and chest compression to nonparamedic's. Unpublished master's thesis, Kongju National University 2010, Gongju, Korea.
- Lee HA. Comparison of efficiency compressions between 30:2 cardiopulmonary resuscitation and hands-only resuscitation by manikin. Unpublished master's thesis, Eulji University 2013, Seongnam, Korea.
- Na JH, Park SO, Baek KJ, Hong DY, Lee KR, Lee MH. Analysis of the Time-dependent changes of chest compression quality and related rescuer factors in cardiopulmonary resuscitation by lay- persons. J Korean Soc Emerg Med 2011;22(5):431-7. http://www.jksem.org/upload/pdf/18402340.pdf
- Yoon BG, Baek ML. A comparative study on accuracy and fatigue in hands-only CPR and traditional CPR by voice instruction. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2012;16(2):31-41.
- Kim SR. Impact of 119 rescue's interventions in the survival of patients with pre-hospital cardiac arrest. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University 2011, Daejeon, Korea.
- Kim JH, Kang SJ. Difference of CPR knowledge and confidence to perform related to CPR education experience characteristics among emergency room nurses. Health & Nursing 2018;30(1):55-68. UCI I410-ECN-0102-2018-500-004074606 https://doi.org/10.29402/HN30.1.5