- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of the Slacks Pattern for the Elderly Women from 3D Virtual Garment Simulation
3D 가상착의에 의한 노년 여성의 슬랙스 패턴 설계
- Lim, Jiyoung (Dept. of Fashion Design & Business, Daejeon University)
- 임지영 (대전대학교 패션디자인.비즈니스학과)
- Received : 2018.10.08
- Accepted : 2018.12.21
- Published : 2019.02.28
The purpose of this study was to develop slacks pattern of elderly women aged over 60s by using the virtual twin and 3D virtual garment simulation system. The results were as follows; first, By using 3D Virtual Garment Simulation, new slacks pattern considered elderly women was development. The basic numerical formula were as follows, front waist girth W/4+2+1.5, back waist girth W/4+1.5+0.5, front hip girth H/4+0.75, back hip girth H/4+1.5, front crotch extension H/16-0.5, back crotch extension H/8-1.3, front dart amount 2 and back dart amount 1.5. Second, according to the results of the new slacks pattern's appearance evaluation, it estimated more highly than existing pattern in silhouette and ease amount, confirming that new slacks pattern is appropriate for the elderly women. Also, new slacks pattern was evaluated to allow proper space length of waist, abdomen and hip. Virtual models production through 3D body scan data, pattern draft and virtual garment digital program were applied to prototypic design method so as to enhance the fitness of ready-made garments. The use of the virtual twin made it impossible to comprehend the appearances and ease correspondent to motions. In order to evaluate wearing fitness, therefore, the system should be improved so as to change arm positions and perform various motions.
Supported by : 대전대학교
- '2018 Senior statistical survey'. (2018). Statistics Korea. Retrieved September, 29, 2018, from http://kostat.go.kr
- Chang, A. H. (2006). Clothing design preference of silver generation women - Focus on age 60 and more -. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 8(5), 496-504.
- Choi, Y. S. (2001). Study on dissatisfaction with the fit of ready - to - wear related to interests in weight control. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 10(3), 291-301.
- Chung, S. H., & Kim, S. A. (2006). A research on the actual condition of silver apparel brands. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 56(4), 15-32.
- Jo, J. S., Park, S. H., & Choi, J. O. (1997). A study on sizing system for elderly women. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 21(5), 835-844.
- Kim, H. K. (1999). Physical disability & Special cloths. Paju: Gyomoon.
- Kim, S. A., Lee, G. M., & Choi, H. S. (2003). Lower body somatotype classification and discrimination of elderly women according to index. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 53(6), 117-130.
- Kim, S. O., Kweon, S. A., & Yoo, J. J. (2009). Development of slacks pattern for old aged abdominal obese women. Korean Journal of Human Ecology, 18(1), 152-161. doi:10.5934/KJHE.2009.18.1.157 https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2009.18.1.157
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2015). The 7th Size Korea. Retrieved May 01, 2017, from http://sizekorea.kats.go.kr
- Lee, M. S., & Kim, S. R. (2011). The development of jacket patterns for elderly women. Journal of the Korean Society of Fashion Design, 11(1), 37-55.
- Lee, J. J., & Suh, M. A. (2010). Slacks purchase realities and wearing satisfaction focused on old-aged women. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(3), 541-549. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2010.18.3.541
- Lee, J. Y., & Joo, S. H. (2005). Size analysis of ready-made clothing for elderly women and fit evaluation according to their body type. Journal of Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(8), 1092-1101.
- Lim, J. Y. (2008). A study on the satisfaction level with the purchasing and size of ready-to-wear for middle-aged women. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(3), 335-341.
- Lim, J. Y. (2010). A development of the torso pattern for obese middleaged women from 3D virtual garment simulation. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 12(1), 86-93. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.1.086
- Moon, S. E., & Park, K. S. (2010). A comparative analysis of uppertorso bodice pattern for elderly women of her late 60s - On the focus of bunka and new bunka style basic pattern -. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(6), 1242-1253. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2010.18.6.1242
- Nam, Y. J., & Choi, I. S. (1999). Classification and characteristics of the lower body type of elderly women. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 7(1), 154-164.
- Nam, Y. J., & Choi, I. S. (2002). A study on jacket pattern for elderly women. Family and Environment Research, 40(10), 177-189.
- Nam, Y. J., & Han, S. H. (2004). A study on the pattern of Hanbok Jegory for bending somatotyped women in old age. Journal of Fashion Business, 8(4), 22-32.
- Park, M. J., Kim, J. M., & Park, J. O. (2010). Wearing behavior of the active silver generation to functional textiles related with gender and age. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(6), 1063-1075. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2010.18.6.1063
- Shin, H. B., Lee, G. L., & Lim, S. J. (2003). A study on meddle-upper class older female consumer's lifestyle characteristics and purchasing behavior of clothing. Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 23(4), 1-16.