- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Collecting Efficiency of Oil-mist Filter according to the Sub-filter Shape
서브필터 형상에 따른 Oil-mist Filter의 포집효율 향상에 관한 연구
- Kim, Yong Sun (Graduate School, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jeonju UNIV) ;
- Yun, Seong Min (Graduate School, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Jeonju UNIV) ;
- Shin, Hee Jae (Institute of Carbon Technology, Jeonju UNIV) ;
- Ko, Sang Cheol (Department of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Jeonju UNIV.)
- Received : 2018.10.08
- Accepted : 2018.11.25
- Published : 2019.01.31
Cooking oil in kitchen-fog is the most harmful factor to the health of a cook. The proposed filter is a tool that protects the cooked state, to prevent users from inhaling oil mist in the kitchen. Due to efficiency issues, existing filters are of the mesh type or baffle type. In this paper, CFD analysis is carried out to select a filter with low pressure loss and low efficiency, and to attach the sub-filter to improve efficiency. The results of the analysis on the collection efficiency and pressure loss of three sub-filters, i.e., circle type, droplet type, and cone type, showed that the collection efficiency was 64.09% and the pressure loss was 1.26 mmAq when the circle type sub-filter was applied. The position of the sub-filter showed the best efficiency and pressure loss when it was located at the bottom of the center of the gap of the main filter.
Supported by : Korea Research Foundation
- Kim, Y. J., Kang, I. K., Byun, H. S., "Development Trend of Nanofiber Filter", Membrane Journal, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 2006.
- Sohn, D. Y., Lim, J. H., Choi, Y. H., Park, J. H., "A Numerical Study on the Performance Improvement of Kitchen Range Hood by Air Induction and Air Curtain", Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 321-327, 2007.
- Kim, H. G., "New Design of Cap Type Filter for Oil Mist Removal", Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 13-16, 2011.
- Choi, S. H., Lee, G. T., "An Experimental Study on the Kitchen Ventilation System Effectiveness by Character of Static Pressure Loss of Each System Component in Apartment Building", JOURNAL OF THE ARCHITECTURAL INSTITUTE OF KOREA Planning & Design, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 269-276, 2012 https://doi.org/10.5659/JAIK_PD.2012.28.3.269
- Kim, K. J., Bae, G. N., Kim, Y. I., Hur, N. K., " Numerical Study on the Design of a Grease Filter for Kitchen Ventilation", Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 619-630, 2003
- Park, J. C., "A Study on the Improvement Strategies for Exhaust Performance in Commercial Kitchen Hoods", Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 439-445, 2003
- Jang. S. C., Kim. J. W., Yi. C. S., "Numerical analysis on the inner flow characteristic for small smoke collector", Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 67-75, 2013.
- VERSTEEG, H. K., Malalasekera, W., "An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics: The Finite Volume Method", Hongrung publisher. pp. 97-101, 2015
- Kim, T. Y., Kim, H. G., "Analysis of Particle Matters by Using CFD Method in Indoor Environment", Prospectives of Industrial Chemistry, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 9-15, 2018
- Kim, K. J., Bae, G. N., Kim, Y. I., Hur, N. K., "A Numerical Study on the Particle Collection Characteristics of a Grease Filter for Kitchen Ventilation", Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 10, pp. 792-801, 2002.
- Ahn, J. H., Ahn, K. H., "Numerical Study of Particle Motion and Particle Beam Formation Through a Critical Orifice", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers - B, Vol. 23, No. 10, pp. 1240-1247, 1999. https://doi.org/10.22634/KSME-B.19184.108.40.2060