- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Control Effect of Fusarium Wilt of Cucumber by Trichoderma Collection Strain
Trichoderma 수집균주별 오이 덩굴쪼김병 방제효과
- Park, Youn Jin (Green Manure and Legumes Resource Center, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Young Su (Environmental Agriculture Research Division, GARES) ;
- Ann, Seoung-Won (Department of Horticultural Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Cho, Yong-Koo (Department of Plant Resources, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Hyung-Won (Union Bio Co.) ;
- Jang, Myoung-Jun (Department of Plant Resources, Kongju National University)
- 박윤진 (공주대학교 두과녹비자원연구센터) ;
- 이영수 (경기도농업기술원) ;
- 안승원 (공주대학교 원예학과) ;
- 조용구 (공주대학교 식물자원학과) ;
- 이형원 (유니온바이오) ;
- 장명준 (공주대학교 식물자원학과)
- Received : 2019.02.20
- Accepted : 2019.03.14
- Published : 2019.03.31
This study investigated the relationship among seven species of trichoderma through the identification of strains collected in Korea. The phylogenetic tree among the collected strains was classified into four groups. The trichoderma strains isolated in this way showed inhibitory effect on the fusarium wilt which is parasitic to cotyledon stem..The invisibility of J9, J10, J13 and J16 strains were higher in comparison with other strains in vitro test stand, and their spore production level was also higher. In the aluminum ring tests, it showed that the yield of the spores in J9, J10 and J13 were more than any other strain. As a result conducting the port test for cucumbers, the plant lengths of J13 were larger than the control plot, and the root lengths of all strains, except for J2 were longer than the control plot, and the root weights of J1, J9, J10, J13 and J16 were larger than the control plot. The disease severity for the fusarium wilt showed the smallest values at J13 and J16 in comparison with the control plot, and the control values of J13 and J16 were higher than other strains.
Supported by : 중소벤처기업부
- Armstrong, G. M., Armstrong, J. K., 1981, Formae speciales and races of Fusarium oxysporum causing wilt disease. In Fusarium: Disease, biology, and taxonomy, Nelson. P. E., Toussoun. T. A., and Cook. R. J. (eds), University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press. 391-399.
- Druzhinina, I. S., Kopchinskiy, A. G., Komoj, M., Bissett, J., Szakacs, G., Kubicek, C. P., 2005, An Oligonucleotide barcode for species identifcation in Trichoderma and Hypocrea, Fungal Genetics and Biology, 42, 813-828. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fgb.2005.06.007
- Eyal, J., Baker, C. P., Reeder, J. D., Devane, W. E., Lumsden, R. D., 1997, Large-scale production of chlamydospores of Gliocladium virens strain GL-21 in submerged culture. Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, 19, 163-168. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jim.2900430
- Francesco, V., Sivasithamparam, K., Ghisalbertic, E. L., Marra, R., Woo, S. L., Lorito, M., 2008, Trichoderma-lantathogen interactions. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 40, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soilbio.2007.07.002
- Garibaldi, A., Gilardi, G., Gullino, M. L., 2002, First report of Fusarium oxusporum on lettuce in Europe, Plant Dis, 86, 1052.
- Haran, S., Schickler, H., Oppenheim, A. B., Chet, I., 1996, Differential expression of T. harzianum chitinases during mycoparasitism. Phytopathology, 86(9), 980-985. https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-86-980
- Harman, G. E., Howell, C. R., Viterbo, A., Chet, I., Lorito, M., 2004, Trichoderma species-opportunistic, avirulent plant symbionts, Nature Review Microbiology, 2, 43-56. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrmicro797
- Harman, G. E., Jin, X., Stasz, T. E., Peruzzotti, G., Leopold, A. C., Taylor, A. G., 1991, Production of conidial biomass of Trichoderma harzianum for biological control, Biological control, 1, 23-28. https://doi.org/10.1016/1049-9644(91)90097-J
- Hubbard, J. C., Gerik, J. S., 1993, A new wilt disease incited by Fusarium oxsporum f. sp. lactucum forma specialis nov, Plant Dis, 77, 750-554. https://doi.org/10.1094/PD-77-0750
- Inbar, J., Chet, I., 1995, The role of recognition in the induction of specific chitinases during mycoparasitism by Trichoderma harzianum, Microbiology, 141(11), 2823-9. https://doi.org/10.1099/13500872-141-11-2823
- Jin, X., Harman, G. E., Taylor, A. G., 1991, Conidial biomass and desiccation tolerance of Trichoderma harzianum produced at different medium water potentials, Biological Control, 1, 237-243. https://doi.org/10.1016/1049-9644(91)90072-8
- Jun, O. K., Kim, Y. H., 2004, Aphelenchus avenae and antagonistic fungi as biological control agents of Pythium spp, The Plant Pathology Journal, 20, 271-276. https://doi.org/10.5423/PPJ.2004.20.4.271
- Kim, J. Y., 2010, Developmental characteristics and control of fusarium wilt of lettuce caused by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lactucae in Korea Ph. D. Dissertation, Chungnam National University, Korea.
- Lee, Y. H., Cha, K. H., Lee, D. G., Shim, H. K., Ko, S. J., Park, I. J., Yang, K. Y., 2004, Cultural and rainfall factors involved in disease development of fusarium wilt of sweet potato, Plant Pathology J, 20, 92-96. https://doi.org/10.5423/PPJ.2004.20.2.092
- McKeen, C. D., Reilly, C. C., Pusey, P. L., 1986, Production and partial characterization of antifungal subtances antagonistic to Monilinia fructicola from Bacillus subtilis, Phytopathology, 7, 136-139.
- Monaghan, R. L., Tkacz, J. S., 1990, Bioactive microbial products: Focusupon mechanism of action, Annu. Rev. Microbiol, 44, 271-301. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.mi.44.100190.001415
- Ploetz, R. C., Benscher, D., Vazquez, A., Colls, A., Nagel, J., Schaffer, B., 1996, A Reexamination of mango decline in Florida, Plant Disease, 80, 664-668. https://doi.org/10.1094/PD-80-0664
- Ploetz, R. C., Schnell, R. J., Haynes, J., 2002, Variable response of open-pollinated seedling progeny of avocado to Phytophthora root rot, Phytoparasitica, 30, 262-268. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03039994
- Tokimoto, K., Komatsu, M., Fukumasa-nakai, Y., 1994, Establishing the selection method for the Lentinula edodes strains resistant to Trichoderma spp. Proc. Japan Acad., 70(B), 112-116. https://doi.org/10.2183/pjab.70.112
- Yang, N., Lee, S. W., Kim, H. T., Park, K. S., 2013, Growth promotion and induction of systemic resistance against Phytophthora capsici on red-pepper plant by treatment of Trichoderma harzianum MPA167, The Korean Society of Pesticide Science, 17, 394-401. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2013.17.4.394
- Yang, S. S., Kim, C. H., Nam, K. W., Song, Y. S., 2000, Ecological studies on fusarium diseases of fruit-vegetables under structure cultivation 1. Disease incidence and environmental characteristics of the tomato and cucurbits fields infested by Fusarium spp., Plant Dis. Res., 6, 59-64.
- Zhang, S., White, T. L., Martinez, M. C., McInroy, J. A., Kloepper, J. W., Klassen, W., 2010, Evaluation of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria for control of Phytophthora blight on squash under greenhouse conditions, Biological Control, 53, 129-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocontrol.2009.10.015