- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Water Quality Level of the Living Environmental Standards and Regression Analysis in the Major Tributaries of the Nakdong River
낙동강 주요 지류에서 생활환경 기준 수질 성분의 수질등급 및 회귀분석
- Kang, Dong-hwan (Environmental Research Institute, Pukyong National University) ;
- So, Yoon-hwan (Environmental Research Institute, Pukyong National University) ;
- Park, Kyeong-deok (Interdisciplinary Program of Marine Convergence Design, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Il-kyu (Department of Environmental Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Byung-Woo (Water Resources Research Center, K-water Research Institute, Korea Water Resources Corporation)
- 강동환 (부경대학교 환경연구소) ;
- 소윤환 (부경대학교 환경연구소) ;
- 박경덕 (부경대학교 마린융합디자인협동과정) ;
- 김일규 (부경대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 김병우 (한국수자원공사 K-water연구원 물순환연구소)
- Received : 2018.12.12
- Accepted : 2019.02.14
- Published : 2019.03.31
In this study, the water quality components (pH, BOD, COD, TOC, SS, DO, TP) and the water quality, observed for 10 years (2008~2017) in the five tributaries of the Nakdong River with the highest flow rates, were analyzed. Monthly levels of the water quality components were estimated and regression functions were used to quantitatively explain the changes in the BOD and COD components, with respect to the TOC components. The results of analyzing the water quality levels in terms of the living environmental standards show that the lowest water quality was observed midstream (ST-3) and the highest water quality was observed upstream (ST-1 and ST-2). The regression function was estimated to be a linear function in all five tributaries, and the goodness of fit of the function was high upstream (ST-2), midstream (ST-3), and downstream (ST-4). According to the regression analysis using the observation data from 2008~2017, we found that the consumption of dissolved oxygen increased with an increase in organic matter in the major tributaries of the Nakdong River.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Byoun, J., Kim, T., Lee, S., Hong, T., Kim, H., 2008, Correlation between TOC, UVA and COD of environmental water samples, J. Kor. Soc. Envir. Anal., 11(4), 286-291.
- Cho, B., Choi, J., Yi, S., Kim, Y., 2012, Selection priority of tributary catchments for improving water quality using stream grouping method, J. Kor. Soc. Wat. Envir., 28(1), 18-25.
- Choi, D., Jung, J., Yoon, K., Lee, K., Choi, W., Lim, S., Park, H., Yim, B., Hwang, T., 2012, Estimation of TOC concentration using BOD, COD, in runoff from paddy fields, J. Kor. Soc. Wat. Envir., 28(6), 813-818.
- Im, T., Son, Y., 2016, Water quality analysis in Nakdong river tributaries, J. Envir. Sci. Int., 25(12), 1661-1671. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2016.25.12.1661
- Jung, S., Kim, K., Seo, D., Kim, J., Lim, B., 2013, Evaluation of water quality characteristics of grade classification of Yeongsan river tributaries, J. Kor. Soc. Wat. Envir., 29(4), 504-513.
- Kim, B., Jung, S., Jang, C., Kim, J., 2007, Comparison of BOD, COD ad TOC as the indicator of organic matter pollution in streams ad reservoirs of Korea, J. Kor. Soc. Envir. Eng., 29(6), 640-643.
- Kim, H., Hong, J., Seong, J., Choi, K., Park, J., 2013, Comparison of organic matter distribution in major tributaries of the Nakdong river, J. Kor. Soc. Wat. Envir., 29(5), 618-624.
- Kim, Y., Gal, B., Park, J., Kim, S., Im, T., 2018, Classification of Nakdong river tributaries under priority management based on their characteristics and water quality index, J. Kor. Soc. Eng., 40(2), 73-81. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2018.40.2.73
- Kim, Y., Lee, S., 2011, Evaluation of water quality for the Han river tributaries using multivariate analysis, J. Kor. Soc. Envir. Eng., 33(7), 501-510. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.7.501
- Lim, B., Cho, B., Kim, Y., Kim, D., 2010, Application of priority order selection technique for water quality improvement in stream watershed by relationship of flow and water quality, J. Kor. Soc. Envir. Eng., 32(8), 802-808.
- MOE, 2017, 2017 White paper of environment, Ministry of environment, 630p.
- Na, S., Kwon, H., Shin, S., Son, Y., Shin, D., Im, T., 2016, A study on seasonal pollutant distribution characteristics of contaminated tributaries in Nakdong river basin, J. Wet. Res., 18(3), 301-312. https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2016.18.3.301
- Na, S., Lim, T. H., Lee, J. Y., Kwon, L. H., Cheon, S. U., 2015, Flow rate.water quality characteristics of tributaries and a grouping method for tributary management in Nakdong river, J. Wet. Res., 17(4), 380-390. https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2015.17.4.380
- Yu, S., Hwang, J., Yoon, Y., Cheon, S., Han, E., 1999, Index of organic matter in stream and lake, Kor. Soc. Envir. Impa. Assess., 8(1), 81-92.