- Volume 57 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Multidimensional Poverty Analysis of Elderly Households by Cohort
노인가구의 코호트별 다차원빈곤 분석
- Kim, Soon-Mi (Department of Consumer Sciences, Chungnam National University) ;
- Cho, Kyung-Jin (Department of Consumer Sciences, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2018.12.21
- Accepted : 2019.01.19
- Published : 2019.02.28
This study analyzed the poverty rate by poverty dimension, correlation between multidimensional poverty, variables that affected the number of poverty dimension and the probability of the poor or not. The sample consisted of 6,361 elderly households (1,561 baby boom birth cohort, 1,793 post-liberation birth cohort, 3,007 Japanese colonial period birth cohort) taken from the
Supported by : Chungnam National University
- Alkire, S., & Foster, J. (2011). Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement. Journal of Public Economics, 95(7), 476-487. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpubeco.2010.11.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpubeco.2010.11.006
- Ban, J. H. (2011). Poverty factor decomposition of Korean households. Labor Review, 7, 66-81.
- Beeghley, L. (1988). Individual and structural explanations of poverty. Population Research and Policy Review, 7(3), 201-222. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02456102
- Choe, H. S., Oh, M. A., Son C. G., Im, B. I., & Jung, H. S. (2013). 2013 Korea welfare panel in-depth analysis report: focusing on the new sample house DB (Report No. 2013-40-02). Sejong: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Choi, G., Suh, B., & Kwon, J. (2011). Measurement of multidimensional poverty by counting approach. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 63(1), 85-111. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2011.63.1.004 https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2011.63.1.004
- Chung, K. H., Oh, Y. H., Lee, Y. K., Oh, M. A., Kang, E. N., Kim, K. R., et al. (2017). Survey of the elderly in 2017. Seoul: Korean Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Hwang, N. H. (2015, May). Analysis of Korean elderly's multidimensional poverty and its dynamics. Paper presented at 2015 Conference of Korea Employment Information Service, Seoul, Korea.
- Jeon, Y. S. (2018). South Korea is annihilating future scenarios of the Korean economy exposed to population shock. Seoul: Businessbooks.
- Jung, E. J. (2012). Structure analysis of multidimensional poverty of the elderly in Korea (Unpublished master's thesis). Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kang, H. J., & Kim, Y. J. (2011). Predictive factors of social exclusion for the elderly. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 11(9), 323-334. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.323 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.323
- Kim, C. H., Go, Y. J., & Cho, J. E. (2018). What is your story? The old way of hopes seen through the life story of the baby boomer generation. Seoul: Seohaemoonjip.
- Kim, D. W. (2018, October 19). Job are poor... The poverty rate of elderly ranked first in the OECD. Herald Economy. Retrieved October 19, 2018, from http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20181019000289
- Kim, H. J., Park, J. Y., Go, N. N., Jin, N. Y., & Kim, J. E. (2014). A study of the urban-rural poverty gap by applying definition of multidimensional poverty to Korean welfare panel data, 2005-2011. Health and Social Welfare Review, 34(1), 5-51. http://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2014.34.1.5
- Kim, J. K. (2018, October 15). A baby boom generation ahead of the elderly, The years later, it could become a 'medical refugee.' Chosun Media. Retrieved October 15, 2018, from http://health.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2018/10/15/2018101501888.html
- Kim, K. H., Yoon, M. S., & Lee, M. (2013). A study on poverty and deprivation of the elderly in Seoul. 2013-Policy Report-15. (The Seoul Institute). 2013.12. 1-149.
- Kim, M. G., & Kim, S. A. (2018, February). Multidimensional poverty change and generational comparison. Paper presented at 2018 Joint Conference on The Korean Social Security Association and Economics, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, S. J. (2018). A cohort analysis of the income distribution and poverty risks since 1990s. Journal of Critical Social Welfare, 59, 69-102.
- Kim, S. M. (2018). Income poverty and multidimensional poverty of elderly households. Family and Environment Research, 56(2), 175-193. https://doi.org/10.6115/fer.2018.014 https://doi.org/10.6115/fer.2018.014
- Kim, Y. S. (2012). Consumption inequality and poverty. Health and Welfare Policy Forum, 4, 14-21.
- Kim, Y. T., & Suh, J. W. (2014, January). Multidimensionality of poverty: focusing on sociological debate. Paper presented at 2014 Sociological Conference for the Korean Sociological Association, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, Y. T., & Suh, J. W. (2015). The multidimensionality of poverty: reexamination of theoretical debates. Journal of Critical Social Policy, 48, 146-186.
- Korean Statistical Information Service. (2018). 2018 Household Income and Expenditure Survey. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from http://kosis.kr/eng/
- Lee, D. W. (2018). Meaning of the present life of the elderly. Health and Welfare Policy Forum, 264, 2-4.
- Lee, H. J., Jung, E. H., Lee B. H., & Ju, Y. S. (2012). Alternative approach to measuring poverty: multidimensional analysis considering basic needs (Report No. 2012-32). Seoul: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Lee, K. S. (2017, August 14). Babyboom generation 'encore career'. Hankyung. Retrieved August 14, 2017, from http://news.hankyung.com/
- Nam, S. J. (2018). The types and characteristics of the multidimensional poverty in Korean older people: a latent class analysis model. Journal of Consumer Studies, 29(3), 63-81.
- National Human Rights Commission of Korea. (2018). Elderly human rights report. Seoul: National Human Rights Commission of Korea.
- OECD. (2017). Poverty rate. Retrieved July 14, 2017, from https://data.oecd.org/inequality/poverty-rate.htm
- Park, K. S., & Kim, M. S. (2016). The impact of changes in household living arrangements on the changes in poverty rate among elderly people in South Korea. Korean Journal of Sociology, 50(1), 221-253. https://doi.org/10.21562/kjs.2016.02.50.1.221 https://doi.org/10.21562/kjs.2016.02.50.1.221
- Park, N. H., & Choi, M. J. (2014). A study of multi-dimensionality and dynamics of social exclusion of the middle aged householders. Social Science Studies, 25(2), 325-354. http://doi.org/10.16881/jss.2014.04.25.2.325
- Royce, E. (2015). Poverty and power: the problem of structural inequality (2nd eds.). NY: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers. Inc.
- Seok, S. H., & Kim, H. S. (2012). Determinants of poverty in elderly-headed households in Korea. Korean Journal of Public Finance, 5(3), 99-124.
- Shin, H. G. (2012). Elderly's path model of passing four major pains on to suicidal thought mediated by hopelessness and depression. Korean Journal of Gerontological Social Welfare, 57, 357-379.
- Suh, B. S. (2007a). A multidimensional analysis of poverty in Korea: capability approach (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Kangwon University, Chuncheon, Korea.
- Suh, B. S. (2007b). A multidimensional analysis of poverty in Korea: capability approach. Social Welfare Policy, 28(4), 199-232.
- Suh, B. S., & Kwon, J. H. (2013). Longitudinal analysis of multidimensional poverty in Korea: counting approach. Korean Social Security Studies, 29(3), 195-224.