- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
액상 황산철(liquid ferrous sulfate)을 육계 깔짚에 처리시 암모니아 발생량, pH및 총 질소 함량 변화
Changes in Ammonia Fluxes, pH and Total Nitrogen in Liquid Ferrous Sulfate-treated Litter
- 정태호 (중부대학교 애완동물자원학과)
- Chung, Tae-Ho (Department of Companion Animal & Animal Resource, Joongbu University)
- 투고 : 2018.12.25
- 심사 : 2019.02.08
- 발행 : 2019.02.28
This study investigates the changes in ammonia fluxes, pH and total nitrogen of liquid ferrous sulfate-treated litter over 5 weeks. A total of 200 broiler chicks (Arbor Acres, 1 d old) was separated into two treatment groups (0 g and 100 g liquid ferrous sulfate/kg litter) with four replications of 25 birds in each group. Liquid ferrous sulfate was sprayed on the litter by using a small sprayer. There was no difference (p>0.05) in the ammonia fluxes observed between the control and liquid ferrous sulfate treatment groups at 0, 1, and 5 weeks, except for 2, 3 and 4 weeks. At 5 weeks, the litter pH and total nitrogen content did not show any difference (p>0.05) between the control and liquid ferrous sulfate treatment groups. In conclusion, the use of liquid ferrous sulfate is not a suitable for use in poultry litter to reduce ammonia and pH or improve the total nitrogen content.
Ammonia fluxes;Broiler;Litter;pH;Total nitrogen
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 중부대학교
- AOAC., 1990, Official Methods of Analysis Association of Official Chemists. 15TH.
- Choi, I. H., Moore, P. A. Jr., 2008, Effect of liquid aluminum chloride additions to poultry litter on broiler performance, ammonia emissions, soluble phosphorus, total volatile fatty acids, and nitrogen contents of litter. Poult. Sci., 87, 1955-1963. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.2008-00053
- Choi, I. H., Yi, S. Y., Kim, C. M., 2008, A Study on pH and Soluble Reactive Phosphorus (SRP) from litter using various poultry litter amendments during short-term: a laboratory experiment, J. Environ. Sci. Int., 17, 233-237. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2008.17.2.233
- DeLaune, P. B., Moore, P. A. Jr., Daniel, T. C., Lemunyon, J. L., 2004, Effect of chemical and microbial amendments on ammonia volatilization from composting poultry litter. J. Environ. Qual., 33, 728-734. https://doi.org/10.2134/jeq2004.7280
- Lee, J. H., Kim, D. H., Lee, J. H., Kim, E. J., Cho, S. B., Lee, S. M., 2018, Effect of agricultural byproduct supplementation on growth performance and blood parameters of broiler chicken: meta-analysis., Korean J. Poult. Sci., 45, 81-88. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2018.45.2.81
- Moore, P. A. Jr., Daniel, T. C., Edwards, D. R., Miller, D. M., 1995, Effect of chemical amendments on ammonia volatilization from poultry litter. J. Environ. Qual., 24, 293-300.
- Moore, P. A. Jr., Daniel, T. C., Edwards, D. R., 1999, Reducing phosphorus runoff and improving poultry production with alum. Poult. Sci., 78, 692-698. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/78.5.692
- Moore, P. A. Jr., Daniel, T. C., Edwards, D. R., 2000. Reducing phosphorus runoff and inhibiting ammonia loss from poultry manure with aluminum sulfate. J. Environ. Qual., 29, 37-49.
- SAS Institute., 1990. SAS/STAT user's guide. Version6. 4th ed. SAS Institute Inc., Cary. NC.
- Wallner-Pendleton, E., Froman, D. P., Hedstrom, O., 1986, Identification of ferrous sulfate toxicity in a commercial broiler flock. Avian Dis., 30, 430-432. https://doi.org/10.2307/1590552