- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Characteristics of Thermal Environment Change Due to Urban Stream Restoration
도심 하천 복원에 따른 주변지역 열환경 변화 특성 분석
- Do, Woo-Gon (Busan Metropolitan City Institute of Health and Environment) ;
- Jung, Woo-Sik (Department of Atmospheric Environment Information Engineerin/Atmospheric Environment Information Research Center, Inje University)
- Received : 2019.01.02
- Accepted : 2019.02.01
- Published : 2019.02.28
The purpose of this study is to quantitatively analyze the effects of a restoration project on the decrease in the temperature in the surrounding areas. The thermal environment characteristics of the investigation area were analyzed using the meteorological data from the Busanjin Automatic Weather System which is closest to the target area. The terrain data of the modeling domain was constructed using a digital map and the urban spatial information data, and the numerical simulation of the meteorological changes before and after the restoration of the stream was performed using the Envi-met model. The average temperature of the target area in 2016 was
Bujeon stream;Envi-met;Stream restoration;Thermal comfort
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), 2018, https://www.ashrae.org/.
- Atthajariyakul, S., Leephakpreeda, T., 2005, Neural computing thermal comfort index for HVAC systems, Energy Conversion And Management, 46, 2553-2565. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2004.12.007
- Busan Metropolitan City, 2017, http://news.busan.go.kr/.
- Busan UIS System, 2017, http://uis.busan.go.kr/wp/index.do/.
- Byun, J. D., 2016, The study of urban river restoration policy in Korea - Focused on residents' perception survey of Sadangcheon restoration policy -, Master's thesis, Chungang university, Seoul, Korea.
- Choi, H. J., 2016, Diffusion simulation using Envi-met. in urban planetary boundary layer, Journal of Climate Change Research, 7(3), 357-371. https://doi.org/10.15531/ksccr.2016.7.3.357
- Do, W. G., Jung, W. S., 2012, An Analysis on the variation trend of urban heat island in Busan area(2006-2010), Journal of the Environmental Science International, 21(8), 953-963. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.8.953
- Dwivedi, A., Mohan, B. K., 2018, Impact of green roof on micro climate to reduce Urban Heat Island, Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment, 10, 56-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rsase.2018.01.003
- ENVI_MET, 2017, http://www.envi-met.com/.
- Filoso, S., Palmer, M. A., 2011, Assessing stream restoration effectiveness at reducing export to downstream, Ecological Applications, 21(6), 1989-2006. https://doi.org/10.1890/10-0854.1
- Gaggae, A. P., Fobelets, A. P., Berglund, L. G., 1986, A Standard predictive index of human response to the thermal environment, ASHRAE Trans, 92, 709-731.
- Jung, W. S., Park, J. K., Lee, H. W., 2006, An Analysis on influence of geographical variation induced by development affecting to the local scale wind environment - Numerical simulation using the Envi-met model -, Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, 22(6), 888-903.
- Kang, D. H., 2014, An Evaluation of thermal comfort and prediction according to landcover, Master's thesis, Kyungpook national university, Daegu, Korea.
- Kim, B. S., Min, Y. K., Min, B. C., Kim, J. H., 2011, The changes of psychological and physiological emotional responses according to change of the index of Predicted Mean Vote (PMV) due to air conditioning types, Sci. Emot. Sensib., 14(4), 645-652.
- Kim, J. H., Lee, J. S., Yoon, Y. H., 2015, Impact assessment on the change of thermal environment, according to the hydraulic characteristic urban regeneration stream: Cheonggyecheon case study.
- Kim, J. U., Lee, D. K., Oh, K. S., Sung, H. C., 2003, A Fundamental study on the relationship between riparian vegetation and surface temperature, J. Korean Env. Res. and Reveg. Tech., 6(3), 79-85.
- Kim, Y. M., 2012, Analyzing mitigation effects of heat island through restoring a covered stream using ENVI-met : Focused on old downtown, CheongjuCity, Master's thesis, Chungbuk National Universit, Cheongju, Korea.
- Kim, K. H., Kim, J. S., 2015, Sustainable eco-river restoration and river management, Jouranl of The Korean Society Of Civil Engineers, 63(2), 26-30.
- Kim, M. K., Lee, H. W., Do, W. G., Jung, W. S., 2009, An Analysis of Wind Field around the Air Quality Monitoring Station in the Urban Area by Using the Envi-met Model, Journal of the Environmental Science International, 18(9), 941-952. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2009.18.9.941
- Kim, H. R., 2007, A Study on the thermal and acoustic environment characteristics of traditional Korean houses in the southern regions, Ph. D. Dissertation, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea.
- Lee, E. J., 2005, The relationship between urban spatial elements and the thermal comfort - the case study of Seoul -, Master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, K. S., Shin, D. H., Kim, J. C., Lee, S. H., Lee, H. J., Jin, W., Zheng, H., 2010, Air temperature decreasing effects by restored urban stream, Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment, 19(1), 75-81.
- Land information platform, 2017, http://map.ngii.go.kr/mn/mainPage.do/.
- Ministry of Environment, 2011, Ecology river restoration guide book.
- Naver knowledge encyclopedia, 2017, http://terms.naver.com/.
- Park, S. A., Kong, H. Y., Kim, S. H., Park, S. M., Shin, Y. K., 2016 Characteristics of thermal variations with the different land covers in an urban Area, Ecology and Resilient Infrastructure, 3(1), 46-53. https://doi.org/10.17820/eri.2016.3.1.046
- Rizwan, A. M., Dennis, Y. C. L., 2008, A Review of the generation, determination and mitigation of urban heat islands, J. Environ. Sci., 120-128.
- Santamouris, M., 2013, Using cool pavements as a mitigation strategy to fight urban heat island - A review of the actual developments, Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev, 224-240.
- Thompson, J., Pelc, C. E., Brogan, W. R., Jordan, T. E., 2018, The multiscale effects of stream restoration on water quality, Ecological Engineering, 124, 7-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoleng.2018.09.016
- Weather data release portal, 2017, https://data.kma.go.kr/cmmn/main.do/.
- Woo, H. S., 2009, River restoration models and review of river restoration guides, Journal Of The Korean Society Of Civil Engineers, 57(12), 19-28.
- Woo, H. S., 2017, Assessment of definitions and models of river restoration based on the functions, services, and values of river ecosystem, Ecology and Resilient Infrastructure, 4(3), 123-129. https://doi.org/10.17820/eri.2017.4.3.123