- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of the Liquid Manure Circulation System on the Environmental Improvement of Swine Farm
액비순환시스템의 양돈농장 환경개선 효과
- Ha, Duck-Min (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Doo-Hwan (Department of Animal Resources Technology, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2018.12.19
- Accepted : 2019.01.07
- Published : 2019.01.31
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of implementing a Liquid Manure Circulation System (LMCS) on the environmental improvement of swine farms. Bacterial counts at different circulation phases of the LMCS were measured. Air in the swine facility and the liquid manure in each step of LMCS were sampled and gaseous composition detected in swine farms both with and without LMCS to compare the environmental conditions in either case. There were no differences in the total bacteria count at any circulation phase in the LMCS. Escherichia coli were detected at a very low abundance only at the outlet of the slurry pit (
Supported by : 경남과학기술대학교
- Dikmen, S., Hansen, P. J., 2008, Is the temperature-humidity index the best indicator of heat stress in lactating dairy cows in a subtropical environment, J. Dairy Sci., 92, 109-116.
- Ha, D. M., Kim, D. H., 2015, The effect of liquid manure circulation system on the odor reduction of swine farm, J. Agri. Life Sci., 49, 57-64.
- Jeong, K. H., Modabber, A. K., Kim, C. H., Lee, D. H., Choi, D. Y., Yu, Y. H., 2012, Effect of aeration mechanism on livestock manure liquid fertilization, Kor. J. Org. Agri., 20, 703-713.
- Kang, J. Y., Hur, M., 2009, The study for reduction of odor emission on 3N-system by improvement of process, Kor. J. Odor Res. Eng, 8, 50-55.
- Kim, D. H., Ha, D. M., 2014, Field manual of liquid manure circulation system for odor reduction of swine farm, Gntech press, Jinju.
- Kim, D. H., Ha, D. M., 2016, Operating manual of liquid manure circulation system, Gntech press, Jinju.
- Kim, D. H., Lee, I. B., Choi, D. Y., Song, J. I., Jeon, J. H., Ha, D. M., 2013, A Survey on current state of odor emission and control from livestock operations, J. Anim. Environ. Sci., 19, 123-132. https://doi.org/10.11109/JAES.2013.19.2.123
- Kim, D. H., Ha, D. M., Lee, I. B., Choi, D. Y., Song, J. I., 2014, A Study on dispersion characteristics of odor from swine farms, J. Anim. Environ. Sci., 20, 41-48. https://doi.org/10.11109/JAES.2014.20.2.41
- Kim, H. H., Ha, D. M., Lee, J. Y., Shin, H. S., Song, J. I., Kim, D. H., 2017, Effects of physico-chemical treatment on odor reduction of swine farm, Ann. Anim. Resour. Sci. 28, 64-71. https://doi.org/10.12718/AARS.2017.28.2.64
- Kim, K. Y., Choi, J. H., 2013, Distribution characteristics of odorous compounds concentrations according to type of pig buildings, Kor. J. Odor Res. Eng., 12, 27-37. https://doi.org/10.11161/jkosore.2013.12.1.27
- Kim, S. R., Jeon, S. J., Hong, I. G., Kim, D. K., Lee, M. G., 2012, A Case study on the effective liquid manure treatment system in pig farms, J. Anim. Environ. Sci., 18, 99-110.
- Lee, J. K., 2011, A Study on the odor characteristics and reduction of livestock wastes cycle, Ph. D. Dissertation, Chosun University, Kwangju.
- Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs, 2013, The medium- and long-term measures to animal waste recycling, MAFRA.
- Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs, 2017, The planning of clean livestock farm, MAFRA.
- Ministry of Environment, 2013, Policy direction the odor, MOE.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 2007, Standard method of odor compounds, NIER.
- Ni, J. Q., Heber, A. J., Lim, T. T., Diehl, C. A., Duggirala, R. K., Haymore, B. L., Sutton, A. L., 2000, Ammonia emission from a large mechanically ventilated swine building during warm weather, J. Environ. Quality, 29, 751-758.
- Rural Development Administration, 2006, Experimental methods for animal manure component analysis, RDA.
- SAS, 2015, Statistical analysis system, Users guide: Statistics, University Edition, SAS Institute, Cary, NC, USA.
- Schiffman, S. S., 1998, Livestock odors: Implications for human health and well-being, J. Anim. Sci., 76, 1343-1355. https://doi.org/10.2527/1998.7651343x
- Song, J. I., Jeon, J. H., Park, K. H., Yoo, Y. H., Kim, D. H., 2011, Conducted to verity the effect of chlorine dioxide (ClO2) on odor reduction at a commercial swine facility, J. Lives. Hous. Env., 17, 43-50.
- Yang, S. B., 2014, Rapid and simultaneous determination of volatile fatty acids and indoles in pig slurry and dog excrement by solid-phase micro-extraction method with gas chromatography, J. Environ. Sci. Int'l., 23, 1693-1701. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.10.1693
- You, W. G., Kim, C. L., Lee, M. K., Kim, D. K., 2012, Analysis of changing pattern of noxious gas levels with malodorous substance concentrations in individual stage of pig pens for 24hrs to improve piggery environment, J. Lives. Hous. Env., 18, 25-34.