- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Synthesis of Iron Oxide and Adsorption of Arsenic on Iron Oxide
철산화물의 합성 및 이를 이용한 비소의 흡착제거
- Kim, Youn Jung (Center for Research Facilities, Andong National University) ;
- Choi, Sik Young (Department of Applied Chemistry, Andong National University) ;
- Kim, Young-Hun (Department of Environmental Engineering, Andong National University)
- Received : 2018.11.26
- Accepted : 2019.01.28
- Published : 2019.01.31
Arsenic is among the heavy metals commonly found in aqueous environments. Iron oxide is known as an efficient adsorbent for the arsenic. A new synthetic method was applied to provide iron oxide giving a large specific surface area. The mixing method affects the formation of iron oxide. Ultrasonic waves assisted the formation of very fine iron oxide in an organic phase. The synthesized iron oxide is amorphous type with a high surface area of more than
Supported by : 안동대학교
- Choi, Y., San, P., Kashif, M., 2018, Development of a column reactor for adsorptive removal of arsenic from the aqueous phase, Proceeding of the Joint Conference of KSWE and KSWW, Ilsan, 28.
- Fowler, B. A., Weissburg, J. B., 1974, Arsine poisoning, N. Engl. J. Med., 291, 1171-1174. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM197411282912207
- Guo, X., Shi, J., Yi, Y., Tian, Q, Li, D., 2015, Separation and recovery of arsenic from arsenic-bearing dust, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 3, 2236-2242. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2015.06.028
- Jung, Y. I., Lee, W. C., Cho, H. G., Yun, S. T., Kim, S. O., 2008, Adsorption of arsenic onto two-line ferrihydrite, J. Miner. Soc. Korea, 21, 227-237.
- Kim, S. H., Lee, W. C., Cho, H. G., Kim, S. O., 2012, Characterization of arsenic adsorption onto hematite, J. Miner. Soc. Korea, 25, 197-210. https://doi.org/10.9727/jmsk.2012.25.4.197
- Kim, S. O., Lee, W. C., Jeong, H. S., Cho, H. G., 2009, Adsorption of arsenic on goethite, J. Miner. Soc. Korea, 22, 177-189.
- Kim, W. I., Lee, J. H., Kunhikrishnan, A., Lee, W. R., Lee, J. M., Paik, M. K., Yoo, J. H., Kim, J. Y., 2012, Current research for arsenic contamination in agricultural environment and agro-food, Proceeding of the Korean J. of Environ. Agric., Muju, 26-35.
- Kwon, H., Shin, T., Kim, J., Ha, D., Kim, M., Kim, Y., 2018, Removal of arsenic from aqueous phase using magnetized activated carbon and magnetic separation, Prog. Supercond. Cryog., 20, 1-5.
- Lee, S. C., Jeong, Y., Kim, Y. J., Kim, H., Lee, H. Y., Lee, Y. C., Lee, S. M., Kim, H. J., An, H. R., Ha, M. G., Lee, G. W., Lee, Y. W., Lee, G., 2018, Hierarchically three-dimensional (3D) nanotubular sea urchin-shaped iron oxide and its application in heavy metal removal and solar-induced photocatalytic degradation, J. Hazard. Mater., 354, 283-292. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2018.04.048
- Luong, V. T., Canas Kurz, E. E., Hellriegel, U., Luu, T. L., Hoinkis, J., Bundschuh, J., 2018, Iron-based subsurface arsenic removal technologies by aeration: A review of the current state and future prospects, Water Res., 133, 110-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2018.01.007
- Nazari, A. M., Radzinski, R., Ghahreman, A., 2017, Review of arsenic metallurgy: Treatment of arsenical minerals and the immobilization of arsenic, Hydromettallurgy, 174, 258-281. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2016.10.011
- Schwertmann, U., Cornell, R. M., 2000, Iron oxides in the laboratory: preparation and characerization, Wiley-VCH Publishers, New York, USA. 106-110.
- Sigdel, A., Park, J., Kwak, H., Park, P. K., 2016, Arsenic removal from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto hydrous iron oxide-impregnated alginate beads, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 35, 277-286. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2016.01.005
- Yun, S., Kim, K. W., Kim, K. J., In, H. J., Choi, W. S., Yu, C., 2014, Arsenic and heavy metal adsorption properties of steelmaking slag by magnetic separation, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers Conference, Byeonsan, 256.