- Volume 19 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
SFCFOS Uniform and Chebyshev Amplitude Distribution Linear Array Antenna for K-Band Applications
- Kothapudi, Venkata Kishore (Department of Communication Engineering, School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE), Vellore Institute of Technology) ;
- Kumar, Vijay (Department of Communication Engineering, School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE), Vellore Institute of Technology)
- 투고 : 2018.05.06
- 심사 : 2018.11.22
- 발행 : 2019.01.31
In this study, a compact series-fed center-fed open-stub (SFCFOS) linear array antenna for K-band applications is presented. The antenna is composed of a single-line 10-element linear array. A symmetrical Chebyshev amplitude distribution (CAD) is used to obtain a low sidelobe characteristic against a uniform amplitude distribution (UAD). The amplitude is controlled by varying the width of the microstrip patch elements, and open-ended stubs are arranged next to the last antenna element to use the energy of the radiating signal more effectively. We insert a series-fed stub between two patches and obtain a low mutual coupling for a 4.28-mm center-to-center spacing (
Chebyshev Amplitude Distribution (CAD);Linear Array;Microstrip;Series-Fed Center-Fed Open-Stub (SFCFOS);Uniform Amplitude Distribution (UAD)
- W. Menzel, "A 40 GHz microstrip array antenna," in Proceedings of IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Washington, DC, 1980, pp. 225-226.
- T. Metzler, "Microstrip series arrays," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 174-178, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1981.1142543
- Y. B. Jung, I. Yeom, and C. W. Jung, "Centre-fed series array antenna for K-/Ka-band electromagnetic sensors," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 588-593, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-map.2011.0355
- M. Hajian, J. Zijderveld, A. A. Lestari, and L. P. Ligthart, "Analysis, design and measurement of a series-fed microstrip array antenna for X-band INDRA: the Indonesian maritime radar," in Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Antennas and Propagation, Berlin, Germany, 2009, pp. 1154-1157.
- J. Hautcoeur, E. M. Cruz, J. Bartholomew, J. Sarrazin, Y. Mahe, and S. Toutain, "Low-cost printed antenna array built with hybrid feed for urban microwave links," IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 1320-1326, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-map.2009.0383
- H. Iizuka, K. Sakakibara, T. Watanabe, K. Sato, and K. Nishikawa, "Millimeter-wave microstrip array antenna with high efficiency for automotive radar systems," R&D Review of Toyota CRDL, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 7-12, 2002.
- M. Barba, "A high-isolation, wideband and dual-linear polarization patch antenna," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 1472-1476, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2008.922889
- B. Lee, S. Kwon, and J. Choi, "Polarisation diversity microstrip base station antenna at 2 GHz using t-shaped aperture-coupled feeds," IEE Proceedings-Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 148, no. 5, pp. 334-338, 2011.
- B. Li, Y. Z. Yin, W. Hu, Y. Ding, and Y. Zhao, "Wideband dual-polarized patch antenna with low cross polarization and high isolation," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 11, pp. 427-430, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2012.2195149
- J. Xiao, G. Dong, and M. Zhu, "A novel aperture coupled microstrip antenna array with low cross-polarization, low sidelobe and backlobe," in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT), Nanjing, China, 2004, pp. 223-226.
- Y. P. Saputra, F. Oktafiani, Y. Wahyu, and A. Munir, "Side lobe suppression for X-band array antenna using Dolph-Chebyshev power distribution," in Proceedings of the 22nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 2016, pp. 86-89.
- C. Niu, J. She, and Z. Feng, "Design and simulation of linear series-fed low-sidelobe microstrip antenna array," in Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), Bangkok, Thailand, 2007, pp. 1-4.
- J. Yin, Q. Wu, C. Yu, H. Wang, and W. Hong, "Low sidelobe-level series-fed microstrip antenna array of unequal interelement spacing," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, pp. 1695-1698, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2017.2666427
- M. R. Nikkhah, J. Rashed-Mohassel, and A. A. Kishk, "A low sidelobe and wideband series-fed dielectric resonator antenna array," in Proceedings of the 21st Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), Mashhad, Iran, 2013, pp. 1-3.
- W. Shen, J. Lin, and K. Yang, "Design of a V-band low sidelobe and wideband linear DRA array," in Proceedings of the Progress in Electromagnetic Research Symposium (PIERS), Shanghai, China, 2016, pp. 477-480.
- J. Lin, W. Shen, and K. Yang, "A low-sidelobe and wideband series-fed linear dielectric resonator antenna array," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, pp. 513-516, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2016.2586579
- R. Bayderkhani and H. R. Hassani, "Wideband and low sidelobe linear series fed Yagi-like antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, vol. 17, pp. 153-167, 2009. https://doi.org/10.2528/PIERB09072502
- R. Bayderkhani and H. R. Hassani, "Wideband and low sidelobe slot antenna fed by series-fed printed array," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 3898-3904, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2078437
- A. Tombak and A. Mortazawi, "A novel low-cost beamsteering technique based on the extended-resonance power-dividing method," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 664-670, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2003.822031
- E. Ojefors, S. Cheng, K. From, I. Skarin, P. Hallbjorner, and A. Rydberg, "Electrically steerable single-layer microstrip traveling wave antenna with varactor diode based phase shifters," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 2451-2460, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2007.904104
- D. Ehyaie and A. Mortazawi, "A new approach to design low cost, low complexity phased arrays," in Proceedings of IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Anaheim, CA, 2010, pp. 1270-1273.