- Volume 28 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Water Quality and Purification Load Assessment of Drain Water of Facility Horticulture Areas
시설원예 배출 배액의 수질환경 평가 및 정화 부하량 산정
- Son, Jinkwan (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Choi, Dekkyu (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kong, Minjae (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Yun, Sungwook (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Park, Minjung (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kang, Donghyeon (National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- 손진관 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 최덕규 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 공민재 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 윤성욱 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 박민정 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 강동현 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원)
- Received : 2019.11.20
- Accepted : 2019.12.05
- Published : 2019.12.31
Korea's protected horticulture is rapidly increasing in scale due to various advantages such as year-round harvesting, labor savings through automation and shortened culture period, and greater income generation. This study was conducted to investigate the impact of protected horticulture on water quality. The results of this study are expected to provide basic data contributing to improvements towards sustainable agriculture and eco-friendly design of protected horticulture complex. The average T-N and T-P loads from vinyl greenhouses were 286.55± 143.98 mg/L and 59.14±13.77 mg/L, respectively and those from glass greenhouses 380.68 ± 150.41 mg/L and 61.85±20.72 mg/L. The annual discharge of wastewater derived from the monthly discharge from the horticulture greenhouses were estimated at 2597 ton/ha, with the annual phosphorus load amounting to 155.3 kg/ha. The average T-N and T-P loads in the tested greenhouse effluents were in excess of 8.3- and 13.5-fold the standards for the Korean wastewater plant effluent. The waste nutrient solution discharged from a protected horticulture complex can cause water contamination. Therefore, there is a need to conduct follow-up research using a water purification system or a trench method to develop a eco-friendly protected horticulture complex for sustainable agriculture.
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Chungo Co., Ltd., 2016, Recycle supplying systems of nutrient solution of cultivation under structure used ICT, Korea Konzession, Application, 10-2016-0183339.
- Heo, J., Moon, S. C., Song, M. R., 2001, A Study on the Problem of Rural Sohd Waste in Korea, ECO, 1, 92-121.
- Hwang, S. H., Park, K. G., Shin, J. H., Lee, S. K., 2007, Relationship between the groundwater resistivity and NaCl equivalent salinity in western and southern coastal areas, Kor. Mulli-Tamsa, 10(4), 361-368.
- Jeoung, J. H., Park, S. K., 2003, Calculation of pumping rate considering the change of groundwater level, J. of KCID, 10(1), 64-72.
- Kaneki, R., 2003, Reduction of effluent nitrogen and phosphorus from paddy fields, Paddy Water Env., 1, 133-138. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10333-003-0020-5
- Kang, B. H., Son, J. K., 2011, The study on the evaluation of environment function at small stream : In the case of Hongdong Stream in Hongsung-gun, J. Kor. Env. Res. Tech., 14(5), 81-101.
- Kim, J. H., Lee, J. S., Ryu, J. S., Lee, K. D., Jung, G. B., Kim, W. I., Lee, J. T. Kwun, S. K., 2005, Characteristics of non-point pollurants discharge in a small agriculrural watershed during farming season, Kor. J. Environ. Agri., 24(2), 77-82. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2005.24.2.077
- Ko, D. K., Kwon, J. K., Lee, E. H., 2013, Starting and development of the horticulture industry, Korea. J. of Korean soc. for Hor. Sci., Separate, 458-489.
- Kong, M. J., Lee, S. Y., Kang, D. H., Park, M. J., Yun, S. W., Shin, J. H., Son, J. K., 2017, A Study on the image evaluation for the improvement of the landscape of horticultural complex in rural area, J. of Pro. hor. and pla. fac., 26(2), 78-86.
- Korea Environment Corporation, 2011, The sludge situation on-site investigation report generated from a public sewage treatment plant, KECO.
- Lee, J. H., 2004, The optimum schemes for the removal of Nitrogen and Phosphorus in industrial wastewater, Graduate School of Ajou University, Master thesis, Suwon, Korea.
- Lee, S. J., Kim, Y. I., 2014, Improvement on management of non-point source pollution for reasonable implementation of TMDL : Focusing on selection of non-point source pollution management region and management of non-point source pollutant, J. Kor. Soc. Environ. Eng., 36(10), 719-723. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.10.719
- Ministry of Agricultural Food and Rural Affairs, 2014a, 2013 Greenhouse Status and Vegetable Production Performance, MAFRA.
- Ministry of Agricultural Food and Rural Affairs, 2014b, 2013 Greenhouse Status and Vegetable Production Performances, MAFRA.
- Ministry of Agriculture Food and Rural Affairs, 2017, The organic law about agriculture, farming village & food industry, MAFRA.
- Ministry of Agricultural Food and Rural Affairs, 2019, 2018 Greenhouse Status and Vegetable Production Performance, MAFRA.
- Ministry of Environment, 2012a, Research on appropriate management of rural waste, MOE.
- Ministry of Environment, 2012b, Nonpoint pollution source management II, 9-16, MOE.
- Ministry of Environment, 2014, 2013 Public sewage treatment operation management status analysis result, MOE.
- Ministry of Environment, 2014, White paper of environment, 160-168, MOE.
- Ministry of Environment, 2016, 2014 Sewage statistics, MOE.
- Ministry of Environment, 2018, Korea Sewer Information System, MOE. https://www.hasudoinfo.or.kr.
- Rural Development Administration, 2006, Mitigation Effect on Non-point Source Pollution by Rice Cultivation in Paddy Field, RDA.
- Rural Development Administration, 2008, Nongsaro Homepage, RDA. https://www.nangsaro.go.kr.
- Sanchez-Picon, A., Aznar-Sanchez, J. A., Garcia-Latorre, J., 2011, Economic cycles and environmental crisis in arid southeastern Spain. A historical perspective, J. of Arid Env., 75, 1360-1367. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaridenv.2010.12.014
- ShinHAN A-TEC Co., Ltd., 2016, Sterilizing method of waste nutrient solution using uv lamp., Korea Konzession, Application, 10-2016-0147011.
- Son, J. K., Kang, B. H., Kim, N. C., 2010, The analysis of water and soil environment at farm pond depression, J. Korean Env. Res. Tech., 13(3), 46-62.
- Son, J. K., Kim, C. H., Yun, S. W., Kong, M. J., Choi, D. K., Kang, D. H., Park, M. J., Kand, B. H., 2018, A Study on the emission characteristic and improvement plan of domestic sewage (NPS) in Rural Area, J. of The Korean So. of Rural Planning, 24(4), 37-46. https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2018.24.4.037
- Son, J. K., Kong, M. J., Kang, D. H., Kang, B. H., Yun, S. W., Lee, S. Y., 2016b, The comparative studies on the terrestrial insect diversity in protected horticulture complex and paddy wetland, J. of Wet. Res., 18(4), 395-402.
- Son, J. K., Kong, M. J., Kang, D. H., Park, M. J., Yun, S. W., Lee, S. Y., 2016a, The change analysis of plant diversity in protected horticulture of agricultural ecosystems, J. of Wet. Res., 18(2), 173-182. https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2016.18.2.173
- Son, J. K., Shin, M. J., Shin, Y. K., Yun, S. W., Kang, D. H., Park, M. J., Lee, S. Y., 2017, A Function and weight selection of ecosystem service function for the eco-friendly protected horticulture complex in agricultural landscape, J. of Wet. Res., 19(4), 533-541. https://doi.org/10.17663/JWR.2017.19.4.533
- Takeda, I., Fukushima, A., Tanakab, R., 1997, Non-point pollutant reduction in a paddy-field watershed using a circular irrigation system, Water Res., 31(11), 2685-2692. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00117-6
- Wang, Y. L., Fan, P., Kim, D. B., So, K .S., 2009, A Study on the problems and countermeasures of environmental pollution caused by China's rural development : Enlightened from the semaul movement in Korea, The Korean J. of Local Gov. & Admin. Studies, 23(1), 159-178.
- Yang, N. I., 2017, The study on capacity of small scale sewerage facilities in Korea, Yonsei University Master's Thesis, Seoul, Korea.