- Volume 28 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Basic Study on the Activation of Tourism Resources Using Coastal Landscape Components - A Case Study of the Goheung Woodoo ~ Woocheon Village -
해안경관구성요소를 활용한 관광자원활성 방안에 대한 기초 연구 - 고흥 우두~우천마을 일원을 대상으로 -
- Yeom, Sung-Jin (Department of Landscape Architecture, Hankyong National University)
- 염성진 (국립한경대학교 조경학과)
- Received : 2019.10.14
- Accepted : 2019.11.04
- Published : 2019.12.31
Plans to utilize the resources of the coast guard are underway for the revitalization of the area and the development of tourism resources in recent years. As most of the plans have been focused on some specific factors such as geographical or regional conditions, and therefore systematic approaches are needed in corporation with other related projects. This study suggested the measures on activating the coastal tourism resources for Woodoo~Woocheon village in Goheung-gun by using the coastal landscape elements. The current status of natural environment and tourism resources for coastal regions were investigated in Woodoo~Woocheon village and plans for enhancing connectivity with local residents were suggested. Based on the scenic values of coastal region, landscape were assessed from the perspective of the sustainable coastal tourism resources in the future. Several solutions were suggested to enhance tour values; coastal deck road to enhance connectivity between resources and accessibility of foreign tourists, social communication among local residents and authorities, continuous development of cultural and historic resources in local area. In addition, information signs and new stair ways would be needed to improve the accessibility of tourists. In the future, if the plan for this study was to generate profitability with persistence, it suggested that there was a way to move forward in conjunction with the profit rate local projects distributed around it.
- Chae, D. R., 2012, Gyeongnam coast walking route plan, Gyeongnam development institute, 1-41.
- Goheung country, 2019, http://www.goheung.go.kr.
- Kim, H. D., 2013, A Study on planning and activation of Namhaean walking trail, Gyeongnam development institute, 1-127.
- Kim, H. G., 2016, A Study on the characteristics of geomorphological . geological landscapes distributed in the southwest coast of Daeseo, Goheunggun, Journal of Korean island, 28, 189-201.
- Kim, Y. G., Choi, J. M., 2012, Preliminary landscape improvement plan for Gu-ryong village, Journal of the Korean institute of traditional landscape architecture, 40, 23-34.
- Korea forest service, 2019, http://www.forest.go.kr.
- Korea ministry of government legislation, 2019, http://www.moleg.go.kr.
- Lee, J. H., 2003, A Study on landscape management in coastal area, Korea maritime institute, 33-72.
- Ministy of environment, 2019, https://egis.me.go.kr.
- Ministry of land, Infrastructure and transport, 2019, http://www.molit.go.kr.
- National institute of environmental, 2009, Research on coastal landscape and the conservational strategy (2007-2009), 33-221.
- Nho, Y. R., 2008, A Study on the image evaluation of costral landsape components, Ph. D. Dissertation, Chosun University, Gwangju.
- Seo, J. C., 2013, Characteristics of the coastal landforms in Yeonpyeong Island, Journal of Korean association of regional geographers, 19, 223-233.
- Youn, S. H., 2007, A Study on the landscape management in coastal area, Journal of Korean urban management association, 20, 51-75.