- Volume 28 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of User Satisfaction and Image Preference of University Students for Cherry Blossom Campus Trail
대학생들의 캠퍼스 벚꽃터널 산책로 이용 만족도와 이미지 선호도 평가
- Lee, In-Gyu (Graduate Department of Environmental Science and Landscape Architecture, Daegu Catholic University) ;
- Eom, Boong-Hoon (Graduate Department of Environmental Science and Landscape Architecture, Daegu Catholic University)
- Received : 2019.08.04
- Accepted : 2019.10.20
- Published : 2019.12.31
This study investigated Post-Occupancy Evaluation (POE) of cherry blossom trails 'Cherry Road' in Daegu Catholic Univ. campus, at Gyeonsan-city, Korea. The evaluation focused on image preference and satisfaction of users i.e., students, using questionnaire surveys. A total 201 questionnaire samples were analyzed and most of the respondents were in the age group of 20. Frequency analysis was conducted on demographics, use behavior, reliability, and means. Factor analysis and multiple regression analysis were conducted for user satisfaction and image preference. Over 80% of visitors came with companions during daytime. The most common motives for use were strolling and walking, event and meeting, passing. For user satisfaction the mean scores were highest for landscape beauty (4.22), image improvement (4.14), campus image (4.08). Night lighting facility received the lowest score (3.32). Factor analysis concerning user satisfaction was categorized into environment-human behavior and physical factors. Multiple regression analysis showed that the overall satisfaction of user was significantly influenced by five independent variables: 'harmonious' (β=.214), 'night lighting facility' (β=.173), 'landscape beauty' (β=.208), 'lawn care' (β=.154), and 'walking trails' (β=.123). The mean scores of image variables were highest for 'beautiful' (5.81), 'bright' (5.67), and 'open' (5.64). The lowest scores was for 'quiet' (4.47). Exploratory factor analysis led to three factors being categorized: aesthetics, comforts, and simplicity. Result of multiple regression analysis indicated that the preference of space image was significantly influenced by five variables: 'bright' (β=.397), 'refreshing' (β=.211), 'cool' (β=.219), 'clean' (β=.182), and 'natural' (β=.-142). Hence, Cherry Road has a high level of user satisfaction and image evaluation, which is interpreted as having various cultural events and value for students on campus. To improve the satisfaction of Cherry Road in the future, it is necessary to secure night lighting, to manage trash cans, and to secure rest space.
Supported by : 대구가톨릭대학교
- Cheon, Y. S., 2009, A Case study on the building of green campus - In case of S university -, Jour. of Korean Res. Asso. for the Business Education, 23(1), 141-174.
- Cho, K. C., Seong, S. T., Yang, S. W., 2011, The comparative analysis on the characteristic for elements of green, Journal of Urban Design Institute of Korea Urban Design, 12(5), 91-102.
- Cho, W. H., Yun, H. J., Im, S. B., 2011, A Study on visitor satisfaction for Bukhansan Dulegil, Journal of Kor. Inst. of Landscape Arch, 39(4), 60-73. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2011.39.4.060
- Eom, B. H.. Han, S. M., 1997, User's response to the type of campus layouts - based on perceived safety and landscape visual preferences -, Jour. of Kor. Inst. of Land. Arch., 25(2), 104-116.
- Eom, B. H., Jung., K. Y., 2015, Changes in image of exterior spaces by remodelling of campus - focused on Hyosung campus CUD -, J. Natural Sci. Res. Inst. of DCU, 13(1), 41-47.
- Jang, E. T., 2016, Analysis of user satisfaction and image preference for outdoor space of dormitory in university, M. S. Dissert. of Grad. Sch. Daegu Catholic Univ., 36.
- Kang, B. H., Cho., S. J., Son, J. K., Shin, J. H., 2012, The study on the satisfaction and image of passenger at section seven in Olle-gil, J. Korean Soc. of Rural Planning, 18(3), 13-24. https://doi.org/10.7851/ksrp.2012.18.3.013
- Kim, D. C., Kim, S. W., Kim, M. R., 2012, A Study on the image characteristics of visual perception in Bukchon-streetscape, J. Korean Inst. of Trad. Land. Arch., 30(2), 110-118.
- Kim, D. S., W. S. Lee., S. G. Jung., 2015, An Analysis on the determining factors of satisfaction for environmental improvement of trails around recreation Park - focused on Suseong Recreation Park in Daegu -, J. Korean Inst. of Land. Arch., 43(5), 28-39. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2015.43.5.028
- Kim, H. S., Kang, H. K., Back, S. J., 2013, User satisfaction and preference of hotel roof garden, J. Korean Soc, People Plants Environ, 16(4), 199-207. https://doi.org/10.11628/ksppe.2013.16.4.199
- Kim, J. P., Kim, Y. S., 2007, A Study on the meaning and revitalization strategy of landscape architecture in university campus, J. Korean Inst. of Educ. Facilit., 14(1), 14-22.
- Kim, S. B., Kim, J. S., Oh., D. K., 2010, Visitors' evaluation of trail in the Hanbat Arboretum: A Case importance-satisfaction analysis, J. Korean Forest Soc., 99(3), 404-413.
- Kim, S. B., Moon, H. S., 2008, A Way to make a eco-campus in a point of view of landscape architecture - the case of Keimyung Univ. (Seongseo Campus) in Daegu Korea -, J. Keimyung Kor. Stud., 36, 139-169.
- Kim, S. B., Ryu., M. J., 1992, Analysis on user attitudes and satisfaction factor of university campus with special reference to Keimyung University, J. Nakdong River Env. Res. Inst., 4(1), 53-77.
- Kim, S. O., 2005, Importance-performance analysis on managerial conditions of trails by trail section, J. Korean Forest. Soc., 94(6), 351-361.
- Korea Forest Service, 2017, Forest road composition and Operations Management Manual.
- Shin, J. Y., Jung, S. G., 2014, Evaluation of streetscape by street planting types using dynamic simulation, J. Korean Inst. of Land. Arch., 42(1), 89-103. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2014.42.1.089
- Shin, J. Y., Jung, S. G., Kim, K. T., Lee, W. S., 2011, Evaluation of seasonal landscape images and preference of streetscapes - focusing on street of prunus species -, J. Korean Inst. of Land. Arch., 39(3), 51-63. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2011.39.3.051
- Suh, J. H., Yeu, H. J., 2014, A Study on the visual preference of street tres design type, J. Korean Design Knowl. Soc., 29(1), 94-104.
- Suh, Y. J., 2009, A Study on the visual preference of streetscape considering the cognition characteristics structure, M. S. Dissert. of Grad. Sch. Hanyang Univ., 100.
- Yoo, K. J., 2014, A Study on users' attitude toward the forest trails -focused on the Jirisan Dulegil-, J. Korean Env. and Ecol., 28(2), 247-252. https://doi.org/10.13047/KJEE.2014.28.2.247
- Yun, Y. K., Lee, M. S., 2013, A Study on the comprehensive planning of sustainable green campus, J. Korean Inst. of Educ. Facilit., 20(5), 9-26.