- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Seismic performance and design method of PRC coupling beam-hybrid coupled shear wall system
- Tian, Jianbo (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Wang, Youchun (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Jian, Zheng (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Li, Shen (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology) ;
- Liu, Yunhe (School of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Xi'an University of Technology)
- Received : 2018.06.01
- Accepted : 2018.12.15
- Published : 2019.01.25
The seismic behavior of PRC coupling beam-hybrid coupled shear wall system is analyzed by using the finite element software ABAQUS. The stress distribution of steel plate, reinforcing bar in coupling beam, reinforcing bar in slab and concrete is investigated. Meanwhile, the plastic hinges developing law of this hybrid coupled shear wall system is also studied. Further, the effect of coupling ratio, section dimensions of coupling beam, aspect ratio of single shear wall, total height of structure and the role of slab on the seismic behavior of the new structural system. A fitting formula of plate characteristic values for PRC coupling beams based on different displacement requirements is proposed through the experimental date regression analysis of PRC coupling beams at home and abroad. The seismic behavior control method for PRC coupling beam-hybrid coupled shear wall system is proposed based on the continuous connection method and through controlling the coupling ratio, the roof displacement, story drift angle of hybrid coupled shear wall system, displacement ductility of coupling beam.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation
- CEP-FIP Model Code 90 (1993), Model Code for Concrete Structures, Thomas Telford, London, UK.
- Cheng, M.Y, Fikri, R. and Chen, C.C. (2014), "Experimental study of reinforced concrete and hybrid coupled shear wall systems", Eng. Struct., 82, 214-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2014.10.039
- GB50011-2010 (2010), Code for Seismic Design of Buildings, China Architecture Industry Press, Beijing, China.
- Gong, B. and Shahrooz, B.M. (2001), "Steel-concrete composite coupling beams-behavior and design", Eng. Struct., 23(11), 1480-1490. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(01)00042-6
- Harries, K.A. and EERI, M. (2001), "Ductility and deformability of coupling beams in reinforced concrete shear walls", Earthq. Spectra, 17(3), 457-478. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1586184
- Harries, K.A., EERI, M., Gong, B. and Shahrooz, B.M. (2000), "Behavior and design of reinforced concrete, steel, and steel-concrete coupling beams", Earthq. Spectra, 16(4), 775-799. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1586139
- Harries, K.A., Mitchell, D., Redwood, R.G. and Cook, W.D. (1998), "Nonlinear seismic response predictions of walls coupled with steel and concrete beams", Can. J. Civil Eng., 25(5), 803-818. https://doi.org/10.1139/l98-015
- Hou, W., Xu, S.L. Ji, D.S., Li, Q.H. and Lin, G. (2018), "Cyclic performance of steel plate-reinforced high toughness-concrete coupling beams with different span-to-depth ratios", J. Struct. Eng., 144(10), 1-11.
- Hou, W., Xu, S.L., Ji, D.S., Li, Q.H. and Zhang, P. (2019), "Seismic performance of steel plate reinforced high toughness concrete coupling beams with different steel plate ratios", Compos. Part B: Eng., 159(15), 199-210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2018.09.100
- Huang, D.S., Cheng, W.X. and Peng, F. (2005), "Low-cycle loading experiment study on symmetric double short-pier shear walls", J. Build. Struct., 26(3), 51-56. https://doi.org/10.3321/j.issn:1000-6869.2005.03.007
- Hung, C.C. and Lu, W.T. (2015), "Towards achieving the desired seismic performance for hybrid coupled structural walls", Earthq. Struct., 9(6), 1251-1272. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2015.9.6.1251
- Saenz, L.P. (1964), "Discussion of equation for the stress-strain curve of concrete by Desayi and Krishnan", ACI Struct. J., 61(9), 1229-1235.
- Seongwoo, G., Myoungsu, S., Benjamin, P. and Deokjung, L. (2014), "Nonlinear modeling parameters of RC coupling beams in a coupled wall system", Earthq. Struct., 7(5), 817-842. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2014.7.5.817
- Shahrooz, B.M., Remmetter, M.E. and Qin, F. (1993), "Seismic design and performance of composite coupled walls", J. Struct. Eng., 119(11), 3291-3309. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1993)119:11(3291)
- Su, R.K.L., Lam, W.Y and Pam, H.J. (2008), "Behavior of embedded steel plate in composite coupling beams", J. Constr. Steel Res., 64(10), 1112-1128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2007.09.013
- Tian, J.B., Shi, Q.X., Wang, N., Wang, P. and Pan, X.Z. (2016), "Analysis of shear capacity of steel-concrete composite coupling beams with small span and height ratio based on softened tension-compression bar model", Eng. Mech., 33(5), 142-149.
- Wang, P., Shi, Q.X., Wang, F. and Wang, Q.W. (2017), "Experimental investigation of SRHSC columns under biaxial loading", Earthq. Struct., 13(5), 485-496. https://doi.org/10.12989/EAS.2017.13.5.485