- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Dynamic State Changes between Temporary Non-Use and Use: Approached by Grounded Theory Methodology
일시적 비사용과 사용 간의 동태적 상태 변화에 대한 연구: 근거이론방법론에 의한 접근
- 이웅규 (대구대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2019.12.01
- Accepted : 2019.12.29
- Published : 2019.12.31
Purpose The purpose of this study is to investigate the nature of temporal non-use, namely, the type of temporal non-use and the dynamic relationships between temporary non-use and use by expanding the model of dynamic state transition of non-use which is proposed by the previous study. Design/methodology/approach This study adopted grounded theory methodology as a research methodology. Fifteen university students were interviewed for open coding and for selected coding which leads the research model ten students were interviewed. Findings Based on the coding, the types of use were divided into interactive use and one-way use, and the types of temporal use were classified into temporal non-use in which use is intended and temporal non-use in which use is not intended. The dynamic transition model is presented for each type of use and temporalnon-use, and an integrated model that combines them is presented. This study found the following four things: First, all non-use can be temporal Second, there are different types of temporal non-use. Third, the pattern of use is not just one, but new patterns will continue to emerge. Fourth, we found a change in the function of SNS.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 박경자, "SocialNetwork Sevice 수용 후 사용회피에 관한 연구: 페이스북 사용자를 중심으로", 정보시스템연구, 제24권 제1호, 2015, pp. 147-168.
- 박경자, 유일, "행동경제학 관점에서 본 SNS사용중단에 관한 의사결정: 심적회계이론과 제한된 합리성을 중심으로", 인터넷전자상거래연구, 제14권, 제4호, 2014, pp. 377-398
- 박상철, 채성욱(2014), "스마트워크 환경에서 스마트 기기 활용에 따른 사용자 저항과 개인 생산성에 관한 연구", 정보시스템연구, 2014, 제23권, 제3호, pp. 143-164
- 유형욱, 손달호, "SNS중단의도의 결정요인: 합리적 선택이론 및 사회적 비교이론을 중심으로", 정보시스템연구, 제26권, 제4호, 2017, pp. 39-62.
- 이웅규(2018), "정보기술 비사용의 결정요인과 동태적 성격의 규명: 근거이론방법론에 의한 질적연구," 정보시스템연구, 제27권, 제1호, 2018, pp.1-20.
- 이웅규, 박진훈, "정보기술 비수용에 영향을 미치는 요인: 근거이론에 의한 접근", 정보시스템연구, 제24권, 제4호, 2015, 83-97.
- Bhattacherjee, A., "Understanding Information Systems Continuance: An Expectation-Confirmation Model", MIS Quarterly, 25(3), 2001. 351-37 https://doi.org/10.2307/3250921
- Cenfetelli, R. T., and Schwarz, A., "Identifying and testing the inhibitors of technology usageintentions," Information Systems Research, Vol. 22, No. 4, 2011, pp.808-823. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.1100.0295
- Golafshani, N., "Understanding Reliability and Validity in Qualitative Research", The Qualitative Report, Vol. 8, No. 4, 2003, pp. 597-607.
- Ivan, I., Shadow Work. Salem, New Hampshire andLondon: Marion Boyars, 1981.
- Kim, H. W., and Kankanhali, A., "Investigating user resistance toinformation systems implementation: A status quo bias perspective," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 33, No. 3, 2009, pp.567-582. https://doi.org/10.2307/20650309
- Lambert, C., Shadow Work: The Unpaid, Unseen JobsThat Fill Your Day, Counterpoint Press, 2015.
- Lee, E. J., Kwon, K. N., and Schumann, D. W., "Segmenting theon-adopter categoryin the diffusion of internet banking," International Journal of BankMarketing, Vol. 23, No. 5, 2005, pp. 414-437.
- Markus, M. L., "Power, politics, and MISimplementation," Communication of the ACM, Vol. 26, No. 6, 1983, pp.430-444. https://doi.org/10.1145/358141.358148
- Ozdemir, S., and Trott, P., "Exploring the adoption of a serviceinnovation: A study of Internet banking adopters and non-adopters," Journal of Financial Services Marketing,Vol. 13, NO. 4, 2009, pp. 284-299. https://doi.org/10.1057/fsm.2008.25
- Polites, G. L., and Karahanna, E., "Shackledto the status quo: the inhibiting effects of incumbent system habit, switchingcosts, and inertia on new system acceptance," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 36, No. 1, 2012, pp. 21-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/41410404
- Strauss A. and Corbin, J., Basics of QualitativeResearch: Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory, 2nd ed.Sage., 1998.
- Thomson, S. B., "Qualitative Research: Validity", Journal of Administrationand Governance, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2011, pp. 77-82.
- Venkatesh, V., and Brown, S., "A longitudinalinvestigation of personal computers in homes: adoption determinants andemerging challenges," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 25, No. 1, 2001, pp.71-102. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250959