- Volume 5 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Simplified Forensic Analysis Using List of Deleted Files in IoT Envrionment
사물인터넷 환경에서 삭제된 파일의 목록을 이용한 포렌식 분석 간편화
- Lim, Jeong-Hyeon (Div. of Information Communication, BaekSeok University) ;
- Lee, Keun-Ho (Div. of Information Communication, BaekSeok University)
- Received : 2019.04.18
- Accepted : 2019.06.27
- Published : 2019.06.30
With the rapid development of the information society, the use of digital devices has increased dramatically and the importance of technology for analyzing them has increased. Digital evidence is stored in many places such as Prefetch, Recent, Registry, and Event Log even if the user has deleted it. Therefore, there is a disadvantage that the forensic analyst can not grasp the files used by the user at the beginning. Therefore, in this paper, we propose a method that the RemoveList folder exists so that the user can grasp the information of the deleted file first, and the information about the deleted file is automatically saved by using AES in RemoveList. Through this, it can be expected that the analyst can alleviate the difficulty of initially grasping the user's PC.
Supported by : 백석대학교
- I.R.Jeong, D.W.Hong and K.I.Chung, "Technologies and Trends of Digital Forensics", Vol.22, No.1, pp.97-104, 2007.
- S.H.Kim, E,C, Kim, J,M, Kim, S.Y.Hwang, J.H.Song and S.J.Lee, "macOS Forensic Analysis Technique", Vol.11, No.3, pp.14-28, 2017.
- I.Yoon, "The Research about the User Attribution Method of Digital Files", Vol.11, No.1, pp. 73-93, 2017. https://doi.org/10.22798/KDFS.2017.11.1.73
- J.S.Jun, "Windows System Forensic", Vol.26, No.5, pp.6-16, 2016.
- "[Tech Report] Analyze 'Time', Time is 'Imformation'", AhnLab, last modified Jan 8. 2013, accessed July 4. 2019, https://www.ahnlab.com/kr/site/securityinfo/secunews/secuNewsView.do?menu_dist=2&seq=20374
- S.R.Kang, S.R.Kim, J,Y.Cho and J.S.Kim, "Development of Integrated Jump Lists Parser and Its Utilization in Forensic", Vol.11, No.1, pp.1-15, 2017. https://doi.org/10.22798/KDFS.2017.11.1.1
- E.J.Kim, K.B,Kim and H,N,Hwang, "How To Identify Accessed Files Based On NTFS Filesystem", Vol.11, No.2, pp.1-17, 2017.
- H.G.Kim, D.W.Kim and J.S.Kim, "Study on Forensic Analysis with Access Control Modification for Registry", Vol.26, No.5, pp. 1131-1139, 2016.
- S.J.Oh and K,H.Kim, "A Study on The Procedure Analysis Vulnerability for Security Incidents Using The Registry Parsing", The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, pp. 287-290, 2016.
- "Analysis of infringement incident using Windows registry analysis", IGLOOSECURITY, last modified Apr 4. 2018, accessed July 4. 2019, http://www.igloosec.co.kr/BLOG_%EC%9C%88%EB%8F%84%EC%9A%B0%20%EB%A0%88%EC%A7%80%EC%8A%A4%ED%8A%B8%EB%A6%AC%20%EB%B6%84%EC%84%9D%EC%9D%84%20%EC%9D%B4%EC%9A%A9%ED%95%9C%20%EC%B9%A8%ED%95%B4%EC%82%AC%EA%B3%A0%20%EB%B6%84%EC%84%9D%20%EA%B8%B0%EB%B2%95?searchItem=&searchWord=&bbsCateId=17&gotoPage=1
- S,R.Kang, S.R.Kim, M.S.Park and J.S.Kim, "Study on Windows Event Log-Based Corporate Security Audit and Malware Detection", Vol.28, No.3, pp.591-603, 2018.
- Y.H.Shin, J.Y.Cheon and J.S.Kim, "Study on Recovery Techniques for the Deleted or Damaged Event Log(EVTX) Files", Vol.26, No.2, pp.387-396, 2016.
- "Windows log management and analysis method", AhnLab, last modified May 8. 2006, accessed July 4. 2019, https://www.ahnlab.com/kr/site/securityinfo/secunews/se cuNewsView.do?menu_dist=3&seq=7887
- M.S.Lee and S.J.Lee, "A Study on the Setting Method of the File System Audit Function of Windows for Enhancing Forensic Readiness", Vol.27, No.1, pp.79-90, 2017.
- S.H.Kim, J.H.Han and S.J.Lee, "A Study on Detecting Data Hiding Area of Removable Storage Device Based on Flash Memory", Vol.12, No.2, pp.21-29, 2018.
- C.U.Park and S.J.Lee, "Digital Evidence Collection Procedure for Hardware Unique Information Collection", Vol.28, No.4, pp.839-845, 2018.