- Volume 5 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Smart Contract based Copyright Protection Model for Wisdom Contents Distribution
지혜콘텐츠 유통에 적합한 스마트계약 기반 저작권 보호 모델
- Yun, Sunghyun (Division of ICT, Baekseok University)
- 윤성현 (백석대학교 ICT학부)
- Received : 2019.06.23
- Accepted : 2019.10.21
- Published : 2019.12.31
Wisdom contents is made by an ordinary person and contains life tips helpful in general. As the existing copyright management systems are designed for the corporate or professional authors, it's not easy to use and requires high cost for the ordinary person to get the copyright. Blockchain based system can notarize the block of transactions without help of trustful third party such as existing copyright protection center. Thus, blockchain based copyright protection model is needed to protect the ordinary author's copyright. In this study, we propose the smart contract based copyright protection model which run on the blockchain network. The proposed model consists of smart contract creation, contents purchase and profit sharing stages. The digital signature scheme is used to get the contract agreed by the seller and the author. The smart contract stores the author information, contents information and the percentage of the share as states. If the contents is sold, the sales tokens are redistributed to the author and the seller according to the share. The proposed model can be applied to the ordinary person's copyright registration and management for Wisdom contents distributed in cafe, blog, YouTube, etc.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R.Modi, Solidity Programming Essentials, Packet Publishing, 2018.
- Ethereum Foundation, https://ethereum.org/, 2019.
- Melanie Swan, Blockchain, O'Reilly, 2015.
- A.M.Antonopoulos, Mastering Bitcoin 2nd Edition, O'Reilly, 2017.
- T.Tagomori, Blockchain Programming for the Engineer, Hanbit Media, 2018.
- H.S.Lim, Development of distribution and diffusion service technology through individual and Collective Intelligence to digital contents, ICT R&D program of MSIP/IITP 1st Year Annual Report, 2014.
- J.H.Han and O.J.Cho, "Platform business Eco-model evolution: case study on KakaoTalk in Korea," Journal of Open Innovation, DOI:10.1186/s40852- 015-0006-8, 2015.
- Korea Copyright Protection Agency, https://www. kcopa.or.kr, 2019.
- D.Hinchcliffe, "The app store: The new 'must-have' digital business model, http://www.zdnet.com/article/the-app-store-the-new-must-have-digital-business-model, 2010.
- Business Model Breakdown - Quirky.com, http://www.lumosforbusiness.com/blog/722/28-06-2010/%20Business+Model+Breakdown++%20Quirkycom, 2010.
- W.Zeng, H.Yu, and C.Y.Lin, Multimedia Security Technologies for Digital Right Management, Elsevier, 2006.
- A.Piva, F.Bartolini, and M.Barni, "Managing copyright in open networks," IEEE Internet Computing, pp.18-26, 2002.
- R.Bill, T.Bill, and M.Stephen, Digital Right Management: Business and Technology, M&T Books, 2002.
- Korea Copyright Commission https://www.copyright.or.kr, 2019.
- Copyright Registration, https://www.mcst.go.kr/kor/s_policy/copyright/knowledge, 2019.