- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Investigating the Use of Mobile Learning Applications and Their Influencing Factors: A Comparative Study of Chinese and Korean Users
모바일 러닝 애플리케이션 이용과 영향 요인 연구: 중국과 한국 사용자 비교 연구
- Received : 2019.08.30
- Accepted : 2019.11.05
- Published : 2019.12.31
In the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, digital transformation is emerging in the education and learning fields. As the use of the mobile Internet and mobile devices has become a daily life, mobile learning that supports a variety of learning in a mobile environment is drawing attention. Mobile learning applications (apps) are expected to expand their use by providing a convenient learning environment anytime, anywhere. This study investigates the use of mobile learning apps in English education, which is one of the most popular learning areas, and empirically examines the factors that influence the continuous use of mobile learning apps. In particular, it analyzes the differences between Chinese and Korean users. The results of this study provide theoretical and practical implications to promote the development of mobile apps suitable for mobile learning environments and the sustainable user growth in mobile learning.
- 배두환 2010. "무선인터넷 사용의도에 관한 연구," e-비즈니스연구 (11:5), pp. 55-70.
- 손맥, 조은영, 김희웅 2014. "e 러닝 성공 평가에 관한 연구," 지식경영연구 (15:2), pp. 67-88.
- 이애리, 강경희, 이중정 2011. "스마트폰 수용 단계별 앱스토어 이용 성향 비교 분석: 개인 특성과 기술인식 성향 중심으로," Entrue journal of information technology (10:2), pp. 181-198.
- 이애리, 이상종, 김경규, 권혁준 2016. "크라우드펀딩 플랫폼을 통한 대중적 투자 활성화 방안 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지 (16:11), pp. 644-660.
- 유일, 김재전, 신선진 2005. "고객센터의 과업-매체 적합과 사용자 만족에 관한 연구," 경영정보학연구 (15:4), pp. 62-63.
- 유재호, 이애리, 김경규 2016. "페이스북에서의 프라이버시 패러독스 현상 연구: 듀얼팩터이론을 중심으로," 지식경영연구 (17:1), pp. 17-47.
- 장형, 고준, 김균수 2016. "모바일 인스턴트 메신저 사용자의 지속사용행동에 대한 영향요인과 습관의 조절효과: WeChat을 중심으로," 정보시스템연구 (25:3), pp. 61-90.
- MNB. 2014. "초중고에서 성인까지... 커지는 스마트 러닝 시장," 머니에스, Retrieved August 2019, from http://mnb.moneys.mt.co.kr/mnbview.php?no=2014111110008056768.
- Adkins, S. S. 2015. " 2014-2019 China mobile learning market," Ambient Insight, Retrieved August 2019, from http://www.ambientinsight.com/Reports/MobileLearning.asp#section1/.
- Agarwal, R. E., and Karahanna, E. 2000. "Time Files When You're Having Fun - Cognitive Absorption and Beliefs about Information Technology Usage," MIS Quarterly (24:4), pp. 665-694. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250951
- Al-Emran, M., Elsherif, H. M., and Shaalan, K. 2016. "Investigating attitudes towards the use of mobile learning in higher education," Computers in Human behavior (56), pp. 93-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2015.11.033
- Bandura, A. 1977. Self-efficacy: The exercise of control, New York: W. Freeman and Company.
- Bhattacherjee, A. 2001. "Understanding information systems continuance: A expectation-confirmation model," MIS Quarterly (25:3), pp. 351-370. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250921
- Briz-Ponce, L., Pereira, A., Carvalho, L., Juanes-Mendez, J. A., and Garcia-Penalvo, F. J. 2017. "Learning with mobile technologies-Students' behavior," Computers in Human Behavior (72), pp. 612-620. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.05.027
- Chin, W. W., Marcolin, B. L., and Newsted, P. R. 2003. "A partial least squares latent variable modeling approach for measuring interaction effects: Results from a Monte Carlo simulation study and an electronicmail emotion/adoption study," Information systems research (14:2), pp. 189-217. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.18.104.22.16818
- Chu, Y., and Huang, L. 2008. "Mobile technologies adoption: an exploratory case study," Tsinghua Science & Technology (13:3), pp. 300-305. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1007-0214(08)70048-8
- D' Ambra, J., and Rice, R E. 2001. "Emerging factors in user evaluation of the World Wide Web," Information & Management (38:6), pp. 373-384. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(00)00077-X
- Davis, F. D. 1989. "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology," MIS Quarterly (13:3), pp. 319-340. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- Dishaw, M. T., and Strong, D. M. 1999. "Extending the technology acceptance model with task-technofogy fit constructs," Information & Management (36:1), pp. 9-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(98)00101-3
- Fornell, C., and Larcker, D. F. 1981. "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error," Journal of Marketing Research (18:1), pp. 39-50. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378101800104
- Gefen, D., Straub, D., and Boudreau, M. C. 2000. "Structural equation modeling and regression: Guidelines for research practice," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (4:1), pp. 1-77.
- Goodhue, D. L. 1998. "Development and measurement validity of a task-technology fit instrument for user evaluations of information systems," Decision Sciences (29:1), pp. 105-138. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1998.tb01346.x
- Goodhue, D. L., and Klein, B. D., and March, S. T. 2000. "User evaluations of IS as surrogates for objective performance," Information & Management (38:2), pp. 87-101. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(00)00057-4
- Goodhue, D. L., and Thompson, R. L. 1995. "Task-Technology Fit and Individual Performance," MIS Quarterly (19:2), pp. 213-236. https://doi.org/10.2307/249689
- Gwangjo, C., Fei, C., and Hu, C. 2005. "The idea and key technology of Mobile Education," China's Distance Education (09), pp. 42-45.
- Hess, T. J., Fuller, M., and Campbell, D. E. 2009. "Designing interfaces with social presence: Using vividness and extraversion to create social recommendation agents," Journal of the Association for Information Systems (10:12), pp. 889-919. https://doi.org/10.17705/1jais.00216
- Hoehle, H., Zhang, X., and Venkatesh, V. 2015. "An espoused cultural perspective to understand continued intention to use mobile applications: a four-country study of mobile social media application usability," European Journal of Information Systems (24:3), pp. 337-359. https://doi.org/10.1057/ejis.2014.43
- Hong K. K., and Kim, Y. G. 2002. "The critical success factors for ERP implementation: an organizational fit perspective," Information & Management (40:1), pp. 25-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(01)00134-3
- Hwang, G. J., Lai, C. L., & Wang, S. Y. 2015. "Seamless flipped learning: a mobile technology-enhanced flipped classroom with effective learning strategies," Journal of computers in education (2:4), pp. 449-473. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40692-015-0043-0
- Jing, D. 2013. The Research of Mobile Learning Based on TTF and TAM Integration Model, Nanjing: Nanjing University.
- Keegan, D. 2000. "Learning from Telephony Electronic learning to Mobile learning," Open Education Research (05), pp. 6-10.
- Khadim, B. 2018. "Mobile Learning and Education in The Digital Age", eLearning Industry, Retrieved August 2019, from https://elearningindustry.com/mobile-learning-education-digital-age.
- Klopping, I. M., and Kinney, E. M. 2004. "Extending the technology acceptance model and the task-technofogy fit model to consumer e-commerce, information Technology," Learning and Performance Journal (22:1), pp. 35-48.
- Kwai, F. R., and Wagner, C. 2008. "Weblogging: A study of social computing and its impact on organizations," Decision Support Systems (45:2), pp. 242-250. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2007.02.004
- Li, B., and Cheng, Y. 2011. "Network oriented scholarship: Information Resource Utilization Mission Technical Adaptation Scale Development," Intelligence (30:9), pp. 997-1008.
- Li, L. 2015. "The study of applications in vocational high schools," University Education (02), pp. 53 - 54.
- Li, Y., and Li, Y. 2014. "Research and Design of Mobile Learning APP in University Colleges and Schools," Software Guide (Education Technique) (07), pp. 80-82.
- Limayem, M., Hirt, S. G., and Cheung, C. M. K. 2007. "How habit limits the predictive power of intention: The case of information systems continuance," MIS Quarterly (31:4), pp.705-737. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148817
- Lu, J., Yu, C. S., Liu, C., and Wei, J. 2017. "Comparison of mobile shopping continuance intention between China and USA from an espoused cultural perspective," Computers in Human Behavior (75), pp. 130-146. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2017.05.002
- Penuel, W. R., and Yarnall, L. 2005. "Designing handheld software to support classroom assessment: An analysis of conditions for teacher adoption," Journal of Technology, Learning, and Assessment (3:5), n5.
- Shengquan, Y. 2003. "A new field of learning for contemporary E-Learning," China's Distance Education, (22), pp. 76-78.
- Shih, Y., and Chen, C. 2013. "The study of behavioral intention for mobile commerce: via integrated model of TAM and TTF," Quality & Quantity (47:2), pp. 1009-1020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-011-9579-x
- Sun, J. J., and Lee, J. J. 2010. "E-commerce user receiving model based on TAM/TTF integrated circuit," Library Intelligence (20), pp. 119 - 123.
- Talking Data. 2015. "The Mobile Education Application Industry Report," Moving Data Center.
- Vahey, P., and Crawford, V. 2002. "Palm education pioneers final report," SRI international, Retrieved August 2019, from http://www.palmgrants.sri.com/PEP_Final_Report. pdf.
- Venkatesh, V., and Davis, F. D. 2000. "A theoretical extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: four longitudinal field studies," Management Science (46:2), pp. 186-204. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.22.214.171.12426
- Venkatesh, V., Morris, M. G., and Davis, G. B. 2003."User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view," MIS Quarterly (27:3), pp. 425-478. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036540
- Wells, J. D., Sarker, S., Urbaczewski, A., and Sarker, S. U. 2003. "Studying customer evaluations of electronic commerce applications: a review and adaptation of the task-technology fit perspective," In Proceedings of 36th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii, U.S.
- Xiaoqing, G., and Fengjia, G. 2008. "The Micro Learning Strategies: Design movement," China Electric Education (3), pp. 17-21.
- Ye, C., and Xu, F. 2004. "Mobile Learning and its Theoretical Foundations," Open Education Research (3), pp. 23-26.
- Ying, H., Guo, L., and Dou, W. 2012. "Intention to Use Mobile Work Support System Based on TTF and TAM Integration Perspective," Management Engineering Journal (04), pp. 176-182.
- Zigurs, I., and Buckland, B. K. 1998. "A theory of task/technology fit and group support systems effectiveness," MIS Quarterly (22:3), pp. 313-334. https://doi.org/10.2307/249668
- Zydney, J. M., and Warner, Z. 2016. "Mobile apps for science learning: Review of research," Computers & Education (94), pp. 1-17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2015.11.001