- Volume 15 Issue 4
The purpose of this study is to analyze the adoption of Kakao Bank in terms of benefits (functional, social, experiential, economic benefits) and differentiated services (customization and service diversity) considering service types. Benefits are personal value consumers attach to the product or service attributes and, therefore, more important than attributes of service itself when using Kakao Bank in the internet based environment. Data was collected using an online and offline survey of 131 Kakao Bank users and analyzed the data using structural equation model (SEM). The results of empirical analysis using SmartPLS show that functional benefit, experiential benefit, and customization are significantly related to the user's satisfaction, but economic benefits, social benefit, and service variety are not. Customer's satisfaction are also showed significantly to be related to the all types of Kakao Bank usage(balance check, transfer, and other services). This study has the significance in that it examines the user's satisfaction and usage of Kakao Bank in terms of benefits and differentiated services while other studies analyzed banking services focusing on the attributes of banking channel itself.
Supported by : 서울여자대학교
- Jun B.H., "An Empirical Study on the Adoption of Smart Banking in Korea," INFORMATION, 20(5B), 2017, pp.3471-3478.
- Kim S.J. & Kim C.B., "The Effects of the Mobile-banking Characteristics and Internet-only bank Benefits on the Switching Value and the Use Intention," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 18(8), 2018, pp.109-117. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2018.18.08.109
- Park M.H., "Influences of Character Marketing on Usage Intention of Internet-only Banks: Case of Kakao bank," Doctoral Dissertation, Yonsei University, 2017.
- Keller, Strategic Brand Management: Building, Measuring and Managing Brand Equity, Prentice Hall, New Jersy, 2017.
- Aijaz A. Shaikh and Heikki Karjaluoto, "Mobile banking adoption: A literature review," Telematics and Informatics, 32, 2015, pp.129-142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2014.05.003
- Gonçalo Baptista and Tiago Oliveira, "A weight and a meta-analysis on mobile banking acceptance research," Computers in Human Behavior, 63, 2016, pp.480-489. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.05.074
- Bae J.K., "A Study on the Determinant Factors of Innovation Resistance and Innovation Acceptance on Internet Primary Bank Services : Combining the Theories of Innovation Diffusion and Innovation Resistance," The e-Business Studies, 19(2), 2018, pp.91-104.
- Jang E.G. and Lee J.M., "A Study on Consumer Usage Pattern, Satisfaction, and Continuous Use Intention for Internet-only Banks: Application of Use-diffusion Model," Journal of Korean Consumption Culture Association, 22(1), 2019, pp.69-94. https://doi.org/10.17053/jcc.2019.22.1.004
- Peter J.P & Olson J., Consumer behavior: Marketing strategy perspectives, Irwin, 1987.
- Young-Mo Kwon, "A Study on the Affecting the Intention to Use of Smart-Phone Mobile Banking," Review of business & economics, 28, 2015, pp.529-549.
- Seong Ok Hong and Hag Min Kim, "Behavior analysis of mobile banking user with smart phone," International Commerce and Information Review, 16, 2014, pp.35-54. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.16.4.201409.35
- Seong Ho Lee, "The Impact of Convenience Value of Mobile Banking Service on Customer Satisfaction and Re-Usage Intention: The Moderator Effect of Technology Anxiety," Journal of Information Technology Services, 14, 2015, pp.1-14. https://doi.org/10.3923/itj.2015.1.9
- Noh M.J & Hwabgbo C., "A Study on Users' Intention to Use Considering Service Quality of Smartphone Banking," Information System Review, 25, 2016, pp.105-134.
- Woo D.S., Moon J.B. & Yoo W.J., "A Study of the Satisfaction on the Social Networking Service Cognition to Personality Traits," The e-Business Studies, 14, 2013, pp.263-285. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.14.2.201306.263
- Yim K.H., Kwon J.H. & Quan Z.X., "The Effect of Benefits of Mobile Application Use-Diffusion and Purchase Intention in Service Management," Journal of Digital Convergence, 14, 2016, pp.63-69.
- Jun B.H., "An Analysis of the on-line Shopping Motivation of one-person Households using R," Journal of the Korea Society of Digital Industry and Information Management, 15(1), 2019, pp.123-132. https://doi.org/10.17662/KSDIM.2019.15.1.123
- Jun B.H., "A Study of Consumer Behavior on Online Shopping Discount Event in Korea," Journal of the Korea Society of Digital Industry and Information Management, 14(2), 2018, pp.107-115. https://doi.org/10.17662/KSDIM.2018.14.2.107
- Henseler J., Ringle C. M., & Sinkovics R. R., "The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing," Advances in International Marketing, 20, 2009, pp.277-319.
- Chin W.W., "Issues and opinion on structural equation modeling," MIS Quarterly, 22, 1998, pp.7-16.
- Straub D., "Validating instruments in MIS research," MIS Quarterly, 13, 1989, pp.147-169. https://doi.org/10.2307/248922
- Churchill G. A., "A paradigm for developing better measures of marketing constructs," Journal of Marketing Research, 16, 1979, pp.64-73. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224377901600110
- Fornell C. & Lacker D. F., "Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Errors," Journal of Marketing Research, 18, 1981, pp.39-50. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224378101800104
- Kim K. S., Easy SEM with SmartPLS, Chungram, 2013.