- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Liquid Fertilizer Application using Fish-meal, Bone-meal and Sesame oil-cake on Seed Germination and Growth of Tomato
어분, 골분 및 참깨박을 이용한 발효액비 제조에 따른 무 발아 및 토마토 생육에 미치는 영향
- An, Nan-Hee (Organic Agriculture Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences) ;
- Lee, Sang-min (Organic Agriculture Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences) ;
- Cho, Jung-Rai (Organic Agriculture Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences) ;
- Lee, Cho-Rong (Organic Agriculture Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences) ;
- Kong, Min-jae (Organic Agriculture Division, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences)
- 안난희 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 이상민 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 조정래 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 이초롱 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 공민재 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과)
- Received : 2019.11.15
- Accepted : 2019.12.16
- Published : 2019.12.20
This study aimed to investigate the physicochemical characteristics of fish meal, bone meal, and sesame oil cake, which are readily available by-products from agriculture and fisheries, during the process of liquid fertilizer fermentation, and to examine the effects of liquid fertilizer application on seed germination and growth of tomatoes. During processing the fermentation for liquid fertilizers by using fish meal, bone meal, and sesame oil cake liquid fertilizers, the pH of the fertilizer increased in the order of bone meal > fish meal > sesame oil cake, and the concentration increased rapidly up to 30 days in all types of liquid fertilizer. The nitrogen content of the liquid fertilizers increased as fermentation progressed in the order of fish meal > bone meal > sesame oil cake. The phosphorus content increased as fermentation progressed and the highest was 1.0 % in the liquid fertilizer of sesame oil cake. The germination rate and its index of radish seeds were compared for different dilutions of each of the liquid fertilizers. Excluding the 10-fold dilution of the fish meal and oil cake liquid fertilizer, all the treatment groups showed a germination rate ≥ 95 % and the germination index tended to increase with dilution rate of liquid fertilizers. For responses of tomato growth, there were no significant differences among the liquid fertilizer treatment groups; however, the organic content, microbial density, and microbial biomass C in the soil were higher than chemical fertilizer treatment. These results demonstrated that there were differences in the characteristics of liquid fertilizers depending on the materials used, and that liquid fertilizer can be used for nutrition management for the organic crop cultivation.
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Jeong, H. G., Sung, J. H. and Lee, H. J., "State of korean and overseas markets for Environment-friendly agricultural products and challenges 2018", KREI Agri-Policy Focus, 169. (2018).
- Kim, C. G., Jeong, H. G., Im, Y. A., Lee, H. J. and Kim, Y. G., "Fostering Environment-Friendly Agriculture and Strengthening Management of Agri-Environmental Resources", KREI. (2016).
- Lee, Y. J., Yun, H. B., Song, Y. S., Lee, C. H., Sung, J. K. and Ha, S. K., "Effects of organic matter sources on nitrogen supply potential in arable land", CNU J. of agricultural science, 42(4), pp. 431-437. (2016).
- An, N. H., Cho, J. R., Kim, Y. K., Han, E. J. and Gu, J. S., "Effect of fish meal liquid fertilizer application on soil characteristics and growth of Cucumber(Cucumis sativus L.) for organic culture", J of KORRA, 25(3), pp. 12-21. (2017).
- Choi, D. H., Sung, J. K., Lee, S. M., Lee, Y. H., Kim, J. M., Jung, J. A. and Song, B. H., "Selection of useful organic materials as an additional fertilizer for organic red-pepper production and the application effect", Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 41(3), pp. 153-157. (2008).
- Kai, H., Ueda, T. and Sakaguchi, M., "Antimicrobial activity of bark-compost extracts", Soil Biol. Biochem., 2. pp. 983-986. (1990).
- Elad, Y. and Shtienberg, D., "Effect of compost water extracts on grey mould(Botrytis cinerea)", Crop protection, 13. pp. 109-114. (1994). https://doi.org/10.1016/0261-2194(94)90160-0
- NIAST, "Technical guidance manual for manure compost and liquid manure for environmental-friendly agriculture use", Rural Development Administration. (1999).
- RDA, "Manual of analysis of manure compost & liquid manure components and maturity", Rural Development Administration. (2017).
- RDA, "Tomato cultivation manual", Rural Development Administration. (2017).
- NIAST, "Analysis methods of soil and plant", Rural Development Administration. (2010).
- Suh, J. S., Kwon, J. S. and Noh, H. J., "Effect of the long-term application of organic matters on microbial diversity in upland soils", Korea J. Soil Sci. Fer., 43(6), pp. 987-994. (2010).
- Vane, E. D., Brookes, P. C. and Jenkinson, D. S., "An extraction method for measuring soil microbial biomass carbon", Soil Biol. Biochem., 19, pp. 703-707. (1987). https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(87)90052-6
- Inbar, Y., Chen, Y. and Hadar, Y., "Humic substances formed during the composting of organic matter", Soil Sci. Soc. Amer. J., 54(5), pp. 1316-1323. (1989). https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1990.03615995005400050019x
- Jeong, K. H., Kim, T. I., Choi, K. C., Han, J. D. and Kim, W. H., "Change of compost properties during aerobic composting of poultry manure", Kor. J. Anim. Sci., 39(6), pp. 731-738 (1997).
- Choi, D. Y., Kwan, J. H., Park, K. H., Song, J. I., Kim, J. H., Kang, H. S., Han, C. B., Choi, S. W. and Lee, C. S. "Study on the development of measuring system for fermentation degree of liquid swine manure using visible ray", J. Lives. Hous. & Env., 16(3), pp. 227-236. (2010).
- Park, J. M., Lee, T. J., Lee, S. E. and Lee, I. B., "Effect of pig slurry fertigation on soil chemical properties and growth and development of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.)", Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 44(2), pp. 194-199. (2011). https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.194
- Jasso-Chaverria, C., Hochmuth, G. J., Hochmuth, R. C. and Sargent, S. A., "Fruit yield, size, and color responses of two greenhouse cucumber types to nitrogen fertilization in perlitesoilless cultures", Hort Technology, 15(4), pp. 565-571. (2005).
- Wang, Z., Liu, Z., Zhang, Z. and Liu, X., "Subsurface drip irrigation scheduling for cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) grown in solar greenhouse based on 20cm standard pan evaporation", Scientia Horticulture, 123(1), pp. 51-57. (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2009.07.020
- RDA, "Technical guidance for liquid manure use", Rural Development Administration. (2002).
- Kang, B. G., Kim, H. J., Lee, G. J. and Park, S. G., "Determination of the optimum application rate of pig slurry for red pepper cultivation", Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 37(6), pp. 388-395. (2004).
- No, A. S., "Investigation of nitrogen fertigation on cucumber under plastic film house", Annual Research Report, Gyeonggi-do Agricultural Research and Extension Service, pp. 497-505. (2006).
- McGill, W. B., Cannon, K. R., Roberson, J. A. and Cook, F. D., "Dynamics of soil microbial biomass and water-soluble organic carbon on Breton L. after 50 years of cropping to two rotation", Canadian Journal of Soil Science, 66(1), pp. 1-19. (1986). https://doi.org/10.4141/cjss86-001
- Garcia-Gil, J. C., Plaza, C., Soler-Rovira, P. and Polo, A., "Long-term effects of municipal solid waste compost application on soil enzyme activities and microbial biomass", Soil Biol. Biochem., 32(13), pp. 1907-1913. (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0038-0717(00)00165-6
- Lee, Y. H. and Ha, S. K., "Impacts of chemical properties on microbial population from upland soils on Gyeongnam province", Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 44(2), pp. 242-247. (2011). https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.242
- Bolton, H. J., Elliot, L. F. and Papendick, R. I., "Soil biomass and selected soil enzyme activities: effect of fertilization and cropping practices", Soil Biol. Biochem., 17(3), pp. 297-302. (1985). https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(85)90064-1
- Goyal, S., Mishira, M. M., Hooda, I. S. and Singh, R., "Organic matter-microbial biomass relationships in field experiments under tropical condition: effect of inorganic fertilization and organic amendments", Soil Biol. Biochem., 24(11), pp. 1081-1084. (1992). https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(92)90056-4