- Volume 14 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Mobility Robustness Optimization Technology in LTE Self Organization Networks
LTE 자가구성 네트워크에서 MRO 기술 분석
- Yang, Mo-Chan (Dept. Land System, Hanwha Systems)
- 양모찬 (한화시스템 지상시스템팀)
- Received : 2019.08.10
- Accepted : 2019.12.15
- Published : 2019.12.31
This paper describes SON(: Self Organization Network) technology in LTE networks. The SON is a unique feature of LTE compared to previous cellular systems such as UMTS and GSM, and it is a tool that effectively derives the best performance in the time-varying wireless radio environment. Also, the SON has the ability for the operator to automate the setting of the network, allowing for centralized planning and reducing the need for manual work. The SON is largely divided into three categories: Self-Configuration, Self-Optimization, and Self-Healing. Each large categories has a detailed description of technology, and the technologies in each categories are gathered to complete the technology called the SON. In this paper, we focus on MRO which is one of the Self-Optimization technique in each of the three categories.
- Y. Kim, "Handover Performance of LTE-R Networks," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 13, no. 6, 2018, pp. 1223-1228. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2018.13.6.1223
- B. Kim, "Study on QoE of the VoIP Service for QoS levels over LTE Mobile Communication System," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 3, 2016, pp. 309-316. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.3.309
- H. Cho, H. Oh, and J. Choi, "Trends of LTE based Railway Communication Systems," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 4, 2016, pp. 373-378. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.4.373
- 3GPP TS 36.300, 3rd Generation Partnership Project; Technical SpecificationGroup Radio Access Network; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN); Overall description; Stage 2 (Release 11).
- 3GPP TS 36.211, 3rd Generation Partnership Project; Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Physical Channels and Modulation (Release 10).
- M. Amirijoo, P. Frenger, F. Gunnarsson, H. Kallin, J. Moe, and K. Zetterberg, "Neighbor Cell Relation List and Physical Cell Identity Self-Organization in LTE," IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2008, pp. 37-41.
- P. Lee, J. Jeong, N. Saxena, and J. Shin, "Dynamic Reservation Scheme of Physical Cell Identity for 3GPP LTE Femtocell Systems," Journal of Information Processing Systems, 2009.
- 3GPP TSG-RAN WG3 #60 R3-081414, Exchange of eUTRAN neighbour information, 3GPP, 2008.
- 3GPP TSG-RAN WG3 #61 R3-082228, Framework for distributed PCI selection, 3GPP, 2008.
- I. Viering, B. Wegmann, A. Lobinger, A. Awada, and H. Martikainen, "Mobility robustness optimization beyond Doppler effect and WSS assumption," In Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Wireless Commun. Syst., Aug. 2011, pp. 1-6.
- Z. Wei, "Mobility robustness optimization based on UE mobility for LTE system," In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Wireless Commun. Signal Process., Oct. 2010, pp. 1-5.
- T. Jansen, I. Balan, J. Turk, I. Moerman, and T. Kurner, "Handover parameter optimization in LTE self-organizing networks," In Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf. Fall, Sept. 2010, pp. 1-5.
- T. Jansen, I. Balan, S. Stefanski, I. Moerman, and T. Kurner, "Weighted performance based handover parameter optimization in LTE," In Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf., May 2011, pp. 1-5.
- I. Balan, T. Jansen, B. Sas, I. Moerman, and T. Kurner, "Enhanced weighted performance based handover optimization in LTE," In Proc. Future Netw. Mob. Summit, June 2011, pp. 1-8.
- S. Hamalainen, H. Sanneck, and C. Sartori, LTE Self-Organizing Networks: Network Management Automation for Operational Efficiency, John Wiley & Sons, 2012.