- Volume 18 Issue 4
A Study on Development of LED Lighting Module and Control System for Plant Growth
식물 성장용 LED조명 모듈 및 제어 시스템 개발에 관한 연구
- Lee, Seung Min (Good I-Tech Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Wan Bum (Dept. of Computer-Software Engineering, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2019.12.11
- Accepted : 2019.12.16
- Published : 2019.12.31
LED lighting is used as artificial lighting for plant growth because it has high light efficiency and can radiate light of various wavelengths. In this paper, we have developed new structure LED lighting module to improve the performance of LED lighting for plant growth and proposed a lighting control system that can be controlled wirelessly. The proposed LED lighting module was fabricated using optical lens applied to tunnel light and simulated using Relux program. Results of simulation, we confirmed that the light distribution and average illuminance of the proposed lighting were improved. LED lighting control system was developed to wirelessly control R, G, B, W LED lighting according to plant type and growing season. Therefore, it is expected to provide the optimal lighting environment for plant growth and contribute to the improvement of farm productivity and convenience.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- H. Kim and M. W. LEE, “IT Convergence Smart lighting technology,” Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 10-14, Apr. 2011.
- W. B. Lee, "Development of Wireless Control System for High Power LED Luminaire Using Bluetooth Wireless Communication and Current Control System," Journal of KAIS, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 66-72, Mar, 2015.
- C. G. Yoon and H. K. Choi, “A Study on the Various Light Source Radiation Conditions and use of LED Illumination for Plant Factory,” Jou. of KIIEE, Vol. 25, No. 10, pp. 14-22, 2011.
- Y. J. Hong, S. J. Lim, and W. B. Lee, "A study on lighting system for LED color temperature control using wireless communication and smartphone," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol. 18, No. 11 pp. 72-77, 2017.
- S. M. So, "A Study on Heat Simulation for Heat Radiation in 150W LED", Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 15, No. 4. pp. 79-85, 2016.
- S. N. Hwang, H. J. Park, and J. R. Ryu, "Design and Characteristic of High Functional LED Array used in the Plant Cultivation," Proceedings of KIIT Conference, pp. 453-460, 2013.
- J. G. Lee, S. S. Oh, S. W. Cha, Y. A. Jang, S. Y. Kim, Y. C. Um, and S. R. Cheong, “Effects of Red/Blue Light Ratio and Short-term Light Quality Conversion on Growth and Anthocyanin Contents of Bady Leaf Lettuce,” Jou. of Bio-Environment Control, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 351-359, 2010.
- J. D. Hwang and D. S. Ko, “Evaluation of Plant Growth according to the Wavelength Characteristics of the LED Light Source,” KSMPE, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 98-106, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2014.13.5.098
- J. H. Yang and D. H. Park, “A Study on growth of the Plant depends on PPFD and Wavelength of LED lighting module,” Jou. of Korea Soc. of Mechanical Technology, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 31-38, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17958/ksmt.17.1.201502.31