- Volume 18 Issue 3
Effect of Nd:YVO4 Laser Beam Direction on Direct Patterning of Indium Tin Oxide Film
- Ryu, Hyungseok (Department of Electronics Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Lee, Dong Hyun (Department of Electronics Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Kwon, Sang Jik (Department of Electronics Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Cho, Eou Sik (Department of Electronics Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2019.09.06
- Accepted : 2019.09.25
- Published : 2019.09.30
A Q-switched diode-pumped neodymium-doped yttrium vanadate (YVO4, λ =1064nm) laser was used for the direct patterning of indium tin oxide (ITO) films on glass substrate. During the laser direct patterning, the laser beam was incident on the two different directions of glass substrate and the laser ablated patterns were compared and analyzed. At a low scanning speed of laser beam, the larger laser etched lines were obtained by laser beam incident in reverse side of glass substrate. On the contrary, at a higher scanning speed, the larger etched pattern sizes were found in case of the beam incidence from front side of glass substrate. Furthermore, it was impossible to find no ablated patterns in some laser beam conditions for the laser beam from reverse side at a much higher scanning speed and repetition rate of laser beam. The laser beam is expected to be transferred and scattered through the glass substrate and the laser beam energy is thought to be also dispersed and much more influenced by the overlapping of each laser beam spot.
Grant : Display expert Training project for Advanced Display Equipments and Components Engineers
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy (MOTIE)
- McCarthy. M. A., Liu. B., Donoghue. E. P., Kravchenko. I., Kim. D. Y., So. F., and Rinzler. A. G., "Low-voltage, low-power, organic light-emitting transistors for active matrix displays," Science. Vol. 332, pp.570-573, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1203052
- Chen. M. F., Chen. Y. P., Hsiao. W. T., and Gu Z. P., "Laser direct write patterning technique of indium tin oxide film," Thin Solid Films, Vol. 515, pp. 8515-8518 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2007.03.172
- Li. Z. H., Cho. E. S., and Kwon. S. J., "A new laser direct etching method of indium tin oxide electrode for application to alternative current plasma display panel," Applied Surface Science. Vol. 255, pp.9843-9846, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2009.04.103
- Li. Z. H., Cho. E. S., and Kwon. S. J., "Laser direct patterning of the T-shaped ITO electrode for highefficiency alternative current plasma display panels," Applied Surface Science. Vol. 257, pp.776-780, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2010.07.063
- Kim. K. H., Kwon. S. J., and Tak. T. O., "A Study on Removal of Shoulders at Laser Ablated Indium Tin Oxide Film Edge," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics Vol. 47, pp.197-201, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.47.197
- Shin. H., Sim. B., and Lee. M., "Laser-driven highresolution patterning of indium tin oxide thin film for electronic device," Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 48, pp. 816-820, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2010.02.008
- Kim. S. Y., Kwon. S. J., "Highly conductive ITO / Ag /i-ZnO transparent electrode by in-line magnetron sputtering method," The Korean Society of Semiconductor & Display technology Vol. 14, pp.13-16 2015.
- Yoon. Y. T., Joe. E. S., and Kwon. S. J., "Optical analysis of ITO/ Ag / ITO multilayer thin films as conducting transparent electrodes," The Korean Society of Semiconductor & Display technology Vol. 18, pp.87-91 2019.
- Choi. K. J., Lee. Y. H., "An experimental study on the processing conditions of polyimid and Cu-metal layers using high power Nd: YAG UV laser," The Korean Society of Semiconductor & Display technology Vol. 8, pp.31-36 2009.