- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Numerical Simulation for River Safety of Saemangeum Basin according to Master Plan
새만금 종합개발계획에 따른 새만금 유역 치수 안전성 수치모의
- Received : 2018.05.02
- Accepted : 2018.08.16
- Published : 2018.10.31
The Saemangeum master plan includes dredging and waterproofing materials, construction projects that can change the hydraulic characteristics of the Saemangeum and Mangyeong and Dongjin River basins. In this study, the river safety of 2030 when the Saemangeum master plan was completed for 100 year frequency, 500 year frequency and 100 year frequency applied RCP 8.5 scenario was examined using Delft3D. As a result of the analysis, it was confirmed that there was no overflowing point at the 100 year frequency, but the difference between the flood level and the river bank elevation was relatively small at the curved and river joint part. At the 100-year frequency with the 500-year frequency and the RCP 8.5 scenario, the possibility of overflowing at several locations was confirmed. The possibility of river bed loss due to fast velocity appears in the upstream part of Mankyung River and it is necessary to monitor the safety of hydraulic structures continuously. In addition, it is expected that the expansion of the area showing the characteristics of the lake due to dredging will affect the sediment mechanism and water quality, so detailed and diverse studies will be needed.
saemangeum;Delft3D;design flood;RCP scenario;simulation
- Government, "Saemangeum Master Plan", 2011.
- S. W. Suh, and W. H. Cho, "Hydraulic Change Analysis on Saemangeum Reservoir after Final Closure", Journal of Korean Society Civil Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 361-369, 2007.
- J. H. Jeon, and S. W. Chung, "A Sensitivity Analysis on Numerical Grid Size of a Three-Dimensional Hydrodynamic and Water Quality Model (EFDC) for the Saemangeum Reservoir", Journal of Korean Society on Water Environment, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 26-37, 2012.
- S. W. Suh, and H. Y. Lee, "Water Quality Simulations After Completion of Saemangeum Reservoir Construction", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 1B, pp. 77-93, 2008.
- Korea Rural Community Corporation, The Hydraulic Experiment and Numerical Analysis of Saemangeum Basin 2014.
- Deltares, "D-Water quality User manual", 2018.
- S. I. Jeong, K. H. Ryu and S. O. Lee, "Numerical Sensitivity Analysis on Hydraulic Characteristics by Dredging in Upstream of Abrupt Expansion Region", J. Korean Soc. Saf., Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 46-52, 2017.
- C. F. Nashta, R. J. Garde and P. K. Swa Mee, "Subcritical Flow in Open Channel Expansions with Movable Bed" Journal of Hydraulic Research, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 89-102, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221688709499290
- G. R. Lesser, J. A. Roelvink, J. A. T. M. van Kester, and G. S. Stelling, "Development and Validation of a Three-dimensional Morphological Model, Journal of Coastal Engineering, Vol 51. pp. 883-915.
- N. Struiksma, "Prediction of 2-D Bed Topography in Rivers", ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 111, No. 8, pp. 1169-1182, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1985)111:8(1169)
- Ministry of Lan, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Mangyeong River Plan, 2009.
- Ministry of Lan, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Regional Infrastructure Technology Development Center, 2016.
- S. J. Ahn, B. M. Choi, I. S. Yeon and H. G. Kwark, "Runoff Simulation and Forecasting at Ungaged Station", Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 38, No. 6, pp. 485-494, 2005. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.6.485
- D. S. Lee, H. J. Kim and C. G. Song, "Influence of Input Parameters on Shock Wave Propagation in Quasi-3D Hydrodynamic Model", J. Korean Soc. Saf., Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 112-116, 2017.
- P. J. Whiting and W. E. Dietrich, "Boundary shear stress and Roughness Over Mobile Alluvial Beds", Journal of Hydraulic Engneering, Vol. 116, No. 12, pp. 1495-1511., 1990. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1990)116:12(1495)
Supported by : 행정안전부