- Volume 33 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Non-Redirective Crash Cushion for Bridge Piers Considering Occupant Safety
탑승자 안전도를 고려한 교각 방호시설물 개발에 관한 연구
- Received : 2018.03.24
- Accepted : 2018.08.20
- Published : 2018.10.31
The traffic accident types are largely classified into vehicle to vehicle accident, vehicle-to-person accident and single-vehicle. Especially, the single-vehicle accident types are severe when the vehicle crashed into road facilities such as bridge, piers, utility poles. The severity of single-vehicle accidents are ten times higher than that of all other accidents types. It is needed to consider to reduce accident severity. This study was conducted to develop crash worthy safety design facility to ensure the vehicle occupant safety. The simulation and the crash tests were conducted for assessment of the safety performance to check the criteria of CC2(Crash Cushion 2) level. THIV(Theoretical Head Impact Velocity) and PHD(Post-impact Head Deceleration) were used to assess occupant impact severity for crashes. The non-redirection collision test conditions for 900 kg and 1,300 kg-head on crash tests, 900 kg-1/4 offset crash tests, 1,300 kg-head on crash test with
crash cushion;PHD(Post-impact Head Deceleration);crash test;simulation;THIV(Theoretical Head Impact Velocity)
- Samsung Traffic Safety Research Institute, "A Proposal on Road-off Collision Prevention and Damage Mitigation", 2015.
- KoRoad, 2016 Traffic Accident Statistical, 2015.
- J. H. Park and D. G. Yun, "Analysis of Road Cross Section Component Affecting Traffic Accident Severity on National Highway", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 143-149, 2017.
- M. J. Ko, K. D. Kim, K. J. Kim, J. G. Sung and D. G. Yun, "Crash Worthiness of a Post with Clip-Type Slip base Subject to Side Impact", Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 175-186, 2010.
- D. Y. Jang, M. G. Ko, J. W. Joo and D. Kim, "Transforming Test Data of an Impact to a Crash Cushion into the Data of Different Impact Condition", Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 32, No. 4, pp. 197-206, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2012.32.4A.197
- J. W. Joo, D. Y. Jang and J. J. Park, "A Study on the Development and of Establishment Performance Evaluation Criteria of Working Truck Mounted Attenuator", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 185-191, 2012.
- MLTM, Guideline for Road Restraint System, 2016.
- AASHTO, "Roadside Design Guide", 2011.
- European Committee for Standardization, "Road Restraint System", 2010.
- NCHRP Report 350, "Recommended Procedures for the Safety Performance Evaluation of Highway Features", National Cooperative Highway Research Program, 1993.
- K. D. Kim, M. G. Ko, and M. K. Nam, "Data Processing and Numerical Procedures Influencing on Occupant Risk Indices", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 215-126, 2007.
Supported by : 국토교통부