- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Design of Smart Contracts mechanism based on the Blockchain for anti-money laundering
자금 세탁 방지를 위한 블록체인 기반 스마트 컨트랙트 메커니즘 설계
- Kang, Heejung (Department of Computer Science, Sungshin Women's University) ;
- Kim, Hye Ri (Department of Computer Science, Sungshin Women's University) ;
- Hong, Seng-phil (Department of Convergence Security Engineering, Sungshin Women's University)
- Received : 2018.03.16
- Accepted : 2018.09.06
- Published : 2018.10.31
The Blockchain is a technique that prevents data from being manipulated and guarantees the integrity and reliability of the data by all participants in the network jointly owning and validating the data. Since the Blockchain characterized by security, scalability and transparency, it is used in a variety of fields including logistics, distribution, IoT and healthcare, including remittance. In particular, there is a growing interest in smart contract that can create different forms of contracts and automate implementation based on Blockchain. Smart Contract can be used to pre-programme contracts and are implemented immediately when conditions are met. As a result, digital data can be more reliable. In this paper, we are conducting a study on the smart contract design as a way to solve such problems as illegal misuse of funds on virtual currency, which has become an issue recently. Through this process, we applied the customer identification and money laundering prevention process using smart contract, and then check the possibility of preventing money laundering and propose the ASM (AML SmartContract Mechant) design.
Supported by : Sungshin University
- DongSeop Kim, "The Present Status and Implications of distributed ledger technology and Digital Currency", KFTC (Korea Financial Telecommunications & Clearings Institute), 2016.
- HyeonCheol Park, "Introduction of a small overseas Remittance and Changes in the Foreign Remittance Market", report of A financial letter, 2017.
- YoonSeok Lee, "Money Laundry Risk and Policy Implications in Virtual Money", KIF Research, vol 25, 38, 2016.
- JungHo Seo, Daeki Lee, Gonpil Choi, "Financial Block Chain Utilization and Policy Issues", KIF Research, 2017.
- Stephen Harrison, Capco: What Blockchain Isn't?, http://www.risktech-forum.com/opinion/what-blockchain-isnt, 2016.
- Hanjae Jeong, "Design and Implementation of Blockchain Based Digital IdentityManagement System", Soongsil Univ, 2017.
- YoungHee Seo, Ji-Hwan Song, Young-Il Gong, "Blockchain Technology: Prospect and Implications in Perspective of Industry and Society", SPRi, vol2017-004, 2017.
- N. Szabo. Smart Contracts. http://szabo.best.vwh.net/smart.contracts.html, 1994.
- Byung-hee Kim, "Modeling Smart Contract by Timed Automata", 44-46, Korea Univ, 2016.
- S. Nakamoto, Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System, https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf, 2008.
- V. Buterin, "Ethereum White Paper : A Next Generation Smart Contract & Decentralized Application Platform", Ethereum.org, 2014.
- Korea Customs Service, "Status of foreign currency violation", 2017. http://www.index.go.kr/.
- Korea Customs Service, "Find out about illegal foreign currency transactions, such as new currency transactions using virtual currencies", 2018. http://www.customs.go.kr/kcshome/.
- Financial Services Commission, Price waterhouse Coopers, "Experiences and methodology of Korea's anti-money laundering system deployment and development", KDI, 2013.
- Financial News, "Establishment of an organization dedicated to the recovery of profits from a virtual monetary crime", 2018. http://www.fnnews.com/news/201802121255405396.
- Financial Services Commission, "AML guidelines for virtual currencies", Financial Services Commission, 2018.
- Coindesk, "Japan, Cryptographic Exchange 6 orders to improve anti-money laundering (AML)", 2018, https://www.coindeskkorea.com
- Kyoungsoo Bok, Jinkyung Yun, Yeonwoo Kim, Jongtae Lim and Jaesoo Yoo, "User Reputation computation Method Based on Implicit Ratings on Social Media," KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1570-1594, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2017.03.018 https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2017.03.018
- Chun-Ta Li, Cheng-Chi Lee, Chi-Yao Weng and Chun-I Fan, "An Extended Multi-Server-Based User Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme with User Anonymity," KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 119-131, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2013.01.008 https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2013.01.008
- Yanrong Lu, Lixiang Li, Haipeng Peng and Yixian Yang, "Robust ID based mutual authentication and key agreement scheme preserving user anonymity in mobile networks," KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1273-1288, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2016.03.018. https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2016.03.018
- L. S. Sankar, M. Sindhu and M. Sethumadhavan, "Survey of consensus protocols on blockchain applications", 2017 4th International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 6-7 January, 2017.
- SeungHwa Chung, " Legal Issues for the Introduction of Distributed Ledger Based on Blockchain Technology-Focused On the Financial Industry", Korea Financial Law Association, Vol.13 No.2, 2016.