- Volume 14 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Internet of Things System Architecture for Aiding Firefighters in the Scene of Disaster
- Lee, Hyesun (Internet of Things Research Division, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute) ;
- Hong, Sang Gi (Internet of Things Research Division, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Kang Bok (Internet of Things Research Division, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute)
- Received : 2018.05.24
- Accepted : 2018.07.06
- Published : 2018.10.31
To support and protect firefighters in the scene of disaster, this research suggests an Internet of Things (IoT) system architecture that can be configurable and applicable to firefighting and rescue in various disaster situations. The proposed approach provides increased adaptability and reusability of systems compared to existing approaches. To validate the feasibility of the approach, a system of systems based on the architecture was developed and successfully tested for a specific firefighting and rescue scenario in a given test environment.
Grant : Distributed Intelligence Core Technology of Hyper-Connected Space
Supported by : National Fire Agency, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute
- R. F. Fahy, P. R. LeBlanc, and J. L. Molis, "Firefighter fatalities in the United States, 2016," 2017; https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Publications/NFPA-Journal/2017/July-August-2017/Features/Firefighter-Fatalities.
- W. Song, L. Liu, Y. Tian, G. Sun, S. Fong, and K. Cho, "A 3D localisation method in indoor environments for virtual reality applications," Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, vol. 7, article no. 39, 2017.
- J. Kwak and Y. Sung, "Beacon-based indoor location measurement method to enhanced common chordbased trilateration," Journal of Information Processing Systems, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1640-1651, 2017. https://doi.org/10.3745/JIPS.04.0053
- J. H. Lee and B. S. Shin, "SensDeploy: efficient sensor deployment strategy for real-time localization," Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, vol. 7, article no. 36, 2017.
- H. Lee, M. Bae, S. G. Hong, J. Choi, K. H. Son, and K. B. Lee, "Connected system with augmented cognition for wearable rescue equipment. Part 4: service framework interface," Telecommunications Technology Association Standard (No. TTAK.KO-10.0967-Part4), 2017.
- M. Salatino, M. De Maio, and E. Aliverti, Mastering JBoss Drools 6. Birmingham, UK: Packt Publishing, 2016.
- S. G. Hong, K. H. Son, H. Lee, M. Bae, and K. B. Lee, "Augmented IoT service architecture assisting safe firefighting operation," in Proceedings of the Global IoT Summit 2018, Bilbao, Spain, 2018.