- Volume 19 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Long-term Performance of Secondary dam Installed for Water Purification of Reservoir
호소의 수질개선을 위하여 설치한 부댐의 장기간 성능평가
- Kim, Bong-Kyun (Dong San Bio Concrete R&D Center, Dong San Concrete Industry Company) ;
- Park, Jun-Seok (Dong San Bio Concrete R&D Center, Dong San Concrete Industry Company) ;
- Won, Hee-Jae (Dong San Bio Concrete R&D Center, Dong San Concrete Industry Company) ;
- Kim, Yun-Yung (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- 김봉균 (동산콘크리트산업(주) BIO콘크리트연구소) ;
- 박준석 (동산콘크리트산업(주) BIO콘크리트연구소) ;
- 원희재 (동산콘크리트산업(주) BIO콘크리트연구소) ;
- 김윤용 (충남대학교 토목공학과)
- Received : 2018.07.23
- Accepted : 2018.10.05
- Published : 2018.10.31
Most reservoirs in Korea have a low water depth and are small in size. Water pollution of the reservoir is serious because of the organic matter flowing from livestock wastewater, domestic sewage, and farmland. In this study, an attempt was made to improve the water purification effect by replacing the secondary dam installed in the depression area of the agricultural reservoir with the riprap dam. To evaluate the long-term performance, a riprap dam was installed in a reservoir in Gyeonggi province and water purification effect for 36 months was measured. The field test results showed that COD was 14.6%, SS 38.6%, T-N 9.5%, and T-P 11.2%. The concentrations in the influent water exhibited a significant change according to season, and the water purification effect increased with increasing concentration of influent water. The pollutant flowing into the lake from the depression area can be blocked effectively if the secondary riprap dam for water purification is installed in the agricultural reservoir.
Secondary dam;Reservoir;Water purification;Field test;Long-term performance
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- World Economic Forum. The Global Risks Report 2018 13th Edition. p.60, World Economic Forum, 2018.
- OECD. OECD Environmental Outlook to 2030 (Summary in Korean). p.2,12, OECD Rights and Translation unit, 2008.
- Y. A. Lim, H. S. Kim, Characteristics of Agricultural Water Supply and Demand, and Related Policy Implications. pp3-4,20, Korea Rural Economic Institute, 2015.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA), Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2016 Statistical Yearbook of Land and Water Development for Agriculture. pp.21-28, Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2017.
- Korea Rural Community Corporation, Agricultural water Improvement project, pp.3-8, Korea Rural Community Corporation RRI Focus, No.20, 2013.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (MAFRA), Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2017 Agricultural Water Monitoring Results. pp.69-71, Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2017.
- H. J. Kim, H. I. Kim, "Water Quality Management of Agricultural Reservoirs Considering Effective Water Depth", Korean National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage Journal, Vol.17, No.2, pp.100, December, 2010.
- H. I. Kim, H. J. Kim, "Water Quality Management of Agricultural Lakes Through Analysis of Agricultural Water Quality Survey Network Data", Korean National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage Journal, Vol.19, No.1, pp.26, June, 2012.
- Nakdong River Water System Management Committee, Agricultural Reservoir water quality improvement study for the Nakdong River water conservation, p.271-276, Nakdong River Water System Management Committee
- T. H. Lee, "A Study on the Characteristics and Reduction of Nonpoint Source Pollution for Water Quality Improvement of Agricultural Reservoirs", Korean National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage Journal, Vol.15, No.2, pp.50-61, December, 2008.
- Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries(MIFAFF), Korea Rural Community Corporation, Survey and design manual for improvement of water quality of agricultural reservoir. p.181-195, Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2009.
- Korea Agricultural and Rural Infrastructure Corporation, Korea Rural Community Corporation, A Program for the Restoration and Improvement of Reservoir Water Quality. p.95-211, Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2002.
- W. J. Kim, J. S. Park, D. S. Seo, B. K. Kim, J. H. Lee, J. Y. Chang, J. M. Oh, "Investigation on Linked Treatment Operation Effect of Element Technology for Reduction of Non-point Pollution Source", Journal of Water Treatment, Vol.23, No.1, pp.63-74, February, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.17640/kswst.2015.23.1.63
- W. J. Kim, B. K. Kim, J. S. Park, "Field Applicability Evaluation of Secondary Dam for Water Purification using Microorganism and Volcanic Pumice", Journal of Water Treatment, Vol.23, No.6, pp.105-114, August, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.17640/kswst.2015.23.6.105
- Young-min Koo, Jae-young Kim, Byung-ro Kim, Dong-il Seo, "Removal of Suspended Solids from Stormwater Runoff Using a Fabric Filter System", Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, Vol.37, No.3, pp.165-174, March, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4491/ksee.2015.37.3.165 https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.3.165
- J. R. Jang, S. H. Choi, G. S. Nam, S. K. Kwun, "The Evaluation of Pollutant Removal Efficiencies by Sedimentation Basin Types constructed at the Inlets of Irrigation Reservoirs", Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol.38, No.8, pp.665-674, August, 2005. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3741/jkwra.2005.38.8.665 https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2005.38.8.665
- Y. S. Pae, G. S. Nam, "Practical Research on the Advanced Detention Pond for the Improvement of Water Quality of Agricultural Reservoir", Journal of Wetlands Research, Vol.10, No.3, pp.79-86, December, 2008.